Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola one Phonesmotorola one fusion+
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

03-22-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 5

Recovery mode doesn't have "Wipe cache" option

2021-03-22, 14:32 PM

My Motorola One Fusion+ recovery mode doesn't have "Wipe cache" option (image) although on the internet it says that it has.
It doesn't even have the cache in "Storage" (image).

What is happening and how I clear the cache ?

Options

2245 Posts

11-24-2020

India

227 Signins

23875 Page Views

• Views: 23875
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:Recovery mode doesn't have "Wipe cache" option

2021-03-23, 10:13 AM

Hi Plethonis

Welcome to Motorola Forums. Sorry to inform your phone no longer has the option to clear the system cache partition because it uses the new Seamless (A: B) update process. The OS no longer caches system updates. This is why there is no clear cache partition in the Recovery menu.

Starting with Android 8.0 (oreo) the option to clear all app cache from the storage options was removed. There are still two ways you can clear the app cache. You can go to each app individually and clear cache on an app-by-app basis, or you can use any 3rd party application to clean junk files. Can you share the link where it mentioned it support clear cache on your phone? So we can check and assist you further. 

Thanks

Sunitha

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

2021-03-26, 9:29 AM

Since you can access the recovery, I expect you know how to use adb and fastboot.

You can go into fastboot mode via recovery and connect the phone to PC.

Now open ADB and type fastboot devices

If your device is recognised, just enter command : fastboot erase cache

This will erase the stored cache on your phone, now enter: fastboot reboot to reboot into system, you've successfully cleared your cache

Options

1 Posts

08-04-2021

United States of America

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 4 of 5

2021-08-04, 19:04 PM

UGH! Why would that option be taken away. Now, instead of one process, we have to do as many processes as we have apps?!?

Options

2245 Posts

11-24-2020

India

227 Signins

23875 Page Views

• Views: 23875
  • Message 5 of 5

2021-08-05, 9:12 AM

Hi jome

Welcome to Motorola Forums. I understand your concern. I will take this as feedback and pass it along. Sorry to say starting with Android 8.0 (oreo) the option to clear all app cache from the storage options was removed. However, you can use any 3rd party application to clean junk files. Please don't hesitate to post again in case you need further assistance. We are here to help!

Thanks

Sunitha

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms