Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola one Phonesmotorola one 5G ACE
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

02-22-2021

United States of America

7 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 22

Not compatible on Verizon prepaid

2021-02-24, 1:31 AM

I had tried to activate this phone on Verizon prepaid and was not successful at all. Per information on this forum the option of "CDMA-less" needs to be activated on the account before the phone will start to function properly. I contacted Verizon through online chat to verify if I was able to do this and the feedback I received that this option is not available on pre-paid and is only available on post-paid plans. Not sure if I contacted a higher level of support and they would be able to enable this feature or not but at this point I was fed up and switched to T-Mobile.

Options

6777 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3410 Signins

85746 Page Views

• Views: 85746
  • Message 2 of 22

Re:Not compatible on Verizon prepaid

2021-02-24, 20:55 PM

@ Dreamhunter99 wrote:

I had tried to activate this phone on Verizon prepaid and was not successful at all. Per information on this forum the option of "CDMA-less" needs to be activated on the account before the phone will start to function properly. I contacted Verizon through online chat to verify if I was able to do this and the feedback I received that this option is not available on pre-paid and is only available on post-paid plans. Not sure if I contacted a higher level of support and they would be able to enable this feature or not but at this point I was fed up and switched to T-Mobile.

Sorry to hear this. It should work on prepaid as far as I'm aware and Verizon should be able to active cdma-less. I'm glad you got it working on T-Mobile though. I apologize for the issues you had with Verizon. I'm going to escalate from my end regarding the Verizon prepaid issues you had with activation.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

28 Posts

01-07-2018

United States of America

330 Signins

1656 Page Views

• Views: 1656
  • Message 3 of 22

Not compatible on Verizon prepaid

2021-02-26, 6:26 AM

I went thru a similar experience and they said they were able to provision me as CDMA-less. Still didn't work on Verizon Prepaid. It also doesn't pass IMEI check. After 3 weeks they gave up and so did I. I also switched to T-Mobile and never liked back. Lolol. Verizon has is problems with unlocked phones

Options

22 Posts

12-28-2016

United States of America

42 Signins

220 Page Views

• Views: 220
  • Message 4 of 22

2021-04-14, 18:19 PM

Has the issue with prepaid Verizon working with the Motorola One 5g Ace been fixed? I want to get one for my wife but we are

on Verizon prepaid and changing carriers isn't an option for us. Also is Motorola EVER going to get more of the Moto one 5g aces back in stock?

Options

6777 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3410 Signins

85746 Page Views

• Message 5 of 22

2021-04-21, 21:30 PM

@ Mikeyd4u wrote:

Has the issue with prepaid Verizon working with the Motorola One 5g Ace been fixed? I want to get one for my wife but we are

on Verizon prepaid and changing carriers isn' an option for us. Also is Motorola EVER going to get more of the Moto one 5g aces back in stock?

I know a few people had issues with the motorola one 5G Ace on Verizon prepaid, but it should be working. As for availability, sadly, I don't have any information on when a model might come back into stock on our site. I can ask around though and see what/if I can find. 

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

22 Posts

12-28-2016

United States of America

42 Signins

220 Page Views

• Message 6 of 22

2021-04-22, 2:12 AM

thanks Tom. I think I got one a few days later and it does work flawlessly on Verizon prepaid and my wife loves it. 

Thanks for the reply! Mikey d

Options

6777 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3410 Signins

85746 Page Views

• Message 7 of 22

2021-04-22, 19:43 PM

@ Mikeyd4u wrote:

thanks Tom. I think I got one a few days later and it does work flawlessly on Verizon prepaid and my wife loves it. 

Thanks for the reply! Mikey d

That's great to hear. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner to help set your mind at ease before purchasing. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you or your wife has any questions. 

-Tom

Options

5 Posts

06-03-2021

United States of America

5 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 8 of 22

2021-06-03, 3:00 AM

Greetings~

I am pulling my hair out over the ONE issue I have with my new Motorola phone. I bought it at Best Buy in Denver after owning my first Motorola phone (and my first smart phone, ever) for almost ten years. When it died I was talked into a Google Pixel 3. It lasted 2.5 years. Then I bought a Google Pixel 4, which lasted 2 months and died. Best Buy exchanged it for another Pixel 4 which lasted two weeks. I gave up and went back to Motorola.

The salesman who sold me the Moto put my Pixel 3 & 4 SIM card into it. I LOVED the Moto but couldn't receive text messages. I called Verizon (my service) and talked two hours to a tech who said I needed a 5G SIM. She mailed it. I put it in. NOTHING happened. I put the 4G back in and the phone did everything but receive texts.

I called Verizon again. After four hours on the phone with another tech, he couldn't figure out why the 5G SIM didn't work or why the 4G did work but not to receive texts. I can send texts but not receive them.

I made an appointment at the local Verizon store. I spent another two hours with four techs. They tried yet another 5G SIM. It didn't work. NO ONE had any answer but that this model of phone "does not work with the Verizon systems." If it didn't, why does the phone do everything BUT receive texts?? After all their fiddling around, I no longer have voicemail. They want me to return my new phone to Best Buy (I've had it one month) and buy a Motorola from the Verizon store that they say is a different model and compatible with their towers (although I've had no problems with the actual phone). Again, I've made an appointment and dread another several hours of messing around. I have no idea how much more I'll have to spend on their "compatible" Motorola phone.

I don't trust anyone right now. I Googled Motorola One 5G Ace phones and stumbled across a review that said if you use a 4G SIM you will not be able to receive texts, even though you can send them. Yet the 5G SIM didn't work in my phone for anybody who tried it.

PLEASE ADVISE!!! I love my Moto Ace--it's so user friendly, a great size, great camera, great everything. It was like "coming home," after the dumb Pixels. BUT no texts (can I ever retrieve what I've missed?) and now no voicemail.

HELP! 

Sunny Weber

Options

22 Posts

12-28-2016

United States of America

42 Signins

220 Page Views

• Message 9 of 22

2021-06-03, 17:07 PM

Just my 2 cents but, you will have to have "cdma less" added to your account for your text messaging to work.

When I got my Motorola Edge 5g, not plus, texting also didn't work and I had to get Verizon to add it to my 

account. I also went through the channels you went through to no avail. I would specifically tell them they needed

to add cdma less to my account and they would ignore me and try everything else to get it to work. I finally demanded

that if they didn't know what cdma less was get someone who does. After shifting me from person to person they

finally transfered me to a higher level of support and he had me working in about 2 minutes. That was last November

so I would think they have this figured out now, but guess not :( .

Options

22 Posts

12-28-2016

United States of America

42 Signins

220 Page Views

• Message 10 of 22

2021-06-03, 17:13 PM

oh yeah, I forgot the important point, We went through something similar when getting my wife's new Motorola

One 5G ACE set up about 2 months ago, except this time I didn't allow them to waste my time I requested to talk

to someone who knew what CDMA less is, and got it working in a few minutes. Hope this helps.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms