Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola one Phonesmotorola one 5G
All Forum Topics
Options

34 Posts

02-18-2021

United States of America

29 Signins

105 Page Views

• Views: 105
  • Message 1 of 58

Networks

2021-02-18, 22:02 PM

My moto one will not roam stays on the home network.

Options

4903 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3279 Signins

74171 Page Views

• Views: 74171
  • Message 2 of 58

Re:Networks

2021-02-19, 1:01 AM

@ Hailey_faith wrote:

My moto one will not roam stays on the home network.

Hello, and thanks for posting. I'm curious what carrier are you using? Also, have you checked to ensure roaming is enabled on your device (Settings > Network & internet > Mobile network > Roaming should be toggled on)?

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

34 Posts

02-18-2021

United States of America

29 Signins

105 Page Views

• Message 3 of 58

2021-02-19, 1:03 AM

Verizon ....yes automatic select network is enabled.

Options

4903 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3279 Signins

74171 Page Views

• Message 4 of 58

2021-02-19, 2:17 AM

@ Hailey_faith wrote:

Verizon ....yes automatic select network is enabled.

Ok, what about the roaming setting (see the screenshot from my motorola one 5G on Verizon)? Also, are you in an area where you would expect to be roaming?

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

34 Posts

02-18-2021

United States of America

29 Signins

105 Page Views

• Message 5 of 58

2021-02-19, 2:54 AM

Yes it's enabled just like yours....and yes it's an area that excepts roaming the first day I got this phone was going to work in that area had full service roaming then on my way home at the end of the day no service.,..been this way ever since I got the phone....with my old galaxy j7 phone I never went without service in that area with that cheaper phone.since I  upgraded to this one I might get lucky every now and then and get roaming. I can pull off beside the road reboot the phone daily then I can get full service roaming or turn the phone on airplane mode then back off then I will get full service with roaming.its really frustrating having to pull off beside the road every morning just to get roaming service.I complained to Verizon about this problem went through every step they even went as far as sending me out another phone but it basically does the same thing as my other phone.

Options

4903 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3279 Signins

74171 Page Views

• Message 6 of 58

2021-02-19, 17:02 PM

@ Hailey_faith wrote:

Yes it' enabled just like yours....and yes it' an area that excepts roaming the first day I got this phone was going to work in that area had full service roaming then on my way home at the end of the day no service.,..been this way ever since I got the phone....with my old galaxy j7 phone I never went without service in that area with that cheaper phone.since I  upgraded to this one I might get lucky every now and then and get roaming. I can pull off beside the road reboot the phone daily then I can get full service roaming or turn the phone on airplane mode then back off then I will get full service with roaming.its really frustrating having to pull off beside the road every morning just to get roaming service.I complained to Verizon about this problem went through every step they even went as far as sending me out another phone but it basically does the same thing as my other phone.

Thanks for this additional information. So to summarize, the phone losses service as it's in a roaming area and you have to reboot the phone to get it to start roaming correctly. Is that correct? If so, can you please fill out this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScOtoAAAmlT-5j-gSbR_mP98mtb4tL-3rUVsAXFtYqsbSqK0A/viewform

Choose low/no signal and for the location, please provide detailed information. Also, I'd like to get a bug report when you encounter the phone not roaming and loss of service. Steps below

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power-down menu.
6. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
7. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the bug report on the forums in a reply.
8. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

-Tom

Options

34 Posts

02-18-2021

United States of America

29 Signins

105 Page Views

• Message 7 of 58

2021-02-19, 22:04 PM

Okay tom I experience the same issues in the same area on my way to work this morning I got your reply today so on my way back home I experience the same  issues so I pulled off the road and was going to open your reply so I could do those steps but where I had no service I couldn't open this reply....so I sat there maybe 10 min still no service. So I turned on airplane mode turned it back off and within 30 seconds I had full service roaming but figured by then it was to late.i will write these steps down and Monday on my way home from work when it happens again and it will I will do those steps but it will be next week before I get back to you.

Options

34 Posts

02-18-2021

United States of America

29 Signins

105 Page Views

• Message 8 of 58

2021-02-19, 22:18 PM

Don't know if this helps but this is what shows up in the verizon app health check.

Options

4903 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3279 Signins

74171 Page Views

• Message 9 of 58

2021-02-21, 1:46 AM

@ Hailey_faith wrote:

Okay tom I experience the same issues in the same area on my way to work this morning I got your reply today so on my way back home I experience the same  issues so I pulled off the road and was going to open your reply so I could do those steps but where I had no service I couldn' open this reply....so I sat there maybe 10 min still no service. So I turned on airplane mode turned it back off and within 30 seconds I had full service roaming but figured by then it was to late.i will write these steps down and Monday on my way home from work when it happens again and it will I will do those steps but it will be next week before I get back to you.

Sorry about that, I know it was a lot of stuff. You can fill out the form at any time, and you can get your phone ready to take the bug report by doing the first 4 steps ahead of time. That way when you encounter the issue you can start generating the bug report (Step 5). 

-Tom

Options

4903 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3279 Signins

74171 Page Views

• Message 10 of 58

2021-02-21, 1:46 AM

@ Hailey_faith wrote:

Don' know if this helps but this is what shows up in the verizon app health check.

I think you meant to attach something to this post, but it didn't come through.

-Tom

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms