Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola one Phonesmotorola one action
All Forum Topics
Options

8 Posts

08-06-2020

Chile

6 Signins

60 Page Views

• Views: 60
  • Message 1 of 4

Files app not launching (instant crash)

2021-03-03, 23:03 PM

I cannot launch the files app since last update. Data reset, cache wiped, stock permissions, the app just wont launch.

A1 variant.

Options

19826 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2500 Signins

62923 Page Views

• Views: 62923
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Files app not launching (instant crash)

2021-03-04, 14:51 PM

@ TheFuchsen wrote:

I cannot launch the files app since last update. Data reset, cache wiped, stock permissions, the app just wont launch.

A1 variant.

Hi.

That's unusual, sorry. 

Are you talking specifically about Google Files? A blue "file" icon, with a folded-down corner in green, yellow, and red? (Just want to make sure this isn't the old solid blue File app. We've seen some odd behavior with that from time to time.)

Do you see any error message at all, or does the icon simply not respond? If you go into Settings > Apps > Files by Google > Open, does anything happen?

We can check from our end too: Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate.

Regards,

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

8 Posts

08-06-2020

Chile

6 Signins

60 Page Views

• Views: 60
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-03-04, 16:50 PM
Hi, no, it is the stock motorola Files app, white folder, blue circle around it. Under settings/ apps, I have two files app, both with the same icon as described. I'll add my device info aswell in my profile
Options

19826 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2500 Signins

62923 Page Views

• Views: 62923
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-03-05, 15:59 PM

@ TheFuchsen wrote:

Hi, no, it is the stock motorola Files app, white folder, blue circle around it.Under settings/ apps, I have two files app, both with the same icon as described. I' add my device info aswell in my profile

Hi.

Ah, okay. We've been seeing a few random reports of this on different models. We're still working on the root cause, but while It's annoying, it's easy to fix. 

Go back into Settings > Apps. Open those two blue File apps -- one of them will have an "Uninstall" button. Uninstall that and you should only see the Files by Google icon in the app drawer going forward. That should be your regular file manager.

(The blue Files app is a system file manager; not something you will use directly going forward.)

Hope this helps! Let me know.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)