Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola one Phonesmotorola one action
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

04-29-2020

United States of America

5 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 1 of 12

Bluetooth won't turn on since Android 10

2020-04-29, 3:51 AM
After updating my one action to Android 10, my Bluetooth functionality is completely broken. When I switch it on, I get a "Bluetooth keeps stopping" error message with a prompt to close the app. Is anyone else having this issue? I've searched and searched and found many different people on many different phones suffering with it for the past few months with seemingly no permanent fix. I've tried everything I can find on other forums like clearing the cache and storage of the Bluetooth app and Google play and play services apps, resetting network settings, resetting the phone, reseating the sim card, all anyone can really say is we hope the next security update will fix it. My phone is still on the March security patch. This is very frustrating as who knows when we'll get the April patch, and my Bluetooth won't even turn on! Just curious if any other Motorola One Action users are dealing with this.
Options

309 Posts

10-13-2019

Romania

606 Signins

5876 Page Views

• Views: 5876
  • Message 2 of 12

Re:Bluetooth won't turn on since Android 10

2020-04-29, 5:49 AM

Uhm... Nope. Not really. Works fine here... But I think we also have different variants of the One Action. 

What's your build number? If it still occurs after a Factory Reset (without restoring data, just for testing) that sounds like a bug.

Try to get in touch with your local support team. They might need a bug report from developer options -> Bug report. But first, see what they say about it. Maybe they already know about it, so no need for another log, and hopefully the devs are working on a fix. At least you can have a status if that's the case. 

In my opinion, the sooner you get in touch with them, the better. :)

I'm just a human being human.
Options

20125 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2600 Signins

65343 Page Views

• Views: 65343
  • Message 3 of 12

2020-04-29, 14:59 PM

@ Blizzfool wrote:

After updating my one action to Android 10, my Bluetooth functionality is completely broken. When I switch it on, I get a "Bluetooth keeps stopping" error message with a prompt to close the app. Is anyone else having this issue? I've searched and searched and found many different people on many different phones suffering with it for the past few months with seemingly no permanent fix. I've tried everything I can find on other forums like clearing the cache and storage of the Bluetooth app and Google play and play services apps, resetting network settings, resetting the phone, reseating the sim card, all anyone can really say is we hope the next security update will fix it. My phone is still on the March security patch. This is very frustrating as who knows when we'll get the April patch, and my Bluetooth won't even turn on! Just curious if any other Motorola One Action users are dealing with this.

Hi.

Can you test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up.

I think it's possible you have an app that is not ready for 10 that could be interfering.

-Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

2 Posts

04-29-2020

United States of America

5 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 4 of 12

2020-04-29, 17:27 PM
Bluetooth still won't turn on while in safe mode. I press the icon to turn it on, and I get this "Bluetooth Keeps Stopping" error.
Screenshot_20200429-132712.png
Options

357 Posts

04-18-2014

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

357 Signins

4834 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 4834
  • Message 5 of 12

2020-05-02, 23:44 PM

Has this been a problem every since you upgraded to Android 10? Also, what does it say in app info, just to be sure it's nothing something else and actually the Android Bluetooth stack that is stopping?

One other thing to try which sounds crazy but bear with me. Switch the phone to airplane mode and then try Bluetooth. There are cases on some phones (not necessarily yours) when wifi can interfere with Bluetooth which is might be causing the issue.

Have you tried a factory reset? Although it's a bit of a pain, a clean factory reset is always advisable after updating Android to a newer version.

--
I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal experience and willingness to help others as a volunteer.

If my reply helps you in any way, please click the like icon on the right.
If your question is answered, you can also click on Accept as Solution.
Options

4 Posts

08-24-2021

6 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 6 of 12

2021-08-24, 9:15 AM

I have this same problem since a couple of weeks following an update.

The possible reason given by another poster that the BT app is outdated for v.10 may be the issue but needs to be corrected fast.

BT is essential for Car Phone and Nav Apps.

Not happy with Moto at this time!

Options

5289 Posts

10-05-2016

United States of America

654 Signins

55102 Page Views

• Views: 55102
  • Message 7 of 12

2021-08-24, 15:30 PM

@ Londinium wrote:

I have this same problem since a couple of weeks following an update.

The possible reason given by another poster that the BT app is outdated for v.10 may be the issue but needs to be corrected fast.

BT is essential for Car Phone and Nav Apps.

Not happy with Moto at this time!

Hi @ Londinium ,

Sorry to hear you're having the same issue with Bluetooth not working. We'll try our best to help you. For us to know more about your concern, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you tried to reset the network settings?
  • Can you tell us exactly what you have experienced with Bluetooth?
  • Have you tried to connect it to other Bluetooth devices?
  • Have you tried doing a factory reset after an update? 

Let us know.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Please do not send me a personal message regarding your concerns or questions if this can be posted to this community. We prioritize the ones posting on threads.
Options

4 Posts

08-24-2021

6 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 8 of 12

2021-08-25, 9:06 AM

I should have added this info in my previous. Anyway, all resets done except a full reset.

Activating BT no longer shows the BT Symbol at top of screen. It always did before.

Trying to connect to any other device, while in the BT screen, shows that it is connecting and disconnecting repeatedly fast.

Tested on other phones, laptop and car.

Shortly after, the error message appears (as above).

As for doing a full reset, not unless it is absolutely unavoidable.

Regards

Options

5289 Posts

10-05-2016

United States of America

654 Signins

55102 Page Views

• Views: 55102
  • Message 9 of 12

2021-08-25, 21:02 PM

@ Londinium wrote:

I should have added this info in my previous. Anyway, all resets done except a full reset.

Activating BT no longer shows the BT Symbol at top of screen. It always did before.

Trying to connect to any other device, while in the BT screen, shows that it is connecting and disconnecting repeatedly fast.

Tested on other phones, laptop and car.

Shortly after, the error message appears (as above).

As for doing a full reset, not unless it is absolutely unavoidable.

Regards

Hi @ Londinium ,

Thanks for letting us know that you already tried some suggestions. Since this happened after an update, we suggest doing a reset with the automatic restore disabled. I know this can be a pain, but worth a try. It will help us know if this is a bug due to an update or something that the higher team should look further. 

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Please do not send me a personal message regarding your concerns or questions if this can be posted to this community. We prioritize the ones posting on threads.
Options

4 Posts

08-24-2021

6 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 10 of 12

2021-08-27, 5:28 AM

Hi Jess,
I understand but it may take me some time to organise.
I will advise, soon as.
Regards

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms