10-05-2019

RS

5 Signins

18 Page Views

• Views: 18
  • Message 1 of 5

Transparent notifications

2020-03-04, 20:58 PM
Once aggain - no transparent notifications on motorola one phones☹️. Even on android 10 - no trace of them. Furthermore, the 'posthoc revealed fact' that moto one phones ARE NOT ANDROID ONE phones - didn't change a single thing.. Actually, quite opposite!! Now, we know, that there is no 'android excuse' for the lack of the numerous 'look & feel' functions - every average device has already: Lock screen customizations, home screen customizations... Mayb. those functionalites 'are not expected to exist' on these phones at all?! Mayb. the price of the moto one phones is the main reason why we should accept pretty fixed 'look&feel'.. I don't think so.. C'mmon guy's- Wake Up!!!
Solved! See the solution
Options

270 Posts

10-13-2019

RO

398 Signins

4546 Page Views

• Views: 4546
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:Transparent notifications

2020-03-05, 8:46 AM

I think you might be confusing this with a Samsung phone. :))

Motorola One devices are not Android One devices. That is correct. But what does that have to do with Moto One Action? That is an Android One device. Take a look here: https://www.android.com/one/

Also, have you ever seen transparent notifications on a Pixel or Android One device? Cause I haven't. And to be honest, I prefer less "bling" and more speed. I'm not saying I don't like a nice look and feel. But not when it starts interfering with performance. And the biggest change I wanted is system-wide dark mode. Which Android 10 comes with by default.

Also, I prefer the matte notifications over transparent notifications, for two reason: 1) less resources consumed for rendering transparency, and 2) more contrast, making the text easier to read.

And yes, those functionalities are not (and should not) be expected to exist on these phones. Simply because they're not implemented by Google in their AOSP. Pixel devices don't have it. Why would Android One devices have it? Their main scope is to be as close to stock Android as possible! Also, every "extra" feature means more time spent on development and testing. Which means slower updates. And I don't know about you, but I think they are already pretty slow as they are. This is probably my only "complaint" with this phone. This, and the fact that VoLTE and VoWIFI don't work anymore after Android 10 update. But that's most likely a bug. So...I'm hoping it will be fixed soon.

I'm not sure what sort of customisations are you missing on your lock screen. The only thing I'd like to have is weather info. And that is either not implemented or I couldn't figure out how to make it show up on the lock screen. Other than that...nope. I don't even use the camera and Google Assistant shortcuts. By the way, Google Assistant doesn't seem to work for me, from the lock screen. Not sure if it's a bug or something. But what I'm trying to say is that I personally don't miss so many things on my lock screen. And I used to own Samsung phones. :)) So...yeah.

I'm just a human being human.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

7 Posts

10-05-2019

RS

5 Signins

18 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2020-03-05, 11:50 AM
1. Thanks to third party apps, transparent notifications are FLUENTLY & STILL supported on moto one action on android 10. No 'bling's' or such crap. The sollution is simple - Ava lockscreen... My question was actually pointed to moto-team. Why bothering moto users with such notorious disfuntionality when it's obvious that this perfectly works with third party apps? (On the Lock screen - yes) 2. Google search bar is still 'nailed' on the home screen!!! Why? Or, mayb. it slowers down the 'entire system'?!?! Instead of possibility to fix important icons from accidental deletion on home screen ('God saves the Nova launcher'), Moto team 'fixes' irritating Google search bar.. Actually, in the very front of our core speed buttons for calling, messages!?! I think there is no need for further discussion on these matter's because it's actually pointless for Moto team. In one thing I agree with you: Software development is always very expensive..
Options

7 Posts

10-05-2019

RS

5 Signins

18 Page Views

• Message 4 of 5

2020-03-05, 14:25 PM
And, of course, the screenshots of my device motorola one action on Android 10: 1. Lock screen on motorola one action on Android 10 (now working only with Ava) 2. Home screen on motorola one action on Android 10 (now working only with Nova launcher) PS: Shame on you
Screenshot_20200305-145855.png Screenshot_20200305-151136.png
Options

19084 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2336 Signins

57417 Page Views

• Views: 57417
  • Message 5 of 5

2020-03-09, 18:50 PM

1. Thanks to third party apps, transparent notifications are FLUENTLY & STILL supported on moto one action on android 10. No 'bling's' or such crap. The sollution is simple - Ava lockscreen... My question was actually pointed to moto-team. Why bothering moto users with such notorious disfuntionality when it's obvious that this perfectly works with third party apps? 

Hi.

I think you answer the question yourself here. We have always made it clear that we will not emphasize features that are easily available via the Play Store. That is one of the real beauties of the Android OS - each owner can customize as they wish. Instead we work on new and unique features for our phones. And in the main, we try to stick close to the Android standards available at the time of our OS development.

For what it's worth, the Pixel doesn't offer transparent notifications either, AFAICT.

• Matt
Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete