Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola one Phonesmotorola one 5G ACE
All Forum Topics
Options

6004 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3358 Signins

81031 Page Views

• Views: 81031
  • Message 21 of 24

Re:Has the 5G Ace Received a System Update Since Jan 1, 2021?

2021-07-16, 20:41 PM

I apologize for the delay. I spoke to some people on my end and they are working to get a new update out to you all as quickly as possible. There were some delays as they had to get some other (non-security) patches tested and into this next update. I apologize for the inconvenience. If you make sure your forum profile is updated with the current IMEI from your device, I'll see if I can get it out to you as soon as it's available.

Thanks,

Tom

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

15 Posts

07-11-2021

United States of America

19 Signins

120 Page Views

• Views: 120
  • Message 22 of 24

2021-07-16, 21:29 PM

I don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but I use the LMSA PC app to check for updates. I wasn't getting anything when I checked for updates OTA on my phone, but LMSA pushed it right away.

Cate

Options

5 Posts

05-24-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 23 of 24

2021-07-18, 13:50 PM

I agree, the update issue seems to be mainly hitting people who have the GSM Unlocked retail version.

Mine is from Amazon, still stuck in March, my carrier is Walmart Family Mobile using a T-Mobile sim, though Walmart Family Mobile GSM Locked phones are Trac-Phone, however all customer service calls I get are from Verizon claiming to be Family Mobile.

But when I called Family Mobile, they told me to stick the Walmart Family Mobile T-Mobile sim into my phone.

However I had to manually update my Google Play System Update from a 3rd party APK website (the Official Motorola OTA last update was Feb. 2021), I am currently on June 2021 from an APK drop outside my carrier and outside Motorola.. this has solved quite a few issues I was having with Google Play for app updates. I wish Motorola was on the ball like 3rd party individuals who drop APKs.

The Security Updates are still stuck in March 2021 OTA version; however, Motorola website lists the July 2021 security update (see my previous post in this thread for the Motorola web page screenshot) which should have been pushed out to every phone by now.

My IMEI number is attached to my account, and I would appreciate both the Google Play Services as well as the Security Update and/or Android 11 (Motorola is pushing out world wide on various models) ASAP please.

Edit: The following post shows my screenshot for the Security Update status on my phone.

Options

5 Posts

05-24-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 24 of 24

2021-07-18, 13:55 PM

Had trouble posting screen shot, so this is in addition to my previous post.

Screenshot_20210718-084847-868.png
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms