Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola one Phonesmotorola one fusion+
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

09-14-2020

India

4 Signins

55 Page Views

• Views: 55
  • Message 1 of 10

Pop-up Camera Issue

2020-09-14, 10:29 AM

It's been a few days since I have been using Moto One Fusion Plus. Everything is great other than the fact that the pop-up camera comes out during an incoming video call (WhatsApp, Duo) when the display is off even without responding to the call. However, the pop-up camera doesn't come out when the display is on.
This can lead to damage to the pop-up camera if we receive a video call when the phone is in the pocket or any other enclosed space. 
I hope that you will look into this matter and find a patch for it as soon as possible. 
Thank you. 

Options

2999 Posts

04-04-2018

India

404 Signins

27725 Page Views

• Views: 27725
  • Message 2 of 10

Re:Pop-up Camera Issue

2020-09-14, 10:58 AM

@ enaksheekhan wrote:

It's been a few days since I have been using Moto One Fusion Plus. Everything is great other than the fact that the pop-up camera comes out during an incoming video call (WhatsApp, Duo) when the display is off even without responding to the call. However, the pop-up camera doesn't come out when the display is on.
This can lead to damage to the pop-up camera if we receive a video call when the phone is in the pocket or any other enclosed space. 
I hope that you will look into this matter and find a patch for it as soon as possible. 
Thank you. 

Hi,

Thanks for posting! We are aware and have already reported this to our concerned team. They are looking into this, however, I cannot promise if there will be a fix on this in the future. 

If I receive updates on this, I will get back to you.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

41 Posts

09-29-2014

India

25 Signins

391 Page Views

• Views: 391
  • Message 3 of 10

2020-09-14, 11:03 AM

Dear Motorola team,

Find a solution as early as possible as lots of people facing same issue.

-Amit

Options

1 Posts

09-14-2020

India

12 Signins

80 Page Views

• Views: 80
  • Message 4 of 10

Pop up camera and security updates

2020-09-14, 11:13 AM

Pop up camera pops up even before call is recieved, this will cause serious damage to the pop up mechanism while the phone is resting in pockets. Please look into the matter.

And why the security updates are not being pushed?? Last update was july amd now this is September and am still waiting for august security patch.

Options

4 Posts

09-14-2020

India

4 Signins

55 Page Views

• Message 5 of 10

Pop-up Camera noise

2020-09-15, 17:57 PM

I have been using Motorola One Fusion Plus for the past few days. I found one issue I am concerned about. 
When I switch my camera from the front camera to the rear camera during a video call (WhatsApp, Duo, Skype, etc.) a shrieking mechanic noise occurs as the pop-up camera pops up and goes back inside and this is heard by the person who is on the other end of the call.
I video called in a different device from my phone and I then heard the noise myself. It is quite annoying and can get on the nerves of the person who is on the other end. 

Is somebody else also experiencing this? Or is this just a hardware fault and I need to request for a replacement? 

Kindly get back to me ASAP. 

Options

4 Posts

09-14-2020

India

4 Signins

55 Page Views

• Message 6 of 10

2020-09-15, 18:01 PM
I hope you understand the need for a patch for this issue as this issue may lead to serious and permanent hardware damage to the phone. Please get to be at the earliest possible. Thank you.
Options

10 Posts

09-04-2020

India

19 Signins

160 Page Views

• Views: 160
  • Message 7 of 10

Re:Pop-up Camera noise

2020-09-16, 7:18 AM

Hi! 

I did not faced this problem on Motorola one fusion plus. Though I had checked several times but not seen any issues about pop up camera sound heard by the other person. I had check on Whatsapp, Skype, and Carrier Video calling. 

You can check one option that in sound setting to turn off pop up sound. 

@nk!t
Options

41 Posts

09-29-2014

India

25 Signins

391 Page Views

• Views: 391
  • Message 8 of 10

2020-09-21, 7:59 AM

Hi, I have tried as per your suggestion but still pop up camera opened in pocket while whatsapp video call as well as google duo. I think Motorola should come with solution.

Amit.

Options

4 Posts

04-12-2016

Mexico

5 Signins

37 Page Views

• Views: 37
  • Message 9 of 10

2021-11-25, 10:31 AM

Today I've tested my Fusion+ for the issue mentioned here but there is none. Frankly, I'm not used to video calls so I haven't the chance to notice if there it was before. Probably it was fixed in September or November 2021 security patches without me noticing (I'm still on Android 10 thanks to AT&T by the way)... However I do have an issue with pop up camera not turning off its pop up sound. I thought it could be a common issue but I've found no one else anywhere sharing this flaw. Probably something I can live with, but if someone had experienced pop up camera sound always on issue and found a way how to fix it, please, share the solution. If any.

Options

153 Posts

09-11-2019

United States of America

61 Signins

2735 Page Views

• Views: 2735
  • Message 10 of 10

2021-11-25, 19:29 PM

@ CNK80Q3MX wrote:

Today I've tested my Fusion+ for the issue mentioned here but there is none. Frankly, I'm not used to video calls so I haven't the chance to notice if there it was before. Probably it was fixed in September or November 2021 security patches without me noticing (I'm still on Android 10 thanks to AT&T by the way)... However I do have an issue with pop up camera not turning off its pop up sound. I thought it could be a common issue but I've found no one else anywhere sharing this flaw. Probably something I can live with, but if someone had experienced pop up camera sound always on issue and found a way how to fix it, please, share the solution. If any.

Hi @ CNK80Q3MX

Thanks for sharing your feedback here and we would like to help with the problem that you've mentioned. When you say that the pop-up sound is not turning off, is it happening while the camera is retracted? Are you using the preloader camera application? If yes, is this also happening to a 3rd-party camera app? For now, we can do some basic troubleshooting steps that might help resolve this concern. Please try the following step provided below:

1. Update all applications: Go to Google Play Store > Menu > Manage apps & device > under Updates available, tap "Update all"
  2. Clear Storage & Cache (Camera): Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > See all "xx" apps > Camera> Storage & cache > Tap "Clear Storage and Clear Cache
  3. Uninstall Previous Update (Camera): Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > See all "xx" apps > Camera > Uninstall Update
  4. Run a diagnostic test on Device Help: Go to Device Help App > Device Diagnosis > Hardware Test > Full Test. 

To get the most accurate result, we recommend running diagnostic tests in Safe Mode. Safe mode starts the device without any third-party apps running. To boot into Safe mode, press the physical power key, touch and hold Power off, touch OK when Reboot to Safe mode appears. While in Safe mode, please check and observe if the same issue persists. 

Best regards,
Mike
Motorola Support

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms