Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola one Phonesmotorola one action
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

03-03-2021

United States of America

5 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 6

Unable to make phone calls

2021-03-03, 3:25 AM

So i moved from a moto e to this one action and did a phone transfer and transferred the SIM to this new phone.  So same sim, same company, mostly the same apps.  But in this phone, most days i cannot make phone calls, not in the default dialer, not in another dialer and not in Google voice.  The outgoing phone call rings, the person picks up and almost exactly 1.5 seconds later the phone will automatically hang up.  I usually hear the first work word somebody says before it hangs up.  At first i thought it was Google voice causing problems but the problem continues even with voice uninstalled.  The problem comes and goes but phone calls are a basic function of the phone that i must have.  Anybody seen anything like this before?

Options

19826 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2500 Signins

62923 Page Views

• Views: 62923
  • Message 2 of 6

Re:Unable to make phone calls

2021-03-03, 15:10 PM

@ Ittle wrote:

So i moved from a moto e to this one action and did a phone transfer and transferred the SIM to this new phone.  So same sim, same company, mostly the same apps.  But in this phone, most days i cannot make phone calls, not in the default dialer, not in another dialer and not in Google voice.  The outgoing phone call rings, the person picks up and almost exactly 1.5 seconds later the phone will automatically hang up.  I usually hear the first work word somebody says before it hangs up.  At first i thought it was Google voice causing problems but the problem continues even with voice uninstalled.  The problem comes and goes but phone calls are a basic function of the phone that i must have.  Anybody seen anything like this before?

Hi.

Which carrier are you using, and what troubleshooting have you tried. For example, did you check with the carrier to see if the phone needs a different SIM or the action is supported?

Let me know. Glad to help.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

3 Posts

03-03-2021

United States of America

5 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2021-03-03, 20:29 PM

I haven't called the carrier (liberty wireless, a subsidiary of tmobile) just yet but i will if you think it'll help.  As to 'is the function supported', i really don't know what your asking because a normal phone call is the primary function that should always work (along with sms).

I have tried installing apps that have access to phone calls, frequent restarts, a different dialer, changing the default 4g signal, wifi calling on and off, SIM swapping and more.  Nothing consistently fixes or breaks the phone.  The SIM works fine in another older phone. The only problem i could imagine with the phone/carrier would be wireless bands that the phone supports but this phone supports the same bands and many more than the old phone.

At this point, I'm looking for suggestions to try to see what fixes the phone caller. If you have suggestions, I'll gladly hear them. Meanwhile I'll call the carrier....

Update: carrier doesn't know or troubleshoot.  They can reset my network connection when i have problems but it's working today. 

Options

19826 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2500 Signins

62923 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2021-03-04, 16:22 PM

@ Ittle wrote:

I haven' called the carrier (liberty wireless, a subsidiary of tmobile) just yet but i will if you think it' help.  As to ' the function supported', i really don' know what your asking because a normal phone call is the primary function that should always work (along with sms).

I have tried installing apps that have access to phone calls, frequent restarts, a different dialer, changing the default 4g signal, wifi calling on and off, SIM swapping and more.  Nothing consistently fixes or breaks the phone.  The SIM works fine in another older phone. The only problem i could imagine with the phone/carrier would be wireless bands that the phone supports but this phone supports the same bands and many more than the old phone.

At this point, I' looking for suggestions to try to see what fixes the phone caller. If you have suggestions, I' gladly hear them. Meanwhile I' call the carrier....

Update: carrier doesn' know or troubleshoot.  They can reset my network connection when i have problems but it' working today. 

Hi.

Yeah, my comment wasn't very clear. It was basically the same idea -- sometimes the technology changes to the point where you need a new SIM or your new phone needs provisioning in the carrier network. It sounds like they did that.

If you run into additional issues, can you test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up. This disables any 3rd party apps that might interfere.

Let me know, and good luck!

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

3 Posts

03-03-2021

United States of America

5 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2021-03-06, 16:15 PM

Thanks for all the help.  I could ask about a new SIM but i think i have a new solution.  The carrier won't provide much help but the problem does seem to be a conflict with the phone and the network since it didn't happen with the old phone.  Anyways, the new fix is just to re connect to the phone network, the easy way is simply to go-to airplane mode for a few seconds and then remove the airplane mode.  Once it reconnects, it will fix the problem and if it doesn't then i do it again until it fixes it.

I find it so strange though that it makes the phone call but hangs up after 1.5 seconds.  But the important thing is to find a fix.

Just the update since you were interested, maybe it will be of interest to somebody else.

Options

19826 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2500 Signins

62923 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2021-03-08, 19:03 PM

@ Ittle wrote:

Thanks for all the help.  I could ask about a new SIM but i think i have a new solution.  The carrier won' provide much help but the problem does seem to be a conflict with the phone and the network since it didn' happen with the old phone.  Anyways, the new fix is just to re connect to the phone network, the easy way is simply to go-to airplane mode for a few seconds and then remove the airplane mode.  Once it reconnects, it will fix the problem and if it doesn' then i do it again until it fixes it.

I find it so strange though that it makes the phone call but hangs up after 1.5 seconds.  But the important thing is to find a fix.

Just the update since you were interested, maybe it will be of interest to somebody else.

Hi.

Still sounds pretty rough!

We can check from our end too: Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate.

Regards,

- Matt

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms