Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola one Phonesmotorola one fusion+
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

04-08-2021

Serbia

12 Signins

80 Page Views

• Views: 80
  • Message 1 of 8

Scrolling animation lag

2021-04-08, 4:45 AM

Helly everyone, 

Firstly I'd like to say that I am mostly very satisfied with my phone, I bought it in October and the only thing that had really been bugging me is the very choppy scrolling animation. The thing is, it only happens when scrolling horizontally, so when changing between two home screens and especially when scrolling in an icon folder, it gets very choppy.

Scrolling vertically in apps is very smooth and dropping the notification bar down is mostly smooth. When scrolling between home screens the first couple of scrolls are usually extremely choppy and it gets a bit better after that, while icon folder scrolling is very choppy most of the time, if not all the time.

I would really appreciate it if you could help me out or give me some kind of solution to it. 

Options

630 Posts

11-24-2020

India

99 Signins

9105 Page Views

• Views: 9105
  • Message 2 of 8

Re:Scrolling animation lag

2021-04-08, 8:07 AM

@ Cofi023 wrote:

Helly everyone, 

Firstly I' like to say that I am mostly very satisfied with my phone, I bought it in October and the only thing that had really been bugging me is the very choppy scrolling animation. The thing is, it only happens when scrolling horizontally, so when changing between two home screens and especially when scrolling in an icon folder, it gets very choppy.

Scrolling vertically in apps is very smooth and dropping the notification bar down is mostly smooth. When scrolling between home screens the first couple of scrolls are usually extremely choppy and it gets a bit better after that, while icon folder scrolling is very choppy most of the time, if not all the time.

I would really appreciate it if you could help me out or give me some kind of solution to it. 

Hi, 

Welcome to Motorola Forums. Sorry to know about this. I will do my best to help you with this. I would suggest you try to remove the screen protector/screen guard if you are using it. See if that helps. If you still face the same, please test your phone in Safe Mode. Safe Mode starts the device without any third-party applications being started. This will allow you to open apps individually to try and determine which app may be causing the issue.

To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up, reboot the device to get back to normal mode. Let us know what you'll find out.

Thanks

Sunitha

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

4 Posts

04-08-2021

Serbia

12 Signins

80 Page Views

• Message 3 of 8

2021-04-08, 14:18 PM

I tested it in safe mode and the same happened, could even be worse than normal. I couldn't record in safe mode since the app wouldn't work, but i recorded the screen outside of safe mode. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ShxBSUVAWs

Edit: Oh and I don't have a screen protector. 

Options

630 Posts

11-24-2020

India

99 Signins

9105 Page Views

• Message 4 of 8

2021-04-09, 6:45 AM

@ Cofi023 wrote:

I tested it in safe mode and the same happened, could even be worse than normal. I couldn' record in safe mode since the app wouldn' work, but i recorded the screen outside of safe mode. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ShxBSUVAWs

Edit: Oh and I don' have a screen protector. 

Hi, 

Thank you for testing the phone in safe mode and for sharing the sample video. Can you please try clearing the Launcher application cache and data? To clear the app cache and data, go to Setting>> Apps and Notifications>>App info >>Particular Application>>Force stop>> Click ok>> storage >>Clear cache/data. Restart the phone post this. Let us know how it goes. Meanwhile, I will also check on this and help you further. 

Thanks

Sunitha

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

4 Posts

04-08-2021

Serbia

12 Signins

80 Page Views

• Message 5 of 8

2021-04-09, 13:11 PM

I did what you suggested and it's still the same...

I forgot to mention that I did a factory reset not too long ago and after that it was better in the beginning but after some time it became choppy again, I'm not completely sure but it might have gotten like that when I turned Adaptive Performance on, although I'm really not sure if that has anything to do with it. 

Options

630 Posts

11-24-2020

India

99 Signins

9105 Page Views

• Message 6 of 8

2021-04-09, 14:29 PM

@ Cofi023 wrote:

I did what you suggested and it' still the same...

I forgot to mention that I did a factory reset not too long ago and after that it was better in the beginning but after some time it became choppy again, I' not completely sure but it might have gotten like that when I turned Adaptive Performance on, although I' really not sure if that has anything to do with it. 

Hi, 

I appreciate your efforts. I would like to look into this further. Can you please update your profile with the current phone, carrier, and IMEI number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please go through the link here.

Also, please share a  bug report. So we can check and help you further. Please go through the instructions to generate a bug report: 

To enable developer options:

1. Go to Settings > About phone > Build number
  2. Tap Build number seven times. After the first few taps, you should see the steps counting down until you unlock the developer options. Once activated, you will see a message that reads, “You are now a developer!”
  3. Go back to Settings, where you’ll find a Developer options entry in the menu

Steps on how to generate a Bug Report:

Go to Settings -> System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On

Enable Settings ->System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On

Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> System -> Advanced ->Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power-down menu.

Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.

Then upload the Bug Report to your personal Google Drive and then share the link of the Bug Report via Private Message.

Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken.

Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior. I look forward to your response.

Thanks

Sunitha

Options

24 Posts

10-28-2020

India

81 Signins

950 Page Views

• Views: 950
  • Message 7 of 8

Scrolling animation lag

2021-04-09, 19:08 PM
@Cofi023 In the YouTube video that you have linked, it appears as if the screen casting symbol is being displayed in the notification area of the status bar at the top. Does this issue happen even when the screen casting is not ON?
Options

4 Posts

04-08-2021

Serbia

12 Signins

80 Page Views

• Message 8 of 8

2021-04-10, 0:55 AM

Screen casting is on because the screen is being recorded, but yeah this happens all the time, not just then. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)