Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Atpen
Blue Screen Again
Views: 324
Message 1 of 5

Fingerscan completely disappeared from phone

Hello,

Yesterday, i updated my phone (Motorola one action) to be up to date with the security updates for Android 9 of 1 October  2019. After the update my screen started acting strange, as it didn't respond on more than half of the taps and swipes i did. After i tried to awnser a call, wich i couldn't because the screen didn't respond to my finger..., the phone just shut down, and restarted multiple times.

After an estimated 10 minutes it got out of the restarting loop, and the touchscreen worked fine again, but my fingerscan didn't respond anymore, and the fingerscan setting was no where to be found.

I have already restarted my phone, updated all the apps on my phone, tried to see if it worked in save mode, did a full restart to factorymode, tried save mode again, but still, my fingerscan doesn't react and the setting for it are just completely gone.

Personaly, i am completely convinced that it is the software-update that caused the problem, as my phone was completely fine before it.

Therefore;

Does anyone here know if it's a new bug or if there is a way to fix it?

And beside that, would it be smart to send my phone back to let it be repaired or should i just wait till the next update?

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

(Veilige modus is are the dutch words for safe mode)

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 272
Message 2 of 5

Re: Fingerscan completely disappeared from phone

@Atpen wrote:

Hello,

Yesterday, i updated my phone (Motorola one action) to be up to date with the security updates for Android 9 of 1 October  2019. After the update my screen started acting strange, as it didn't respond on more than half of the taps and swipes i did. After i tried to awnser a call, wich i couldn't because the screen didn't respond to my finger..., the phone just shut down, and restarted multiple times.

After an estimated 10 minutes it got out of the restarting loop, and the touchscreen worked fine again, but my fingerscan didn't respond anymore, and the fingerscan setting was no where to be found.

I have already restarted my phone, updated all the apps on my phone, tried to see if it worked in save mode, did a full restart to factorymode, tried save mode again, but still, my fingerscan doesn't react and the setting for it are just completely gone.

Personaly, i am completely convinced that it is the software-update that caused the problem, as my phone was completely fine before it.

Therefore;

Does anyone here know if it's a new bug or if there is a way to fix it?

And beside that, would it be smart to send my phone back to let it be repaired or should i just wait till the next update?

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

(Veilige modus is are the dutch words for safe mode)

Hi.

This is unusual to say the least. I'm going to assume touching the FPS doesn't result in any haptic feedback, right?

We may end up needing repair on this, but first, please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Thanks,

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Atpen
Blue Screen Again
Views: 263
Message 3 of 5

Hello,

I've updated my profile, but didn't quite get what you meant with motorola privacy turned on.

Besides that, i think it's fine if you want to look trough my apps and such, but you'll probably need to explain me first how you would want to do that and how i can help.

Excuse me if i'm just missing something realy simple, but i'm from the Netherlands and because i didn't grow up with the english language my english isn't the best.

Thank you for responding,

Eustacio

binary007
Paper Tape
Views: 241
Message 4 of 5

Make sure to make a complete backup of your device before you proceed further.

Download the MotoSmart Assistant on your PC. Power off your device. Press and hold Power and Volume Down button together for a couple of seconds until you reach the Fastboot/Bootloader screen. Connect your device to PC via USB cable (the one that came out of the box). Head over to the Flash option. Choose your device from the drop-down menu and click on the download button to download the latest official firmware. Finally tap on the Rescue option. Wait for a few seconds until the process gets over and restart your device. The problem should now be rectified.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 211
Message 5 of 5

@Atpen wrote:

Hello,

I've updated my profile, but didn't quite get what you meant with motorola privacy turned on.

Besides that, i think it's fine if you want to look trough my apps and such, but you'll probably need to explain me first how you would want to do that and how i can help.

Excuse me if i'm just missing something realy simple, but i'm from the Netherlands and because i didn't grow up with the english language my english isn't the best.

Thank you for responding,

Eustacio

Thanks -- got what I needed.

You may end up reflashing the phone, as suggested by binary007. However, I see some issues that pre-date this latest update. 

So I would suggest running the phone in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue first. Because Google Play Services seems to be a problem, I am concerned that an application on the phone is causing it to crash. Safe Mode will run the phone without any 3rd party apps. Try it that way and see if things change.

To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up.

Let me know if this helps. If not, reflashing the phone would be a logical step.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!

And We're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Top Kudoed Authors