Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rajatk1
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 603
Message 1 of 11

Touch senstivity issues during charge and with screen protectors

I would like to bring this to the notice that moto one action is having serious touch issues while charging and if being used with screen protectors, during charging this is almost of no use as you cant even open apps without touching hard twice or thrice, i have gone through moto one vision's forum and they have received one update with touch fix, please do the same with moto one action, as it is almost unusable, you can't even get the touch right forget about the other features of the phone! serious disgust!

The september patch release notes are live and have no mentions of touch fixes, please do it for october atleast, forget android 10, this issue needs to be fixed first.

Also, this is an android one device then why the updates are coming in so late now?

rajatk1
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 582
Message 2 of 11

Re: Touch senstivity issues during charge and with screen protectors

Also i did everything like reset and safe mode thing, so dont bring it up again

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 531
Message 3 of 11

@rajatk1 wrote:

Also i did everything like reset and safe mode thing, so dont bring it up again

Hi.

Have you tried removing the screen protector? It seems likely to me that it's going to interfere. 

Also, are you having this issue when using an official Motorola charger? Mine seems fine when charging.

If you are on the September patch, then I don't understand why you think the patches are coming slowly...

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
rajatk1
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 529
Message 4 of 11

So that means we should not use protectors, that's a weird way to cover up bad quality products. I guess it should be solved with an update and i am waiting for that as moto one vision has got one..

Yes i am using moto charger

I am not on september patch, as it's almost near half of october and we are still on aug patch, i guess it's slow in my view

rajatk1
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 498
Message 5 of 11

Confirmed with multiple people.. the issue is with almost every moto one action device.. please seed in the update for touch calibration, as it was done with moto one vision also..

SouravNSV
Paper Tape
Views: 493
Message 6 of 11

Hi,

I'm having the exact same problem. I can't even type while charging and when it's not charging, it takes deep pointy touch to type or open anything. I upgraded from Moto G Turbo and that phone is still a king in touch response. Are Motorola products going worse day by day? It's October and we are still in August patch. Come-on it's an Android One device and issues should get fixed soon.
Administrator
Administrator
Views: 484
Message 7 of 11

@SouravNSV wrote:
Hi,

I'm having the exact same problem. I can't even type while charging and when it's not charging, it takes deep pointy touch to type or open anything. I upgraded from Moto G Turbo and that phone is still a king in touch response. Are Motorola products going worse day by day? It's October and we are still in August patch. Come-on it's an Android One device and issues should get fixed soon.

Hi.

Thanks for the feedback. Are you also using a screen protector?

We could use some additional information if you two are willing. I know some of this looks complicated (it's not as bad as it looks), but we would really appreciate the help so we can understand and work on this.

1. Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems. (Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943)

2.  A video of this behavior, with the Show Taps and Show Pointer Location turned on in Developer Options.
    - Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times to enable Developer options mode
    - Go to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer options > scroll down to Input > toggle on Show taps and Pointer location. 
    - Upload or post a link to the video here, or email to supportforums@motorola.com, and include a note and link to this post so we know what it refers to.

3. A bug report. 
    - Go to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer options > scroll down to Debugging > toggle on USB debugging and Bug         Report shortcut 
    - Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Developer options > Click on take bug report OR Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
    - Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
    - Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and share the link to the Bug Report via an email to supportforums@motorola.com, and include a note and link to this post so we know what it refers to.
    - Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
rajatk1
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 473
Message 8 of 11

I am and have been using screen protectors with each and every phone, then why would I complaint for this device only. If we don't use it then the screen is at risk, I had no issues with any of my phones having screen protectors in history.

Classic example.. Moto G4 Plus had horrible screen bleeding issue but no one could solve it and now  for this touch calibration which can easily be sorted out with an ota update and given moto one vision's same case, i guess we deserve an update to fix this issue atleast.

The major problem comes around the word T and Y on the keyboard and space button also doesn't work while charging, otherwise it's almost fine. 

I have seen your reply on that moto one vision thread as well. We are just simply asking for a fix and i can assure you there are many more people that I found in various groups having the same issue and while charging, it gets worse. 

SouravNSV
Paper Tape
Views: 458
Message 9 of 11

Sure, thanks. I'm updating all the points you mentioned.

Yes, I'm using a screen protector on One Action. I have always used a screen protector in all my earlier Motorola devices like Moto E2 and G Turbo and never faced any problems there. Please push any fix for the problems that we are having in touch response.
Highlighted
rajatk1
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 433
Message 10 of 11

Why can't we just simply get a touch fix OTA like moto one vision has got?

Top Kudoed Authors