Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Krokiet
Fanfold Paper
Views: 334
Message 1 of 5

One Vision vs One Action

I don't know why my previous post was deleted. I like to understand spec in details to make a right decision for me. If Motorola wants to improve their offer - should listen not to delete posts. Sorry - but the spec is not clear. 

I try to choose new phone and first two places out of 4 are Motorola One Vision and One Action. 4th place is another motorola - Z3 Play with 2 disadvantages: is too wide and it is older phone - means shorted period with guaranteed updates.

I have found pollowing differences beetwen One Vision and One Action.

1. Glass 

One Vision has NEG hardened glass 2.5 on the front and Gorilla Glas 3 ad the back as I learned from the forum.

One Action has no word in spec about the glas and body is "IMT". What is "IMT"?

While Motorola One has: "Precision-crafted glass" as a body and "2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass" for the screen.

To be honest - if one of these (Vision or Action) cameras had Gorill Glass at the front I would have chosen it without any hesitation. They seems to be really good for me. If the glass used is scratch-resistant to a degree close to Gorilla glass - I would also buy it. Could anybody confirm this? 

I heard that Motorola One Zoom will have Gorilla Glass 3 again, but not sure if this will be on the screen. Backside is not so important for me. However I don't like so wide body phones - 75 mm. One Vision and One Action are fine to operate by one hand.

2. Stabilization

Mostlikely (learned from reviews) seems that:

One Vision - has optical stabilisation for the main camera.

One Action - has digital stabilisation for video.

Is it correct? 

3. Wide angle

One action has a wide angle, but... only for video recorded by action camera.

I am interested in a good stabilization for stand still photos.

4. Night shots

Seems that One Vision has a special mode for the pictures in low light at the main camera. 

5. Kolors of the body 

Not important.

These differences I have found in the specs. 

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 293
Message 2 of 5

Re: One Vision vs One Action

@Krokiet wrote:

I don't know why my previous post was deleted. I like to understand spec in details to make a right decision for me. If Motorola wants to improve their offer - should listen not to delete posts. Sorry - but the spec is not clear. 

I try to choose new phone and first two places out of 4 are Motorola One Vision and One Action. 4th place is another motorola - Z3 Play with 2 disadvantages: is too wide and it is older phone - means shorted period with guaranteed updates.

I have found pollowing differences beetwen One Vision and One Action.

1. Glass 

One Vision has NEG hardened glass 2.5 on the front and Gorilla Glas 3 ad the back as I learned from the forum.

One Action has no word in spec about the glas and body is "IMT". What is "IMT"?

While Motorola One has: "Precision-crafted glass" as a body and "2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass" for the screen.

To be honest - if one of these (Vision or Action) cameras had Gorill Glass at the front I would have chosen it without any hesitation. They seems to be really good for me. If the glass used is scratch-resistant to a degree close to Gorilla glass - I would also buy it. Could anybody confirm this? 

I heard that Motorola One Zoom will have Gorilla Glass 3 again, but not sure if this will be on the screen. Backside is not so important for me. However I don't like so wide body phones - 75 mm. One Vision and One Action are fine to operate by one hand.

2. Stabilization

Mostlikely (learned from reviews) seems that:

One Vision - has optical stabilisation for the main camera.

One Action - has digital stabilisation for video.

Is it correct? 

3. Wide angle

One action has a wide angle, but... only for video recorded by action camera.

I am interested in a good stabilization for stand still photos.

4. Night shots

Seems that One Vision has a special mode for the pictures in low light at the main camera. 

5. Kolors of the body 

Not important.

These differences I have found in the specs. 

Hi.

I can't answer all of these, but I reached out to someone who should be able to. Since it's Friday I may not have answers until next week.

I can say that the NEG glass is hardened and scratch-resistant, and that you are correct that the motorola one vision offers a Night Vision mode and the motorola one action does not.

I'll get back to you on these other questions.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Krokiet
Fanfold Paper
Views: 287
Message 3 of 5

Perhaps if you did not write back, I would go shopping on the weekend. If there is a chance for an answer - I'll wait. Even a week Smiley Happy
As I wrote in the deleted post - it would be good if Motorola gave a comparison of its phones. I would not have to ask what is the difference between One Visio and One Action.

https://www.neg.co.jp/glass_en/02.html

Is it possible that you will provide answer what type of NEG glass is used? I believe front one will be Dinorex T2X-0 but if there is glass on the back it could be Dinorex T2X-1.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 168
Message 4 of 5

Hi again.

I have some additional answers.

• Camera Stabilization - you are correct:
    • One Vision w/ OIS (Optical Image Stabilization)
    • One Action w/ EIS (Electronic Image Stabilization)
  • One Action's wide-angle camera only supports video recording.

I don't know which type of glass it is.

I did get an answer to the IMT question but I still don't understand it so I'm trying for more. I do appreciate you pointing that out -- we need to improve that listing!

Hope this helps.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Krokiet
Fanfold Paper
Views: 131
Message 5 of 5

Thanks Matt. Of course I like to understand all differences.

Searching for IMT I have found following information. It looks like other manufacturers are also using this technology.

"In addition to scratch and corrosion resistance of the new IMT process, the highlight of the new IMT process lies in its double-sided 3D optical texture. The products used in this new process are different in different angles, and they are all dazzle. After this treatment, the plastic is given a glass - like visual experience. Overall sense of technology, fashion sense.
2. The new IMT technology is mature and can reach the mass production level.
It has been introduced before that the production capacity of the domestic diaphragm single shenzhen is up to 500,000 tablets per day, which can fully meet the domestic demand for mass production. After [...], [...] enjoyed the release of 8, and the performance of the two big mobile phone manufacturers confirmed the maturity of IMT technology from the side.
Compared with the other plastic phone back cover process, which is very popular today, the high pressure forming of composite plate is more mature and advantageous in terms of production cost and mass production feasibility"

To be honest - I think I prefer plastic over the glass. I dropped my last phone several times from a height of 3-5 feet. The only loss - the back cover has to be replaced. It costs for 4$ (without NFC) or 14$ (with NFC). However, he had a loose front-back connection and easilly decomposed after the fall. It will be not the case with new phones.

Top Kudoed Authors