Options

19 Posts

08-24-2020

IN

13 Signins

100 Page Views

• Views: 100
  • Message 1 of 10

Issues while calling. Call quality is not upto the mark plus network fluctuation is a major problem

2020-08-24, 14:37 PM

Bought this phone yesterday but i am facing issues while calling, The other person to whom i was talking to complained about breaking of my voice. I called many others to confirm this and most of them complained about the same. I was using the same sim card on my previous device without any of these above mentioned issues for last 6 months at the same location.  It really pisses me off when a 'phone' can't even do its basic function for which it is made. Along with that there are some severe problems regarding signal strength. I literally live under the Jio network tower and still  the network bar hover around 2-3 bars. Sometimes its full network at a location and the next second just two bars. This also effects the internet speed, though not significantly. Again, this was not an issue on my previous device. I am not even sure it is a software issue or not. And if it is a hardware issue i am not sure how you guys will fix this. Just confirm that it a software issue or hardware issue and if it a software issue, how long it will take you guys to roll out an update to fix this.

I know exchanging device may not help, so i will have to live with this only. Please motorola do something about this as soon as possible.

Options

2813 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

375 Signins

26185 Page Views

• Views: 26185
  • Message 2 of 10

Re:Issues while calling. Call quality is not upto the mark plus network fluctuation is a major problem

2020-08-26, 11:18 AM

@ Ronnie2527 wrote:

Bought this phone yesterday but i am facing issues while calling, The other person to whom i was talking to complained about breaking of my voice. I called many others to confirm this and most of them complained about the same. I was using the same sim card on my previous device without any of these above mentioned issues for last 6 months at the same location.  It really pisses me off when a 'phone' can't even do its basic function for which it is made. Along with that there are some severe problems regarding signal strength. I literally live under the Jio network tower and still  the network bar hover around 2-3 bars. Sometimes its full network at a location and the next second just two bars. This also effects the internet speed, though not significantly. Again, this was not an issue on my previous device. I am not even sure it is a software issue or not. And if it is a hardware issue i am not sure how you guys will fix this. Just confirm that it a software issue or hardware issue and if it a software issue, how long it will take you guys to roll out an update to fix this.

I know exchanging device may not help, so i will have to live with this only. Please motorola do something about this as soon as possible.

Hi,

I am sorry to know about this and the inconvenience caused. I understand how frustrating it can be when you have just bought the device.

I will try my best to assist you with this. Yes, we have received some reports regarding connectivity issues, however, I would like to confirm your concern if it's the same.

Please let me know which carrier are you using, also reset your Network Settings-- Go to Settings > System > Advanced > Reset option > Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth.

Lastly, try with a different SIM card/different carrier and see if the issue persists. Let me know how it goes, I will be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

19 Posts

08-24-2020

IN

13 Signins

100 Page Views

• Message 3 of 10

Re:Issues while calling. Call quality is not upto the mark plus network fluctuation is a major problem

2020-08-27, 10:54 AM

Hello. Firstly thanks for replying. Yes, I tried the troubleshooting step you mentioned but sadly it made no difference neither in network reception nor in call quality. My current carrier is Jio. Yes, I had tried changing my network carrier to Airtel but the issues regarding network strength and network fluctuations are still present. Can you please confirm, is this a software or hardware issue? And if it is a software issue, can this issue even be resolved through OTA updates? And if your answer is yes for both the questions then how much time it will take you guys to roll out an update? Please reply to my last three questions.

Options

2813 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

375 Signins

26185 Page Views

• Message 4 of 10

2020-08-27, 11:31 AM

@ Ronnie2527 wrote:

Hello. Firstly thanks for replying. Yes, I tried the troubleshooting step you mentioned but sadly it made no difference neither in network reception nor in call quality. My current carrier is Jio. Yes, I had tried changing my network carrier to Airtel but the issues regarding network strength and network fluctuations are still present. Can you please confirm, is this a software or hardware issue? And if it is a software issue, can this issue even be resolved through OTA updates? And if your answer is yes for both the questions then how much time it will take you guys to roll out an update? Please reply to my last three questions.

Thanks for trying! I am unable to tell you if it's a software or hardware issue at the moment, however, I have escalated this to our software engineers.

Please allow us some time to look into and I will get back to you once I get an update from them.

Meanwhile, please update your profile with the current phone, carrier, and the IMEI number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link - https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

19 Posts

08-24-2020

IN

13 Signins

100 Page Views

• Message 5 of 10

2020-08-27, 14:15 PM

I have updated carrier and mobile details but I don't feel safe sharing my IMEI number. Who will be able to see it? Does all the users have access to it through my profile details?

Options

2813 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

375 Signins

26185 Page Views

• Message 6 of 10

2020-08-28, 9:20 AM

@ Ronnie2527 wrote:

I have updated carrier and mobile details but I don't feel safe sharing my IMEI number. Who will be able to see it? Does all the users have access to it through my profile details?

I would like to inform you that it is absolutely safe to share the IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity). It is a unique number for identifying a device on a mobile network. 

However, if you are feeling unsafe to share, you can send me a private message.

Regards,

Suman

Options

19 Posts

08-24-2020

IN

13 Signins

100 Page Views

• Message 7 of 10

2020-08-28, 9:29 AM

This

Screenshot_20200828-145749.png
Options

2813 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

375 Signins

26185 Page Views

• Message 8 of 10

2020-08-31, 11:25 AM

@ Ronnie2527 wrote:

This

The device is already yours and is registered in your name. If you still feel unsafe, please send me a private message. Without the IMEI number, we cannot investigate the concern you are facing.

Thanks,

Suman

Options

19 Posts

08-24-2020

IN

13 Signins

100 Page Views

• Message 9 of 10

2020-08-31, 15:38 PM

Done. Check your inbox

Options

2813 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

375 Signins

26185 Page Views

• Message 10 of 10

2020-09-01, 9:40 AM

@ Ronnie2527 wrote:

Done. Check your inbox

Thanks, I will report your IMEI number as well to our concerned team.

Regards,

Suman

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete