10-13-2020

IN

69 Signins

1765 Page Views

• Views: 1765
  • Message 1 of 5

Mobile data disconnect on incoming call

2020-10-21, 14:59 PM

The VoLTE feature works in an individual sim for both Airtel and Vi.

However upon dual sim usage the VoLTE feature struggles. Despite VoLTE enabled, the device disconnects mobile data in one sim when there is an incoming call in the other sim literally disabling the VoLTE feature. 

I rely on data connectivity heavily. Any suggestion to avoid data disconnect on incoming call?

Options

2884 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

385 Signins

26900 Page Views

• Views: 26900
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:Mobile data disconnect on incoming call

2020-10-22, 14:23 PM

@ Maverick82 wrote:

The VoLTE feature works in an individual sim for both Airtel and Vi.

However upon dual sim usage the VoLTE feature struggles. Despite VoLTE enabled, the device disconnects mobile data in one sim when there is an incoming call in the other sim literally disabling the VoLTE feature. 

I rely on data connectivity heavily. Any suggestion to avoid data disconnect on incoming call?

Hi, 

Thanks for posting! It is most likely working as expected, however, I would like to confirm it with our concerned team.

Please allow me some time, I will get back to you.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

42 Posts

10-13-2020

IN

69 Signins

1765 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2020-10-31, 6:59 AM

The problem is not yet completely solved. Enabling allow the sim to be used for data on call allow the data pass through the second sim. With this you can browse in your mobile while on call in second sim but it is not reflected in the hotspot. In addition the switching disconnects the data transiently in mobile itself.

I am using the mobile hotspot for video confrence/ team meetings from my laptop. The mobile hotspot data  disconnects when there is an incomming call in second sim. Only solution seams to be removing the second sim which defeat the purpose. any other suggestions? 

Probably moto can introduce a work mode to keep the distractions to minimal similar to gamming  mode.

Options

2884 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

385 Signins

26900 Page Views

• Views: 26900
  • Message 4 of 5

2020-11-03, 12:16 PM

@ Maverick82 wrote:

The problem is not yet completely solved. Enabling allow the sim to be used for data on call allow the data pass through the second sim. With this you can browse in your mobile while on call in second sim but it is not reflected in the hotspot. In addition the switching disconnects the data transiently in mobile itself.

I am using the mobile hotspot for video confrence/ team meetings from my laptop. The mobile hotspot data  disconnects when there is an incomming call in second sim. Only solution seams to be removing the second sim which defeat the purpose. any other suggestions? 

Probably moto can introduce a work mode to keep the distractions to minimal similar to gamming  mode.

I would like to inform you that this device model doesn't support Dual VoLTE, so while on a call, VoLTE or data will drop off in the 2nd SIM.

I have confirmed, it is working as expected.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

42 Posts

10-13-2020

IN

69 Signins

1765 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2020-11-03, 17:42 PM

@Agent_Suman 

Do you really know that you are in support division than in marketting. Try to hear from us too. While vivo is doing in offline stores moto is doing in online  forum.

Dont try to convince us to live another 3 year with a mobile without reliable internet connection. rather pull up your sofware division to provide us with good connectivity. What is point of having dual sim if it doesn't support dual volte. Dual VoLTE is common feature of all midrange phones. The 730G X15 Modem supports it.  Ask your  software team work on it to provide us with dual volte support ASAP. 

Dont push us to the extremum of unlocking the bootloader and trying custom rom this early.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete