Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola one Phonesmotorola one 5G ACE
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

04-08-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 6

Wi-Fi Calling

2021-04-08, 4:37 AM

I currently have a Z3 Play and I am considering upgrading to a One 5G Ace. Most of my activities on this device are through my wi-fi.

My carrier, Ting, supports wi-fi calling through T-Mobile. 

Does anyone know if the One 5G Ace supports wi-fi calling?

Thanks in advance for your help!

JLB
Answer
Options

4792 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3273 Signins

73466 Page Views

• Views: 73466

Re:Wi-Fi Calling

2021-04-08, 19:20 PM

@ Oldsman1 wrote:

I currently have a Z3 Play and I am considering upgrading to a One 5G Ace. Most of my activities on this device are through my wi-fi.

Hello and thanks for posting your question. It's always good to get this information before committing to a purchase. To answer your question, according to our carrier compatibility listed in the specs: https://www.motorola.com/us/smartphones-motorola-one-5g-ace/p?skuId=537, the phone does not support WiFi calling on Ting. I did a quick scan through all our current models and it does not appear that any of them support WiFi calling on Ting. I know that's not what you wanted to hear, but I want to make sure you are fully informed. Let me know if you have any other questions.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Replies(5)
Answer
Options

4792 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3273 Signins

73466 Page Views

• Message 2 of 6

2021-04-08, 19:20 PM

@ Oldsman1 wrote:

Hello and thanks for posting your question. It's always good to get this information before committing to a purchase. To answer your question, according to our carrier compatibility listed in the specs: https://www.motorola.com/us/smartphones-motorola-one-5g-ace/p?skuId=537, the phone does not support WiFi calling on Ting. I did a quick scan through all our current models and it does not appear that any of them support WiFi calling on Ting. I know that's not what you wanted to hear, but I want to make sure you are fully informed. Let me know if you have any other questions.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

3 Posts

04-08-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2021-04-08, 22:58 PM

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your prompt response. Ting is just a sub-let of T-Mobile. I really just needed to know if the device is capable of wi-fi calling. I can handle the rest myself.

I will follow the link that you suggested and see what I can find there.

Again, thanks for your help! 

Be well!

Jim

JLB
Options

3 Posts

04-08-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2021-04-08, 23:07 PM

Hey Tom,

You are correct with that link. If the big dummy had read the "Carrier Compatibility" section, it would have saved some time.

Thanks again!

~ Jim

JLB
Options

4792 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3273 Signins

73466 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2021-04-09, 15:13 PM

@ Oldsman1 wrote:

Hey Tom,

You are correct with that link. If the big dummy had read the "Carrier Compatibility" section, it would have saved some time.

Thanks again!

~ Jim

Jim, you are most welcome. And don't put yourself down. The carrier compatibility section isn't in the most obvious place and many people completely miss it. 

I am going to check some stuff on my end to confirm that Ting in fact truly doesn't support WiFi Calling on the ACE and other models. As of right now, I can only go with what our site says, but just to be 100% I'm asking some people on my end.  I'll reply back once I have 100% confidence. 

-Tom

Options

156 Posts

02-24-2020

United States of America

336 Signins

2770 Page Views

• Views: 2770
  • Message 6 of 6

2021-04-11, 21:14 PM

@ Oldsman1 wrote:

I don't know about Ting, but One Ace works 100% with T-Mobile

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)