cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
binary007
Paper Tape
Views: 306
Message 1 of 2

System Integrity is compromised! Is it due to unlocked bootloader?

So Moto One Action keeps on surprising every now and then. The latest addition to it is the System Integrity is Compromised message. This is how I end up doing so:

1. Unlocked the device's bootloader.
  2. Rooted the device successfully using Magisk patched boot image and Moto One Vision's (yes, it's One Vision) vbmeta file.
  3. Then I had to unroot my device (for some reason), so flashed the stock firmware using Moto Smart Assistant Tool. But kept the device's bootloader in an unlocked state.
  4. Now I have a stock ROM on my device, unrooted without any modification to the /system partition. The only modification is the unlocked bootloader.Screenshot_20191127-224913 (1).png

Then I went to System > Advanced > System Updates and then got greeted with the message that I am no longer eligible for software updates (ALTHOUGH I'M STILL GETTING OFFFICIAL OTAs!). Though not an issue as I could still flash the stock firmware by one way or the other, I am just curious to know whether it is indeed a result of an unlocked bootloader or not. 

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 250
Message 2 of 2

Re: System Integrity is compromised! Is it due to unlocked bootloader?

@binary007 wrote:

So Moto One Action keeps on surprising every now and then. The latest addition to it is the System Integrity is Compromised message. This is how I end up doing so:

1. Unlocked the device's bootloader.
  2. Rooted the device successfully using Magisk patched boot image and Moto One Vision's (yes, it's One Vision) vbmeta file.
  3. Then I had to unroot my device (for some reason), so flashed the stock firmware using Moto Smart Assistant Tool. But kept the device's bootloader in an unlocked state.
  4. Now I have a stock ROM on my device, unrooted without any modification to the /system partition. The only modification is the unlocked bootloader.

Then I went to System > Advanced > System Updates and then got greeted with the message that I am no longer eligible for software updates (ALTHOUGH I'M STILL GETTING OFFFICIAL OTAs!). Though not an issue as I could still flash the stock firmware by one way or the other, I am just curious to know whether it is indeed a result of an unlocked bootloader or not. 

Hi.

Yes, this is normal - a change made with Pie. If you do restore the stock ROM and relock the bootloader, it may remove this flag, but we can't promise it. Once the bootloader is unlocked it may not ever be able to get OTA upgrades. It's part of the agreement. 

• "You agree that Motorola has no obligation to upgrade or otherwise support your device once it has been unlocked."

Of course, you may still get the updates, as you have experienced. And as you said, if not you can flash them using our Update Assistant. But if you have modified the software it is possible that accepting an update could damage/brick your phone. It's a risk you accept when unlocking. 

Hope this helps. Please note the edit for all-caps shouting, a violation of site rules. Thanks.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!

And We're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Top Kudoed Authors