Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola one Phonesmotorola one action
All Forum Topics
Options

13 Posts

08-26-2020

Romania

13 Signins

120 Page Views

• Views: 120
  • Message 51 of 76

Re:Motorola One Action WIFI Problem

2020-11-20, 20:39 PM

Is a bigger screen, I am trying to accomadate it.

Regarding speed feels the same, i am using for bussiness purposes mail chats meeting, so moderate use like in case of action.

I have it for a few days remain to see in the future.

At least wifi is working w/o a glitch😂!

Options

28 Posts

07-14-2020

Bosnia and Herzegovina

43 Signins

215 Page Views

• Views: 215
  • Message 52 of 76

2020-11-20, 22:46 PM

Yeah i kinda do not want to sell my Action just not to screw someone, i would feel bad, and if i put disclaimer on WIFI then  who in right mind would buy it.

I was considering buying Samsung A51 or P30 lite but i went with one Action. poor decision i will not make another one.

Me neither i will not recommend motorola ever or buy another one ever, just waiting until i manage to buy working proper phone.

Options

14 Posts

09-28-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

20 Signins

85 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 85
  • Message 53 of 76

2020-11-27, 18:56 PM

So is this update that's currently happening the "silver bullet"?

Breath not being held......

Options

14 Posts

09-28-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

20 Signins

85 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 85
  • Message 54 of 76

2020-11-27, 20:04 PM

No, just a security update.

Surprise, surprise......... 

Options

28 Posts

07-14-2020

Bosnia and Herzegovina

43 Signins

215 Page Views

• Message 55 of 76

2020-11-28, 21:27 PM

I do not think it will be ever fixed, because some of the versions of one action are working ok and some of them are with bad WIFI so i'm thinking maybe they used two chipset of WIFI or used two different vendors for WIFI and some of them are just bad on hardware level.
Probably they will ride the wave and hope everyone will forget about this, after all its budget phone what the hell you want working WIFI for 140 euros well i payed 140 euros at least, and got 70% of phone.

This is just security update and also my 4 year old S7 received it.

Options

3 Posts

04-30-2020

Germany

16 Signins

95 Page Views

• Views: 95
  • Message 56 of 76

2020-12-06, 20:31 PM

I am sure that this is not a hardware problem. I bought this phone in april with an Android 9 preinstalled and the WiFi worked perfectly at 2.4 and 5GHz. The WiFi problem came with the Android 10 upgrade. You can have a look at these posts: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/motorola-one-action/WiFi-problems-after-Android-10-update/m-p/5006183. MattForumsMngr (appearently Toms predecessor) told me, that this is a known iussue with Fritz! routers and would be fixed soon. I couldn't test with other routers due to a Covid-lockdown at this time. Since then I tested my phone with several different 2.4GHz WiFis (including public WiFi, a dlink router, a netgear router, university network an some more). None of them did work for me. I can also confirm that 5GHz works well. Personally 5GHz doesn't help me much due to the fact that 5GHz requires more or less line of site with the router, which is not always the case for me.

I highly doubt, this fix has any priority to motorola. There seems to be the same issue with vision one (https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/motorola-one-vision/Android-10-2-4ghz-speed-unbearable/m-p/5005064), which also started in late march. This should have been more than enough time to fix this issue. I hope Motorola will have this issue in mind, when they start working on the Android 11 uprade.

As I consider 2.4GHz WiFi to be essential functionallity of a mobilephone and not some fancy feature, I am highly disappointed of Motorola.

@MotorolaTom I appreciate that you are honest with us about not having any timing and do not give false promises, like MattFormsMngr did.

Options

28 Posts

07-14-2020

Bosnia and Herzegovina

43 Signins

215 Page Views

• Message 57 of 76

2020-12-06, 20:57 PM

Yeah i made video testing on different routers and routers are not issue, and 5ghz is not solution for anyone.

Solution is give us working phone, 6 months im using this phone with broken WIFI

Options

4848 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3276 Signins

73816 Page Views

• Views: 73816
  • Message 58 of 76

2020-12-07, 22:39 PM

@ markus_w wrote:

I am sure that this is not a hardware problem. I bought this phone in april with an Android 9 preinstalled and the WiFi worked perfectly at 2.4 and 5GHz. The WiFi problem came with the Android 10 upgrade. You can have a look at these posts: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/motorola-one-action/WiFi-problems-after-Android-10-update/m-p/5006183. MattForumsMngr (appearently Toms predecessor) told me, that this is a known iussue with Fritz! routers and would be fixed soon. I couldn' test with other routers due to a Covid-lockdown at this time. Since then I tested my phone with several different 2.4GHz WiFis (including public WiFi, a dlink router, a netgear router, university network an some more). None of them did work for me. I can also confirm that 5GHz works well. Personally 5GHz doesn' help me much due to the fact that 5GHz requires more or less line of site with the router, which is not always the case for me.

I highly doubt, this fix has any priority to motorola. There seems to be the same issue with vision one (https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/motorola-one-vision/Android-10-2-4ghz-speed-unbearable/m-p/5005064), which also started in late march. This should have been more than enough time to fix this issue. I hope Motorola will have this issue in mind, when they start working on the Android 11 uprade.

As I consider 2.4GHz WiFi to be essential functionallity of a mobilephone and not some fancy feature, I am highly disappointed of Motorola.

@MotorolaTom I appreciate that you are honest with us about not having any timing and do not give false promises, like MattFormsMngr did.

So here is what I can tell you, Android Q did seem to introduce a bug with 2.4GHz WiFi on this model. We have improvements coming, but it won't be until the next major OS update. I don't know the specifics surrounding it, but I do know it's coming. I'd recommend signing up for the Motorola Feedback Network so when we're ready to test I can get you added. There is a thread stickied in this Motorola One Action community for how to sign up. 

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

3 Posts

04-30-2020

Germany

16 Signins

95 Page Views

• Views: 95
  • Message 59 of 76

2020-12-20, 21:12 PM

@MotorolaTom thanks for your information. I just signed up for the MFN. I see the point in fixing that issue not with Android Q, but with the coming major OS update.  I'd be glad to help with testing, once your ready.

Options

4848 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3276 Signins

73816 Page Views

• Views: 73816
  • Message 60 of 76

2020-12-21, 23:18 PM

@ markus_w wrote:

@MotorolaTom thanks for your information. I just signed up for the MFN. I see the point in fixing that issue not with Android Q, but with the coming major OS update.  I' be glad to help with testing, once your ready.

If we do run a test in Germany, I will look forward to having you in the test to help test. 

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms