10-24-2020

CO

4 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 4

Screen brightness goes completely dark below ~60%

2020-10-24, 15:21 PM

My phone received an update two days ago, and if I recall correctly it was a google play system update. I'm not sure if that's the root of the issue but there's a correlation atleast, because I also recieved that update roughly two days ago. 

I have tried turning night light off and I even reset my phone to no luck, since the problem still persists. 

I want to emphasize the screen goes completely dark, it's not too dim or anything, its pitch black! Last night I accidentally turned the brightness down to like 20% and I couldn't see a thing so I wasn't able to turn it up again on my own, I actually had to use google's assistant to turn it up again to 100%

It seems like it's a software related issue because I tried to record the screen with a screen recorder and it obviously catch the issue when below ~60% brightness. So I hope this can be fixed with a simple tweak or a system update. 

Also as a side note, I don't have any updates available, I just checked.

Current build number is: QPLS30.62.22-5
Security patch level: Septemeber 1, 2020
However, google play system latest update is from March 1, 2020. Even though I clearly recall it asking me to reboot to install a new update two days ago.

Solved! See the solution
Options

2 Posts

10-24-2020

CO

4 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Screen brightness goes completely dark below ~60%

2020-10-26, 1:10 AM

Bump! Still having this issue

Options

2884 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

384 Signins

26895 Page Views

• Views: 26895
  • Message 3 of 4

2020-10-28, 7:55 AM

@ Narsell wrote:

My phone received an update two days ago, and if I recall correctly it was a google play system update. I'm not sure if that's the root of the issue but there's a correlation atleast, because I also recieved that update roughly two days ago. 

I have tried turning night light off and I even reset my phone to no luck, since the problem still persists. 

I want to emphasize the screen goes completely dark, it's not too dim or anything, its pitch black! Last night I accidentally turned the brightness down to like 20% and I couldn't see a thing so I wasn't able to turn it up again on my own, I actually had to use google's assistant to turn it up again to 100%

It seems like it's a software related issue because I tried to record the screen with a screen recorder and it obviously catch the issue when below ~60% brightness. So I hope this can be fixed with a simple tweak or a system update. 

Also as a side note, I don't have any updates available, I just checked.

Current build number is: QPLS30.62.22-5
Security patch level: Septemeber 1, 2020
However, google play system latest update is from March 1, 2020. Even though I clearly recall it asking me to reboot to install a new update two days ago.

Hi,

Sorry to know about your concern and thanks for reporting this. Honestly, this is unusual and I would like to report your issue to our concerned team.

Please generate a Bug Report and share it with me. I would like them to look into it. Here are the steps:

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]

2. After the above steps Developer options will be enabled.

3. Go to Settings ->System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On

4. Enable Settings -> System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On

5. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power-down menu.

6. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.

7. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the bug report on the forums in a reply.

8. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time. 

I will be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

2884 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

384 Signins

26895 Page Views

• Views: 26895
  • Message 4 of 4

2020-10-29, 10:36 AM

@ Narsell wrote:

Bump! Still having this issue

I would like to inform you that this issue is a hardware problem. I reported this issue earlier to the respective team and unfortunately, your device needs to be repaired or exchanged.

Please let me know if you need assistance with our Service Center.

P.S: there is no need for a bug report.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete