Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola one Phonesmotorola one 5G ACE
All Forum Topics
Options

33 Posts

11-13-2015

United States of America

41 Signins

303 Page Views

• Views: 303
  • Message 1 of 41

Has the 5G Ace Received a System Update Since Jan 1, 2021?

2021-06-17, 4:35 AM

Or has Motorola not released an update for it yet?

I set up the phone (Unlocked, US Retail) in April. It was on the Jan 1, 2021 update then (& mine still is). I've manually checked for System updates in the roughly 2 months since I set it up (FOUR months when counting my unit's "current" update), but..."Everything looks good!"

To me, everything does not look good. My old, slower, & less expensive G7 received security updates about every 2 months, even receiving its Android 10 update. Yet my new, faster, & more expensive 5G Ace hasn't even received a notification for an update. I do get Google Play system updates just fine (currently on the June patch), so I know that's at least working.

It's bad enough that the 5G Ace is the first phone I bought that came w/ the same OS version as my previous phone, & I've been w/ Android since Froyo. But no security updates yet?

Not only am I worried that I'm missing out on security & stability improvements, but that my 5G phone will miss its 5G software activation & OS upgrade(s).

Options

6821 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3412 Signins

85956 Page Views

• Views: 85956
  • Message 2 of 41

Re:Has the 5G Ace Received a System Update Since Jan 1, 2021?

2021-06-17, 17:53 PM

@ pother wrote:

Or has Motorola not released an update for it yet?

I set up the phone (Unlocked, US Retail) in April. It was on the Jan 1, 2021 update then (& mine still is). I' manually checked for System updates in the roughly 2 months since I set it up (FOUR months when counting my unit' "current" update), but..."Everything looks good!"

To me, everything does not look good. My old, slower, & less expensive G7 received security updates about every 2 months, even receiving its Android 10 update. Yet my new, faster, & more expensive 5G Ace hasn' even received a notification for an update. I do get Google Play system updates just fine (currently on the June patch), so I know that' at least working.

It' bad enough that the 5G Ace is the first phone I bought that came w/ the same OS version as my previous phone, & I' been w/ Android since Froyo. But no security updates yet?

Not only am I worried that I' missing out on security & stability improvements, but that my 5G phone will miss its 5G software activation & OS upgrade(s).

Hello, I'd like to look into this further as I believe we've released both the Feb and Mar security updates for this US Retail unlocked model already. Can you update your forum profile with the current IMEI or SN from your device? Then let me know if it's ok to look at things from my end.

Thanks,

Tom

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

33 Posts

11-13-2015

United States of America

41 Signins

303 Page Views

• Message 3 of 41

2021-06-17, 18:39 PM

I have updated my profile w/ the info you requested.

You have my permission to look at things from your end.

Options

4519 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

782 Signins

62255 Page Views

• Views: 62255
  • Message 4 of 41

2021-06-18, 16:26 PM

@ pother wrote:

I have updated my profile w/ the info you requested.

You have my permission to look at things from your end.

Thank you so much for updating your profile. We'll reply back here once we have further looked into this. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

2 Posts

06-20-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 5 of 41

2021-06-20, 15:47 PM

I received my Motorola One 5G ACE (purchased from the Motorola website) on Friday (6/18), and set it up already. My phone also only shows the January update as the most recent one. 

Options

6821 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3412 Signins

85956 Page Views

• Message 6 of 41

2021-06-21, 22:50 PM

Hello all and thanks for posting. We're working to get newer software updates out as quickly as possible. There are some improvements we had to get tested before we could get the update pushed out to everyone. I apologize for the delays. We're working as quickly as possible. I hope you understand.

Thanks,
Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!

Options

33 Posts

11-13-2015

United States of America

41 Signins

303 Page Views

• Message 7 of 41

2021-06-21, 23:54 PM

Thank you for providing some closure on this issue. While the lack of new updates is disappointing, I'm relieved knowing it's not due to a glitch in my phone.

Here's hoping the testing goes smoothly.

Options

6821 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3412 Signins

85956 Page Views

• Message 8 of 41

2021-06-22, 20:25 PM

@ pother wrote:

Thank you for providing some closure on this issue. While the lack of new updates is disappointing, I' relieved knowing it' not due to a glitch in my phone.

Here' hoping the testing goes smoothly.

I totally understand the disappointment. However, I'm glad I was able to put your mind at ease a little bit. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. I'll be around to help however I can.

Thanks,

Tom

Options

5 Posts

07-10-2021

United States of America

8 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 9 of 41

2021-07-10, 5:48 AM

I'm having the same issue. I'm stuck on march 2021. This is a major issue for me as I am currently isolated from my employer's mobile device management since my security patch level is more than two months behind. This is unacceptable, if I can't do my job, I can't own a Motorola phone. My profile is updated with my latest IMEI information and my phone is registered on the Motorola website. Is it a problem with just my phone ? I see the UW model has a patch level for june already.

Options

5 Posts

07-14-2021

United States of America

10 Signins

90 Page Views

• Views: 90
  • Message 10 of 41

2021-07-14, 1:39 AM

Is there an ETA for when we should expect new updates? It's weird to go from a phone that used to receive updates monthly to this brand new phone that still has the December security patch. One of the major reasons for upgrading phones is due to the fact that it had stopped receiving security updates, so imagine my surprise when my brand new phone, released January of this year, hasn't gotten any updates this year so far.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms