Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola one Phonesmotorola one 5G ACE
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

10-12-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 6

Echo

2021-10-13, 15:14 PM

I am having a major issue with my new Motorola cell phone. Whomever I speak with hears an echo on there end. I have been told by multiple people this is an issue. I have a bigger problem, this is my only communication with my elderly father, who is hearing impaired. I am unable to talk with him because of this. I appreciate any help regarding this problem.

Options

5309 Posts

10-05-2016

United States of America

654 Signins

55182 Page Views

• Views: 55182
  • Message 2 of 6

Re:Echo

2021-10-13, 17:22 PM

Hi @ NGD14,

Sorry to hear that the phone is having an echo during calls. We'll try our best to help. To identify the cause of this concern, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Does this happen to both incoming and outgoing calls?
  • Does this only happen to regular phone calls?
  • Do you have a case on the phone? If yes, have you tried to remove it?

Let us know.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Please do not send me a personal message regarding your concerns or questions if this can be posted to this community. We prioritize the ones posting on threads.
Options

3 Posts

10-12-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2021-10-13, 22:39 PM

Yes this happens on both incoming and outgoing calls.

Not sure what you mean by regular calls, but the people who have complained about the echoing the call are cell phone to cell phone.

No I have not called with the phone case off. It doesn't seem to be blocking the speaker, but I will give it a try.

Options

2293 Posts

11-24-2020

India

231 Signins

24210 Page Views

• Views: 24210
  • Message 4 of 6

2021-10-14, 11:23 AM

@ NGD14 wrote:

Yes this happens on both incoming and outgoing calls.

Not sure what you mean by regular calls, but the people who have complained about the echoing the call are cell phone to cell phone.

No I have not called with the phone case off. It doesn't seem to be blocking the speaker, but I will give it a try.

Hi, 

Thank you for confirming! Try doing a hardware test on the phone's Microphone by going>>Device help application in menu>>Fix>> Hardware Test>>Microphone>> 'BEGIN TEST' and check if it is working or not. If you are able to hear the sound please restart the phone and check and there is no issue with the Microphone.

Let me know how it goes. 

Thanks

Sunitha

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

3 Posts

10-12-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2021-10-15, 0:39 AM

I did the microphone test and all seemed fine. I restarted the phone as well and ran the microphone test again and the test went fine. 

I do not hear the echo on the call its the person on the other end.

Options

2293 Posts

11-24-2020

India

231 Signins

24210 Page Views

• Views: 24210
  • Message 6 of 6

2021-10-18, 9:34 AM

@ NGD14 wrote:

I did the microphone test and all seemed fine. I restarted the phone as well and ran the microphone test again and the test went fine. 

I do not hear the echo on the call its the person on the other end.

Hi, 

Thank you for testing the Microphone in Device help application. I would suggest you follow the below instructions and let me know how it goes: 

• Ensure that the microphones on the device are not covered.
  • Ensure the protective film that ships with the device have been removed.
  • If you are using a case, cover, or screen protector on the device, I would recommend removing and trying without it.
  • Try power-cycling the phone. To do this, power the phone completely off, wait a minute then power back on.

I hope it helps! 

Thanks

Sunitha 

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms