Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NSXT
Paper Tape
Views: 495
Message 1 of 4

Moto One Action BootLoop after enabling Developer Options

As the subject stated.

Originally wanted to enabled Developer Options to see if any bootloader/recovery menu options underneath that section but didnt find any.

Restarted the phone to manually go into recovery menu to use "clear internal cache" but unfortunately that option is no longer in there and confirmed with online chat support.

Unfortunately, when selecting restart to system/turn off or restart the phone, it goes into bootloop.

I have searched this forum and have seen other phone gone into boot loop in the past but nobody reported for One Action.

Instead of stuck with a new phone, decided to wipe/factory reset (wasted 3+ hours to rebuild my new phone) to recover.

Is there a future patch to fix this?

Please advise.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 485
Message 2 of 4

Re: Moto One Action BootLoop after enabling Developer Options

@NSXT wrote:

As the subject stated.

Originally wanted to enabled Developer Options to see if any bootloader/recovery menu options underneath that section but didnt find any.

Restarted the phone to manually go into recovery menu to use "clear internal cache" but unfortunately that option is no longer in there and confirmed with online chat support.

Unfortunately, when selecting restart to system/turn off or restart the phone, it goes into bootloop.

I have searched this forum and have seen other phone gone into boot loop in the past but nobody reported for One Action.

Instead of stuck with a new phone, decided to wipe/factory reset (wasted 3+ hours to rebuild my new phone) to recover.

Is there a future patch to fix this?

Please advise.

Hi. Ugh.

We did have this on motorola one vision. I think the issue required:

1. Phone needs to have some kinds of security lock: PIN or both PIN and fingerprints.
  2. Phone Developer mode, Default USB connection mode needs to change to file tranfers.

That has been fixed on the vision, so let me talk to the team to make sure it's cared for here too. 

Thanks very much for reporting.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Highlighted
Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 474
Message 3 of 4

When you got the Boot-loop did you try a,"Soft Reboot" which emulates taking the Battery out.You hold the power button in for around 10 seconds plus until the phone rebooyts.It can clear clogged Ram.It's a useful trick to know anyway Smiley Happy

HTH Smiley Happy

NSXT
Paper Tape
Views: 438
Message 4 of 4

I think I did try that or maybe I was not patience enough to wait any longer and decided to go ahead with the wipe as I really need the phone for many 2FA accounts.

For now my current version is PSB29.105-20 and no more OTA update is coming yet so maybe I will try developer options later on again if it is really fixed Smiley Frustrated

And We're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Top Kudoed Authors