Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola one Phonesmotorola one action
All Forum Topics
Options

Bluetooth issues Android 10

2020-04-15, 2:45 AM
I'm trying to connect Bluetooth to another phone, Keep in mind my old phone works perfectly on Bluetooth cause it's a cheap LG phone but my Motorola one action won't find any Bluetooth devices and when It does, I try connecting to one and it never connects to my LG phone, only for like a split second then disconnects and my LG phone it says when I try clicking my Motorola it says "Bluetooth tethering cannot connect if connected to WiFi", it isn't on, on the LG phone or the Motorola, I'm thinking when you guys issued the update to Android 10 you guys messed something up because before that my Moto one action was connecting to Bluetooth just fine now I cannot find any devices in "available devices" when I click on "add new device" my laptop cannot find my phone either I'm starting to worry my phone has a hardware issue but I doubt it since I got it last December, I also have the US retail variant. Thank you. Lenovo needs to release a bugfix update to address these issues in Android 10.
Screenshot_20200414-221232.png
Options

302 Posts

10-13-2019

Romania

583 Signins

5706 Page Views

• Views: 5706
  • Message 2 of 8

Re:Bluetooth issues Android 10

2020-04-15, 8:07 AM

I think we need to take these issues one by one, since they seem to be different. :)

1. Error: "Bluetooth tethering cannot connect if connected to WiFi"
    Yeah, I think you can't use BT tethering (in case that's what you're trying to do) while WiFi is on. Though I think this might be manufacturer/hardware dependent. Anyway, try to disable one of them. Either BT tethering (especially if you don't need it) or WiFi, and try again.

2. Connectivity issues.
    Since your other phone seems to be detected (even for a split second) then I don't think it's a hardware issue either.

What I would recommend is try to disconnect/unpair all BT devices and connect them one by one. See if that helps. Also, see if your phone sees your laptop.

Also, if I'm not mistaken there's a limit to BT simultaneous connections. I think BT 5.0 can use maximum 2 devices at the same time. But I'm not sure if the other devices need to be BT 5.0, as well.

I'm just a human being human.
Options

367 Posts

10-12-2012

United States of America

902 Signins

22078 Page Views

• Views: 22078
  • Message 3 of 8

2020-04-15, 21:00 PM
Does the user understand that you cannot link two phones to each other using Bluetooth?
Options

20124 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2589 Signins

65243 Page Views

• Views: 65243
  • Message 4 of 8

2020-04-16, 13:55 PM

@ KarlBeckman wrote:

Does the user understand that you cannot link two phones to each other using Bluetooth?

This is mostly correct. It can, at times, be done through an intermediary device, like a laptop. And most phones can pair via Bluetooth for file transfer. Depends on what the original poster is trying to do.

Please let us know what you are attempting. Thanks!

-Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

2020-04-23, 3:24 AM

I am trying to connect to my PC but when it connects, it's not really "connected" but my PC shows connected, it's not my PC because it works perfectly. It's a problem with the March security update for Android 10, I don't know if it's with the security update or Android 10 because when I look on "connected devices" and click it, it says it's not connected and when I press connect nothing happens, says connecting for 1 second then goes away. Same with trying to connect other devices. They will not pair with my phone. When I go to "pair new device and click one it says connecting then goes away 1 second later.

• Edited for site rule violation - profanity. (https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Moto-Owners-Forum-Site-Rules/td-p/3269704) Please follow all rules if you want to participate. Thanks. - Matt (Forums Manager)
Options

302 Posts

10-13-2019

Romania

583 Signins

5706 Page Views

• Message 6 of 8

2020-04-23, 10:05 AM

Have you tried to send anything from one device to the other? Does it work? I'm still not sure what's the purpose of connecting the phone to your laptop. Is it data transfer? Do you wanna use the phone as a modem? It might not say "connected" all the time if there's no actual data being exchanged at that time.

For example, I just connected an older phone to the One Action for BT tethering, where the One Action is providing internet via BT to the other phone, and it stays connected. But before checking the box for BT tethering, it wouldn't stay connected, just as you described. And I think that's intended.

So I think first you need to establish the purpose of the connection, then make the connection.

Options

2020-04-23, 21:19 PM
Data transfer
Options

302 Posts

10-13-2019

Romania

583 Signins

5706 Page Views

• Message 8 of 8

2020-04-24, 6:15 AM

Ok, then try to transfer some data from one to the other and see if it works. :) It works perfectly fine for me (transferring from one phone to another). It should work just as well in your case.

And yes, it shows "connected" only while it's transferring. Which, to me, makes perfect sense. I don't want BT to consume more energy than it needs to by staying on all the time, especially if it doesn't actually exchange any data at that time.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms