Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola one Phonesmotorola one 5G ACE
All Forum Topics
Options

5912 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3353 Signins

80426 Page Views

• Views: 80426
  • Message 11 of 22

Re:Not compatible on Verizon prepaid

2021-06-03, 17:49 PM

@ SunnyOne2 wrote:

Greetings~

I am pulling my hair out over the ONE issue I have with my new Motorola phone. I bought it at Best Buy in Denver after owning my first Motorola phone (and my first smart phone, ever) for almost ten years. When it died I was talked into a Google Pixel 3. It lasted 2.5 years. Then I bought a Google Pixel 4, which lasted 2 months and died. Best Buy exchanged it for another Pixel 4 which lasted two weeks. I gave up and went back to Motorola.

The salesman who sold me the Moto put my Pixel 3 & 4 SIM card into it. I LOVED the Moto but couldn' receive text messages. I called Verizon (my service) and talked two hours to a tech who said I needed a 5G SIM. She mailed it. I put it in. NOTHING happened. I put the 4G back in and the phone did everything but receive texts.

I called Verizon again. After four hours on the phone with another tech, he couldn' figure out why the 5G SIM didn' work or why the 4G did work but not to receive texts. I can send texts but not receive them.

I made an appointment at the local Verizon store. I spent another two hours with four techs. They tried yet another 5G SIM. It didn' work. NO ONE had any answer but that this model of phone "does not work with the Verizon systems." If it didn', why does the phone do everything BUT receive texts?? After all their fiddling around, I no longer have voicemail. They want me to return my new phone to Best Buy (I' had it one month) and buy a Motorola from the Verizon store that they say is a different model and compatible with their towers (although I' had no problems with the actual phone). Again, I' made an appointment and dread another several hours of messing around. I have no idea how much more I' have to spend on their "compatible" Motorola phone.

I don' trust anyone right now. I Googled Motorola One 5G Ace phones and stumbled across a review that said if you use a 4G SIM you will not be able to receive texts, even though you can send them. Yet the 5G SIM didn' work in my phone for anybody who tried it.

PLEASE ADVISE!!! I love my Moto Ace--it' so user friendly, a great size, great camera, great everything. It was like "coming home," after the dumb Pixels. BUT no texts (can I ever retrieve what I' missed?) and now no voicemail.

HELP! 

Sunny Weber

Hi Sunny. I'm sorry you've been getting run through the wringer here. I'll do my best to help you. The Motorola One 5G Ace is definitely compatible with Verizon. However, @Mikeyd4u is correct. You have to ensure the phone has been provisioned for CDMAless otherwise incoming messages will not be received. I do know that some other users have had luck using the Verizon chat support. Give them a try, sometimes it might take a couple of attempts to get it added correctly.

Keep me updated on how things progress.

Thanks,

Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

5 Posts

06-03-2021

United States of America

5 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 12 of 22

2021-06-03, 20:08 PM

Hi all,

Thanks to Mikey and Tom. I have an appt. at the Verizon store today and will take your responses to them. Hopefully someone there can do this right.

Sunny

Options

5 Posts

06-03-2021

United States of America

5 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 13 of 22

2021-06-04, 3:31 AM

Okay, everybody~

After another two hours (on top of the previous TEN hours I've spent in the last month) at the Verizon store today, having taken the notes from you all, the techs could still not get my Motorola 5G Ace to work. The voicemail went the other day after they fiddled with it, I've not gotten incoming text messages in the entire month I've been pursuing this, and they were unable to get a 5G SIM to be read by the phone (it's still got the 4G from my last Pixel). They could not get the phone provisioned for CDMA less. The conclusion was that I should return the 5G Ace to Best Buy, try to get a refund, and buy their Moto 9 Stylus model--until they found they didn't have one in stock!

So I am back where I started--no voicemail, no incoming text messages (are they stored someplace awaiting retrieval?), and no solutions.

I'll go to Best Buy tomorrow, stand in line AGAIN (since they do not answer phones or make appts), and see if they will take this phone back and give me one that is CDMA less that can be connected to the prepaid program. I could have tried the postpaid program--for an extra $30/mo. But the prepaid program will not accept this phone model.

I now know more about this technology than I ever wanted to (like a sink--I just want to turn it on and have water!), and just enough knowledge to be dangerous (or rude to a less informed salesperson).

Thanks for everyone's feedback--and in such timely ways! I don't know how to do "kudos" but Mikey and Tom deserve them.

Sunny

Options

5912 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3353 Signins

80426 Page Views

• Message 14 of 22

2021-06-04, 18:32 PM

@ SunnyOne2 wrote:

Okay, everybody~

After another two hours (on top of the previous TEN hours I' spent in the last month) at the Verizon store today, having taken the notes from you all, the techs could still not get my Motorola 5G Ace to work. The voicemail went the other day after they fiddled with it, I' not gotten incoming text messages in the entire month I' been pursuing this, and they were unable to get a 5G SIM to be read by the phone (it' still got the 4G from my last Pixel). They could not get the phone provisioned for CDMA less. The conclusion was that I should return the 5G Ace to Best Buy, try to get a refund, and buy their Moto 9 Stylus model--until they found they didn' have one in stock!

So I am back where I started--no voicemail, no incoming text messages (are they stored someplace awaiting retrieval?), and no solutions.

I' go to Best Buy tomorrow, stand in line AGAIN (since they do not answer phones or make appts), and see if they will take this phone back and give me one that is CDMA less that can be connected to the prepaid program. I could have tried the postpaid program--for an extra $30/mo. But the prepaid program will not accept this phone model.

I now know more about this technology than I ever wanted to (like a sink--I just want to turn it on and have water!), and just enough knowledge to be dangerous (or rude to a less informed salesperson).

Thanks for everyone' feedback--and in such timely ways! I don' know how to do "kudos" but Mikey and Tom deserve them.

Sunny

Sunny,

I'm truly sorry you're having to go back and forth on this. I can't promise anything but if you could private message me your contact information. I'd like to try working with my contacts at Verizon to see if they can help.

Thanks,

Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

22 Posts

12-28-2016

United States of America

42 Signins

220 Page Views

• Views: 220
  • Message 15 of 22

2021-06-05, 0:24 AM

So sorry that your going through this! There is a remote possiblity that something is wrong with the phone you have

but I'm guessing that the people at your Verizon store simply wanted to sell something & everyone else who assisted

you lacks te experience to be of help. Just so you know My wife has the

Motorola 5G Ace and we are on prepay and hers works flawlessly, and she loves hers. I think if you let Tom do some checking 

you probably could get yours working. I hope everything works out. Let us know.

Options

5 Posts

06-03-2021

United States of America

5 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 16 of 22

2021-06-05, 0:35 AM

Hi everyone,

I returned the phone to Best Buy and the supervisor gave a full refund and then set up a Motorola G Stylus, as per the advise of the Verizon tech yesterday. I can now text--send & receive. HOWEVER--I can't access my voicemail. The transfer erased my password so it is no longer accepted and for the life of me, I can not find a way to reset it. There is no simple way to find out how to re-enter my password so I can get my voicemails. IDEAS???

Why can't this stuff be more user friendly? Especially for something so simple?

UGH!

Options

22 Posts

12-28-2016

United States of America

42 Signins

220 Page Views

• Views: 220
  • Message 17 of 22

2021-06-05, 0:56 AM

Oh wowww!!! Your really having a time of it. Glad you got part of your problem solved. The Stylus was my 

wife's second choice too, but luckily we got her 5G Ace working. 

Options

5 Posts

06-03-2021

United States of America

5 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 18 of 22

2021-06-05, 3:39 AM

Yeah, really. I'm pretty over it. Thanks for the sympathy!

Options

5912 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3353 Signins

80426 Page Views

• Message 19 of 22

2021-06-07, 20:43 PM

@ SunnyOne2 wrote:

Yeah, really. I' pretty over it. Thanks for the sympathy!

Yikes, I'm sure this has been an exhausting experience. I'm sorry for that. As for the voicemail. I know you're not going to want to hear this, but voicemail passwords are 100% managed by the carrier. They should be able to reset the voicemail password from their end, I don't know about Verizon, but when I worked for US Cellular and Sprint, resetting the password would essentially delete the voicemail account and put it back to a default state so you would set it up again from scratch. Any saved voicemails would be lost. That being said Verizon may be different and things may have changed since I last worked for a carrier almost 10 years ago. 

Best of luck to you and let me know if you need my help shaking some things up with the carrier. I'll do whatever I can.

Thanks,

Tom

Options

2 Posts

06-17-2021

United States of America

1 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 20 of 22

2021-06-17, 19:05 PM

Ug, going through this now with VZW tech support...  "Well, this sometimes happens with non-verizon phones..."  Everything works except incoming texts... (4G SIM (I live in the sticks and will most likely never see a 5G signal))  Guess it is a 2 hour drive to the nearest corporate VZW store to try a 5G SIM.  Please tell me anyone has a better idea... Apparently Verizon doesn't really support these phones yet... at least according to tech support. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms