Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola one Phonesmotorola one 5G
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

09-13-2021

United States of America

5 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 6

Hearing aid compatibility

2021-09-13, 21:11 PM

I recently purchased Lucid hearing aids, which are able to stream audio from Apple phones and some Android phones.  Motorola phones are not on their compatibility list.  Is this a feature which will be added to Motorola phones anytime soon?

Answer
Options

6856 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3413 Signins

86106 Page Views

• Views: 86106

Re:Hearing aid compatibility

2021-09-14, 21:53 PM

@ Tim Q wrote:

I recently purchased Lucid hearing aids, which are able to stream audio from Apple phones and some Android phones.  Motorola phones are not on their compatibility list.  Is this a feature which will be added to Motorola phones anytime soon?

Hello and thanks for taking the time to post. I'll do my best to help answer your question. The feature you're talking about is called ASHA. At this time, you're correct that our phones do not support ASHA. I hate to say it, but if this is a required feature for you and you just purchased the phone, I'd recommend looking at a different model. It's possible the feature might be added in the future, but I can't guarantee it nor could I even give a timeframe if it were to be added. I know this isn't the answer you're looking for, but I wanted to be 100% honest with you. I hope you understand.

Thanks,

Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Replies(5)
Answer
Options

6856 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3413 Signins

86106 Page Views

• Message 2 of 6

2021-09-14, 21:53 PM

@ Tim Q wrote:

Hello and thanks for taking the time to post. I'll do my best to help answer your question. The feature you're talking about is called ASHA. At this time, you're correct that our phones do not support ASHA. I hate to say it, but if this is a required feature for you and you just purchased the phone, I'd recommend looking at a different model. It's possible the feature might be added in the future, but I can't guarantee it nor could I even give a timeframe if it were to be added. I know this isn't the answer you're looking for, but I wanted to be 100% honest with you. I hope you understand.

Thanks,

Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

3 Posts

09-13-2021

United States of America

5 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2021-09-15, 17:55 PM

Thanks for the reply...it's interesting that there is no visibility to what features are being considered or developed?  This is the case?

Thanks,

Tim Q

Options

6856 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3413 Signins

86106 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2021-09-15, 20:34 PM

@ Tim Q wrote:

Thanks for the reply...it's interesting that there is no visibility to what features are being considered or developed?  This is the case?

Thanks,

Tim Q

Tim Q, I completely understand. It all comes down to the Bluetooth chipset manufacturer supporting the feature. There are plans to get support for hearing aids, but I don't have visibility into which models/chipsets will get support. I just don't want you waiting around for a "possible" update that might not happen or if it does not for another year from now. I'm not saying it would take that long or that this model will even get support. I'm just giving a hypothetical example. I hope that makes sense. This is why I said if it's a required feature, that I'd recommend getting another model. It's not that I don't want you to use our phones. Quite the contrary. However, I respect your time and requirements for the phone and I don't want to overpromise anything. 

Thanks,

Tom

Options

3 Posts

09-13-2021

United States of America

5 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2021-09-16, 20:46 PM
Thanks, Tom... appreciate your candid response. TQ
Options

6856 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3413 Signins

86106 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2021-09-16, 22:39 PM

@ Tim Q wrote:

Thanks, Tom... appreciate your candid response.TQ

You are very welcome. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to discuss this with you. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. I'll do my best to help answer them ASAP. Also, if you see a pop-up for a survey (and you choose to take it), the feedback/ratings you provide are based on your experience here on the Motorola Community and with myself and/or our Moto Agents.

Thanks,

Tom

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms