Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola one Phonesmotorola one fusion+
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

04-07-2021

India

7 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 13

Suggestion to improve user experience of Motorola one fusion plus.

2021-04-07, 13:06 PM

The proximity sensor of motorola one fusion plus does not start working until we pick up a receiving call, so it does not turn off the screen initially when a call is coming, due to which when the device is in pocket and we take it out while getting a call then many a times the call is picked itself due to rubbing of device while it is taken out. This problem is mainly faced when I use the device without cover. It would be really beneficial if motorola team could allow proximity sensor to work from starting when the call is received, by a software update. 

Options

1528 Posts

11-24-2020

India

168 Signins

17950 Page Views

• Views: 17950
  • Message 2 of 13

Re:Suggestion to improve user experience of Motorola one fusion plus.

2021-04-08, 7:56 AM

Hi Bharti18,

Welcome to Motorola Forums. We will take your concern as feedback and pass it along. Please don't hesitate to post again in case you need further assistance. We are here to help! 

Thanks

Sunitha

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

7 Posts

01-30-2021

India

72 Signins

385 Page Views

• Views: 385
  • Message 3 of 13

2021-04-14, 5:45 AM

In peek display, especially for messages can we have the delete option also included (currently it is only mark read, dismiss, quick reply) for deleting directly rather than opening the message for the same.

Thanks

Options

1528 Posts

11-24-2020

India

168 Signins

17950 Page Views

• Message 4 of 13

2021-04-14, 7:23 AM

@ SSJois wrote:

In peek display, especially for messages can we have the delete option also included (currently it is only mark read, dismiss, quick reply) for deleting directly rather than opening the message for the same.

Thanks

Hi, 

Thank you for sharing the suggestion. We're always looking to make improvements and your feedback is truly valued. I'll make sure it's passed along to the concerned team.

Thanks

Sunitha

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

7 Posts

01-30-2021

India

72 Signins

385 Page Views

• Message 5 of 13

2021-05-24, 18:53 PM

Proximity sensor does not work when we are on a call. During a call the screen goes dark due to the proximity sensor and in case i need to operate the phone i need to unlock it or click on the any button to activate the screen.

As I move the phone away from the ear during a call the screen should automatically get activated and not remain dark. 

Is there some proximity setting I am missing or is it a bug.

Thanks

Options

1528 Posts

11-24-2020

India

168 Signins

17950 Page Views

• Message 6 of 13

2021-05-25, 7:33 AM

Hi SSJois

Thanks for writing to us. Sorry to know about this. I will try my best to help you with this. I would like to inform you that the Proximity sensor should turn the screen off while on a call. This should help avoid accidental touches and potential hang-ups and also, yes, you are correct when you move the phone away while on the call screen should get activated. 

In this case, I would suggest you try testing the Proximity Sensor in the Device Help application? To test the sensor, open the device help application in menu>>Fix>>Hardware Test>>Sensor>>Tap on the 'BEGIN TEST'  and check is it working or not. Let me know how it goes. 

Thanks

Sunitha

Options

7 Posts

01-30-2021

India

72 Signins

385 Page Views

• Message 7 of 13

2021-05-25, 7:56 AM
Thanks for the help, i tested the proximity sensor as you suggested and it was working well. As i have informed you earlier while i take the call the sensor works and the screen goes dark but as i move away to try and tap some other app then the screen does not get activated. I need to use finger print sensor or the physical buttons to activate the screen. Let me know if its a glitch others have also faced or it is with my particular handset. Thanks once again for the support.
Options

1528 Posts

11-24-2020

India

168 Signins

17950 Page Views

• Message 8 of 13

2021-05-26, 6:51 AM

Hi SSJois

Thank you for testing the sensor in the Help application. There is no such glitch with this device and it should turn the screen ON when you move the phone away from the ear while on call without pressing the power button. I would suggest you make sure you are not covering the proximity sensor of the device on the top left side near the earpiece. Ensure the protective film that ships with the device have been removed. If you are using a case, cover, tempered glass, or screen protector on the device, try removing and check the device without it. Let me know what you will find out. 

Thanks

Sunitha

Options

7 Posts

01-30-2021

India

72 Signins

385 Page Views

• Message 9 of 13

2021-05-26, 7:56 AM

Hi Sunitha,

Thank you for the suggestions. We are getting back to the level of "power of the computer and restart again to check if the system works" :-) :-)

Will keep an eye out for the proximity sensor and ensure nothing is blocking it except my ear/face :-)

thanks once again for the support.

warm regards

SSJois

Options

1528 Posts

11-24-2020

India

168 Signins

17950 Page Views

• Message 10 of 13

2021-05-27, 14:46 PM

Hi SSJois

Thank you for confirming! Please keep us update/ let us know if you are still facing the same. So I can check and help you further. I will keep monitoring this thread.

Thanks

Sunitha 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms