Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobJN
Paper Tape
Views: 623
Message 1 of 7

Buying from abroad (dual sim)

The Motorola One Action phone sold in the UK is single SIM only Smiley Sad. I've got an opportunity whilst travelling to pick up a dual sim version from Germany (PAFY0003DE) or Bulgaria (PAFY0005PL). They seem identical to me in all regards other than the fact that the German and Bulgaria phones have dual sim. Is there any good reason why I shouldn't pick up one of these whilst abroad? Thank you.

RobJN
Paper Tape
Views: 622
Message 2 of 7

Re: Buying from abroad (dual sim)

P.S. I read elsewhere that it might be a problem if needing repairs under warranty. Useful to get that confirmed given that all part of the EU (for now at least). However warranty is not a major concern. I'm more interested in the other things such as Android One OS updates and language settings.
tarso
SCSI Port
Views: 461
Message 3 of 7

Updates and Languages shouldn't be a problem at all as long as you don't tamper with it the default system installed.

I think you need to check 3 things in order to make sure it will work on your region:
-which of the 3 versions below (-1 -2 or -3) you will get abroad;
-which 3G frequencies and LTE bands it will be supporting;
-which bands you providers work on so you can see if the version you pick have them.

XT2013-1 supports LTE Cat6 (Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 28, 66)

XT2013-2 supports LTE Cat6 (Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 25, 26, 66)
TD-LTE (Bands 38, 41)

XT2013-3 supports LTE Cat6 (Bands 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20)
TD-LTE (Bands 38, 40, 41)

source for this info https://www.maiscelular.com.br/comparar/celulares/motorola-one-action-xt2013-3-vs-motorola-one-actio...

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 445
Message 4 of 7

@RobJN wrote:

The Motorola One Action phone sold in the UK is single SIM only Smiley Sad. I've got an opportunity whilst travelling to pick up a dual sim version from Germany (PAFY0003DE) or Bulgaria (PAFY0005PL). They seem identical to me in all regards other than the fact that the German and Bulgaria phones have dual sim. Is there any good reason why I shouldn't pick up one of these whilst abroad? Thank you.

Hi Rob. 

The warranty of our products is regional, meaning that as long as your device is European, it can be repaired anywhere within Europe. I hope this information is useful to you!

Thanks, 

Sara

bigreddog
Paper Tape
Views: 299
Message 5 of 7

I bought this phone after reading this article and another article from phonemore's website.  I live in the United States.  I use T-Mobile which uses LTE Bands 2, 4, 5, 12.  After reading your article I purchased the Motorola One Action and it just arrived.  I know that some phones meant for other Countries will not display an LTE logo, but when I go into the app called LTE Discovery, it does not show any LTE bands available.

I bought the XT2013-2.  From my research it appeared XT2013-1 or XT2013-2 would work but XT2013-3 would not.  While on WiFi, I see the 3G logo but it is grayed out since I'm on WiFi.  When I turn off WiFi, then it goes from a grayed out 3G to H.  According to LTE Discovery, I am using HSPA+ but it cannot find any LTE Bands.  Could this be a carrier setting or issue or is it an incompatible phone?  

Thanks in advance!

bigreddog
Paper Tape
Views: 291
Message 6 of 7

EDIT!!! Sorry everyone, it appears Mint Mobile (T-Mobile) has a dead spot in my area. I went out tonight just a mile from my home and it picked up LTE for a couple seconds and then bounced around to H and 3G and G and everything else. I ported my service back over to H2O Wireless (AT&T) and the phone is displaying LTE and working now. My former phone LG-G7 must've had a slightly stronger antenna because I could make calls on it with a weak signal but got no signal on the Motorola.
tarso
SCSI Port
Views: 276
Message 7 of 7

Nice you got it solved!

Dunno if it is a regional thing but my 2013-1 here in Brazil doesn't display LTE signs, only 4G and 4G+ which will be LTE-A

But that's ok, LTE isn't marketed as LTE here, but instead branded only 4G

And We're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Top Kudoed Authors