Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dansky
Blue Screen Again
Views: 193
Message 1 of 2

Camera shortcut bug and other software issues

I have the Moto one action for a few days and besides the disappointing battery life that mst noted maybe someone can post workarounds for the issues I encountered:

1. When long pressing the camera icon, a shortcut to the video camera is created as I want the video mostly. Starting the video camera with the shortcut and switch to the action cam all works as expected the 1st time. When closing the camera app and using the video shortcut icon again for direct video-cam access, it shows the standard (non-action) camera as active while still displaying the action cam icon (which is wrong). Only pressing the icon two times gets it back to the expected action cam: [tap the switch icon] = normal video mode stays as only icon changes > [2nd tap] action cam is finally activated (icon and camera changes).

2. I bought the phone primarily to use the action cam. One should be able to set the prefered startup mode of the camera app. It's always "Photo" when using "Double Power Tap" or the Moto gesture (Doubel Twist) - no way to assign video startup - prefferably in different modes

3. the bitrate of 12-14 Mbit for 60fps FullHD video is way too low as many reviewers noted - especially in noisy low light. Please double or triple the bitrate as an option which most current SD cards can handle. The current bitrate borders unusable at 60fps

4. When using the Volume down button a high pitched click is always recorded. This has to be edited out of every single click. An update should filter this out, please as well as the massive noise that the microphone picks up in near silent environment due to autolevel boosting the audio

5. Watching 60fps video on YouTube or even recorded with the phone shows 3+ framedrops per second. There is no network problem as this happens even with locally stored files recorded by the phone. Must be a driver bug

I hope an update comes soon fixing the battery and the issues where no workaround exists.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator
Views: 76
Message 2 of 2

Re: Camera shortcut bug and other software issues

@dansky wrote:

I have the Moto one action for a few days and besides the disappointing battery life that mst noted maybe someone can post workarounds for the issues I encountered:

1. When long pressing the camera icon, a shortcut to the video camera is created as I want the video mostly. Starting the video camera with the shortcut and switch to the action cam all works as expected the 1st time. When closing the camera app and using the video shortcut icon again for direct video-cam access, it shows the standard (non-action) camera as active while still displaying the action cam icon (which is wrong). Only pressing the icon two times gets it back to the expected action cam: [tap the switch icon] = normal video mode stays as only icon changes > [2nd tap] action cam is finally activated (icon and camera changes).

2. I bought the phone primarily to use the action cam. One should be able to set the prefered startup mode of the camera app. It's always "Photo" when using "Double Power Tap" or the Moto gesture (Doubel Twist) - no way to assign video startup - prefferably in different modes

3. the bitrate of 12-14 Mbit for 60fps FullHD video is way too low as many reviewers noted - especially in noisy low light. Please double or triple the bitrate as an option which most current SD cards can handle. The current bitrate borders unusable at 60fps

4. When using the Volume down button a high pitched click is always recorded. This has to be edited out of every single click. An update should filter this out, please as well as the massive noise that the microphone picks up in near silent environment due to autolevel boosting the audio

5. Watching 60fps video on YouTube or even recorded with the phone shows 3+ framedrops per second. There is no network problem as this happens even with locally stored files recorded by the phone. Must be a driver bug

I hope an update comes soon fixing the battery and the issues where no workaround exists.

Thanks!

Hi!

Sorry for the delay in responding. Was looking for some info from the camera team, and then ran into the Thanksgiving holiday. Anyway, some feedback from the team:

1. While I have not been able to reproduce this, the team is aware that this can happen and a fix is in the works. It will come via a Playstore update, probably in January. Sorry for the delay.
  2. Agree. We have opened a request to fix this, but I have to honestly say that I don't know if it will be prioritized. Can't hurt to try though.
  3. We are a bit low; trying to find more information about why.
  4. Since this is notable only at the end, it looks like this will not be addressed via a fix.
  5. The engineer is going to take a look at this as it will require some investigation.

Thanks for the feedback. We can't always deliver exactly what's requested, but it does help for the future in any event.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Top Kudoed Authors