Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola one Phonesmotorola one 5G
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

11-24-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 3

to charge faster use the original charger - noise

2021-11-24, 8:16 AM

If I plugin to a 1A charger, about once a minute, my phone tells me "to charge faster use the original charger."  When it does this, it makes a "ding" sound.  How do you silence this nonsense.  It just keeps going "ding" ALL NIGHT LONG.  I use my phone as an alarm clock (have an alarm clock app), so I can't just put it somewhere where I can't hear it.  I am sometimes on-call and might get called at night too.

I know I would charge faster if I used a 2A charger.  That's not always an option for me, particularly when I travel.

I do have my phone configured to make a noise when I am charging - i.e. when I plug the it into the charger.  This is necessary because you need to know that it is plugged in properly.  I really do miss wireless charging like my old Samsung Galaxy 7 had. 

I miss a lot of things about my Galaxy 7.  If Samsung hadn't lost their brains and stopped including 3.5mm jacks on their phones, I'd still be using Samsung.   When I am on-call, I need, need, need to be able to use a headset.  When I get an important call is not the time to find out that my bluetooth headset isn't recharged (forgot to plug it in, didn't get it plugged in right, etc.).  I need my phone to work with a headset that doesn't require recharging.  Now that I've found this forum, I'll probably be asking about the other short comings of this phone too.

Anyway, there has to be a way to silence this annoying message.  I don't mind if it shows the message on the screen, it's the sound I need to silence.

Options

4306 Posts

03-04-2016

India

1285 Signins

65730 Page Views

• Views: 65730
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:to charge faster use the original charger - noise

2021-11-25, 5:44 AM

@ garry_garrett wrote:

If I plugin to a 1A charger, about once a minute, my phone tells me "to charge faster use the original charger."  When it does this, it makes a "ding" sound.  How do you silence this nonsense.  It just keeps going "ding" ALL NIGHT LONG.  I use my phone as an alarm clock (have an alarm clock app), so I can't just put it somewhere where I can't hear it.  I am sometimes on-call and might get called at night too.

I know I would charge faster if I used a 2A charger.  That's not always an option for me, particularly when I travel.

I do have my phone configured to make a noise when I am charging - i.e. when I plug the it into the charger.  This is necessary because you need to know that it is plugged in properly.  I really do miss wireless charging like my old Samsung Galaxy 7 had. 

I miss a lot of things about my Galaxy 7.  If Samsung hadn't lost their brains and stopped including 3.5mm jacks on their phones, I'd still be using Samsung.   When I am on-call, I need, need, need to be able to use a headset.  When I get an important call is not the time to find out that my bluetooth headset isn't recharged (forgot to plug it in, didn't get it plugged in right, etc.).  I need my phone to work with a headset that doesn't require recharging.  Now that I've found this forum, I'll probably be asking about the other short comings of this phone too.

Anyway, there has to be a way to silence this annoying message.  I don't mind if it shows the message on the screen, it's the sound I need to silence.

Hi garry_garrett ,

Welcome to Motorola forums and thank you for taking the time to post. I will try my best to help you with this. If you don’t want your phone to make a sound when it comes in contact with a charger: Go to Settings > Sound > Advanced. Turn off Charging sounds and vibration. Please check and let us know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Sandip

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

2 Posts

11-24-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:to charge faster use the original charger - noise

2021-11-28, 18:29 PM

So, obviously, you didn't read my question.  I specifically stated that the solution you suggested would not work, and why it would not work for me. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms