Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola one Phonesmotorola one action
All Forum Topics
Options

6799 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3410 Signins

85846 Page Views

• Views: 85846
  • Message 71 of 100

Re:Motorola One Action WIFI Problem

2021-02-16, 18:33 PM

@ MagicRat wrote:

Tom, I' sure you mean well, I' sure you are a nice man.

I' sure you believe the company-line you are trotting out.

But I' sure, deep down, you know that there is never going to be a fix.

It' a budget phone, Motorola are never going to put any resources into fixing it.

The phone is a piece of trash and Motorola' response, and general customer be service, has been laughable.

I' almost there, I' almost, thankfully, done with Motorola forever.

So you won' be troubled with me much longer.

I' sorry you are tied to such an awful company for your employment, good luck in the future.

I'm sorry you feel I'm toeing the company line. If there were no plans for improvements coming, I wouldn't be advising it. I'm not one to share misleading information as that sort of thing always comes back to bite you in the long-run. At this point, the information I have is that there will be improvements coming in the next major OS update. 

-Tom 

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

72 Posts

06-05-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

77 Signins

630 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 630
  • Message 72 of 100

2021-02-16, 22:52 PM
Hi Tom, if the fix for WiFi is coming to this phone in the next major OS release (which is absolutely terrible to wait a while OS version for a bug fix) how do you plan on fixing issues on phones without a planned OS?
Options

36 Posts

07-14-2020

Bosnia and Herzegovina

59 Signins

305 Page Views

• Views: 305
  • Message 73 of 100

2021-02-22, 16:41 PM

Yeah he seems alright, he is nice community manager.
In 2012 i had one phone that was so terrible i had it only for two months and it was Sony Ion on paper phone was great, dual core 1, gb of ram 12mp pixel camera
but everything about that phone was bad, camera, screen, performance but WI FI worked,  i owned him for 2 months and sold it, but until today that was the worst phone i ever owned, enough said that i never ever owned another Sony phone.
But as today this piece of e waste climbed to number one spot.
Why do not recall phone ? Why i cant claim warranty even if store is closed where to claim it ? How to claim it what to say hey you have technically working WI FI but only for text messages, everything else is just not working on this e waste,
Oh yes because its low budget phone who cares.
I curse the day when i walked inside the store and bought it.
I refuse to change phone until at least one year and in 4 months that will be one year ownership on this e waste 

Just imagine if this product was on table in store and it said not working wi fi none would touch it its useless, even as free none would get it.
But somehow me and lots of people got tricked in buying it.
When ever i see motorola phones discussion i point out this problem and just copy paste this link.

Options

16 Posts

08-26-2020

Romania

16 Signins

135 Page Views

• Views: 135
  • Message 74 of 100

2021-02-23, 7:54 AM

Long time since I did not visit this forum, thinking that issue could be solved till this moment.

You can be glad that you bought just 1pcs of e-waste.

My mistake was to buy 2 pieces, indeed only one had the defect, the other no issue.

One thing is clear also for me, I tried to choose a cheap phone, I thought it will be Ok but I was mistaken.

Surely I will not buy or recommend Motorola/Lenovo further, they keep producing just e-waste phones.

I got mines sold ( faulty one I sell with around 50 Eur, this was maximum a lady offer me, at least it is used just in 5Ghz wifi, other one 100E, imagine I paid per one 180Eur, used less than 7months).

Out of necessity and poor support I had to buy Samsung -> indeed price tag is higher, I do not like heavy UI, but I am used to it now.

Next time I will open twice my eyes, as somebody said to me I am too poor to afford cheap things.

It is a shame that we can not do any return, the same issue I face in Romania. Even if the Wifi is 1MBps, the store is stating that is working, can not return, even if the handset is in warranty. Do not like to spend time with consumers authority, till they finish the investigation product will be EOL.

The last Motorola for me, for you guys I hope that your issues will be solved soon.

Thank you Raptor for good support with logs and all forum discussion.

Options

36 Posts

07-14-2020

Bosnia and Herzegovina

59 Signins

305 Page Views

• Message 75 of 100

2021-02-25, 13:36 PM

Hi i paid a 180 euros too, but you got two of them **bleep** man,  i had choice Huawei, Xiaomi even Samsung A20 series  but i decided on Motorola, what pissed me off that i still se this brand new phones sold, yesterday i saw one in store. Just hanging in there waiting for next victim, like a snake in a grass.
If this happened in USA or any Samsung, or Apple phones they would be striked by class-action .
Apple for god sake lowered battery capacity on 4 years old phones and they got and so much bad press that is unbelviable 
You people sold me a phone and promise me working phone after software update, i do not want any new feature i want working phone.
Just imagine buying brand new car and climate control do not work and answer would be hey wait for update.

How about this send me a working phone i will use it and after update come i will send you back that phone and continue using One Action after update how about that, i registered phone on this site it still has "warranty" 
You guys are selling broken phones, and ripping people off, and that that is not ok, not by long shot.

Options

1 Posts

03-22-2021

Czech Republic

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 76 of 100

2021-03-22, 17:53 PM
Hello Tom. Is there any chance you could add my phone for testing on the MFN? I would like to test whether android 11 fixes the wifi issues on my phone. Greetings, José Smutný
Options

3 Posts

01-26-2021

Germany

8 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 77 of 100

2021-04-21, 7:27 AM

The bottom line first: I will never buy a Motorola or Lenovo cell phone again!
1. Since the purchase in 2019 and the update to Android 10, the MOTOROLA ONE ACTION cannot connect to a 2.4 Ghz WiFi network. Look all the messages in this and other forums!
2. In the forums and by the support, a system update has been put off for 18 months that was not delivered to solve the problem.
3. Now the MOTOROLA ONE ACTION regularly loses the connection to the 5 Ghz network! The WLAN password has to be re-entered all the time!
4. The update to Android 11 announced in September 2020 has not yet been delivered.

5. Never use a Motorola cell phone again!

Options

36 Posts

07-14-2020

Bosnia and Herzegovina

59 Signins

305 Page Views

• Message 78 of 100

2021-04-21, 12:05 PM

Same thing, even sometimes if wi fi is connected it will randomly disconnected, and even disconnected my Bluetooth, device.
And i need to reset or turn of both wi fi and Bluetooth and turn on again to get it working.
Sometimes i will get black camera when i turn it on, need to force close it to get it working,
Deleting pictures sometimes last for 20+ seconds ( my device is not full )
And many many more problems i have two more months until one year of ownership and then i will write and make video about this poor device.
I read that the update will come but there is no specific date.
Source
https://www.afterdawn.com/news/article.cfm/2021/04/15/android-11-update-list

Truly its a miserable device to use.
LG died in mobile industry, next is Motorola or Sony, but i hope Motorola.
Needless to say i will never buy Motorola or Lenovo product ever.

Options

36 Posts

07-14-2020

Bosnia and Herzegovina

59 Signins

305 Page Views

• Message 79 of 100

2021-07-04, 15:57 PM

And just like that one year ownership has passed, with broken wi fi and waiting for update to Android 11.
Now i will search for new phone.
Thanks for a year of misery, worst phone ever.

Options

16 Posts

08-26-2020

Romania

16 Signins

135 Page Views

• Views: 135
  • Message 80 of 100

2021-07-05, 9:17 AM

Really sorry for this case.

Is unbelievable that A11 is not coming yet to fix this serious issue.

Anyway, Good luck with a new phone.

Also for me, these 2 were the last Motorola phones, even if a Samsung is at a higher price tag at least no major issues with network, volte/vowifi, wifi conection etc does not exist.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms