53 Signins

334 Page Views

• Views: 334
  • Message 31 of 43

Re: Please help me with my Motorola One Action

2020-02-19, 15:49 PM

One more thing:

I read - XT2013-2 

This is Latin America. (https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/motorola-one-action/One-Action-XT2013-1-2-3-What-s-the-difference/td-p/4551640)

Amazon COM reviews for Latin America version of Motorola One Action:

"The Motorola One is a great device with an awesome camera, but this is not the US version. For use in the US, do yourself a favor and purchase the US version. This is the Latin American version, and it's missing key GSM bands for the US market. For example, if you use this device on T-Moblile in the US, you will be getting limited cellular coverage and you won't be able to use key features like VoLTE. It also does not have CDMA bands and it does not come with a warranty."

So stop wasting your time, send it back and buy one that goes with your network.

https://www.amazon.com/Motorola-One-Action-Unlocked-Brazilian/dp/B07WNSK9C1?th=1

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

28 Posts

02-15-2020

US

19 Signins

195 Page Views

• Views: 195
  • Message 32 of 43

2020-02-19, 17:35 PM
Thank you kordo - yes my phone has reteu in the software channel .
Options

28 Posts

02-15-2020

US

19 Signins

195 Page Views

• Message 33 of 43

2020-02-19, 17:38 PM
Thank you again kordo - looks like it's being returned for sure now
Options

28 Posts

02-15-2020

US

19 Signins

195 Page Views

• Message 34 of 43

2020-02-19, 17:47 PM
I can't thank you enough. kordo, for finding all of this information for me.

What angers me is I messaged the seller on eBay and flat out asked if this phone would be compatible with T-Mobile and if not I didn't want the phone. They never answered but shipped the phone.

It's a live and learn experience for me! I guess I wanted the phone so bad I paid for it and received it. I'll get another from Motorola USA
Options

45 Posts

04-06-2015

EE

53 Signins

334 Page Views

• Views: 334
  • Message 35 of 43

2020-02-19, 18:35 PM

It is a nice "little" phone. I have "small" hands, good to hold such narrow phone. The aspect ratio is good for scrolling reddit or Facebook. Battery could be better but you already have the experience - I assume it is fine for your habits (as it is fine for mine).

Too bad, it happened to you, but then again, that is life. Tomorrow bad things are forgotten, new things will take over. 

Options

28 Posts

02-15-2020

US

19 Signins

195 Page Views

• Message 36 of 43

2020-02-19, 19:59 PM
Yes it is a nice phone. I really like it. The one thing missing that I love from the G3 is the "Gallery" - but I can work around it. I just need to learn the phone as I go along.

The battery is much better versus my old phone so I'm good with it.

And yes, that is life and I will get over it especially when I have a new phone that is a "keeper".

I have to mention - so many people make comments about me having a Motorola. Telling me they are not good phones and not what they used to be. But yet, my G3 has outlasted many of their phones! It still works as I had it fixed for 40 dollars. The charging connector on the phone needed to be replaced. I'll be picking it up from the repair shop soon.

I totally loved my old Motorola Razor / music player way back when :)

Another comment, as much as I really like the Moto One Action - I am very interested in the new Moto G Stylus. I did some searching and it looks like it will not be out until April though and the cost around 300 USD - from what I read anyway.

Thanks again for all of your help kordo! You and arsradu have been an awesome help and very nice people!
Options

2039 Posts

10-16-2018

GB

1790 Signins

27483 Page Views

• Views: 27483
  • Message 37 of 43

2020-02-19, 20:03 PM

wrote:
Yes it is a nice phone. I really like it. The one thing missing that I love from the G3 is the "Gallery" - but I can work around it. I just need to learn the phone as I go along.

You can install the free Standalone version of the Google Gallery,

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.photosgo&hl=en_GB

and if you also install the free Google Photos,

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.photos&hl=en_GB

It will Sync/Backup all your photos and you can then also view them on any Internet device/PC/Laptop/Tablet etc. (Best uploaded on WiFi to save phone data) here,

https://photos.google.com

HTH :)

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

28 Posts

02-15-2020

US

19 Signins

195 Page Views

• Message 38 of 43

2020-02-19, 20:30 PM

Hey Porphyrius! Thank you for that info! I will definitely look into all of that. That helps a lot!

Also, thank you for all of your help throughout my drama here :)

Options

28 Posts

02-15-2020

US

19 Signins

195 Page Views

• Message 39 of 43

2020-02-19, 22:24 PM

All of you have been so helpful and I appreciate everything.

Now I have  to make up my mind and I don't know what to do - I hate this as I'm really torn!

I can wait until April for :     https://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_moto_g_stylus-10057.php

https://www.motorola.com/us/products/moto-g-stylus

Or I can go ahead and get my Motorola One Action from Motorola USA (no more eBay)

I really would like your opinions - please.   I know it pretty much comes down to personal preference and the problem is I want both phones which is silly -  I will only get one of them.  I can wait until April since the old G3 has been repaired.

Motorola has basically decided not to go with the numbers in the US.  Like the G8 which is not available here.  We will have the Moto G Power and the Moto G Stylus.

Thanks in advance for your opinions - if you choose to leave one.

Options

273 Posts

10-13-2019

RO

437 Signins

4821 Page Views

• Views: 4821
  • Message 40 of 43

2020-02-19, 22:54 PM

And here's a side by side of the two phones, for easier comparison.

Advantages of the One Action (compared to the Stylus):

1. a bit more powerful

2. a slightly higher resolution and pixel density

3. USB On-The-Go (allows you to connect using a special adapter, any USB pen drive, in order to transfer files from it to the phone, watch videos, etc, without actually having them on your phone)

4. Android One device. Though considering how slow the rollout seems to be for Android 10...I'm not sure this is so much of a plus.

5. NFC

Advantages of the Stylus (compared to the One Action):

1. smaller pin-hole front-facing camera. The one from the One Action doesn't bother me, but you know, some people might appreciate it.

2. comes with Android 10 (at least you don't need to wait for an update..at least not the first one)

3. higher resolution cameras. To me, higher resolution cameras don't mean better photos. And, to give you an example, a 10MP dedicated camera (DSLR) will always outperform a phone camera, with no matter how many "megapickles".
A photo with a lot of megapixels is just that: a photo with a lot of pixels. Do you need them? Probably not, if you're gonna see those photos on your phone, on your computer, or share them on Social Media. So...is a higher resolution camera that much of an advantage? To me, no. But I'll let you decide for yourself.

4. slightly bigger battery (4000mAh vs 3500mAh). Is it noticeable? Well, I guess it depends on your use case. My phone will last for 2-3 days. Usually 2 days. With low usage, it will get to 3 days on a single charge. BUT, I do live in a pretty well covered area, and since I don't speak in my sleep, I do turn it off overnight. So there's that.

So, while it's definitely good to have, whether or not it's what you need, that's for you to decide.

They're both pretty good phones, don't get me wrong. But personally I would still go for the Action instead of the Stylus. At least in this comparison. Also, as Steve Jobs used to say: "who needs a stylus?" :))

Well, this would be my personal opinion. The decision is obviously yours. But whatever it is, it better be for the correct region, to avoid issues like the one we were discussing yesterday. By the way, sorry I missed that detail. It would have probably made things a lot clearer and easier. My bad.

Anyway, sorry for the long message, aaand I hope it helps. :)

I'm just a human being human.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete