Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola one Phonesmotorola one fusion+
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

04-30-2021

Italy

4 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 1 of 5

Unbelievable problem on Motorola One Fusion plus!

2021-04-30, 17:30 PM

Hello everyone, greetings from Italy, and precisely from Rome! I help myself through Google Translate, forgive my mistakes.

Nobody has been able to help me, this is my last chance and I will try to be as clear as I can.

I don't want to give up because I've always been a Motorola fan ...

I changed 3 One Fusion Plus smartphones and they all gave the same problem. I explain everything:

When I make a call, the classic "tu tu tu" ring, feels as if it is fried, or otherwise disturbed. Even the voice of the person I call, when he speaks I hear this slight annoyance below.

I have done all the various cross-tests, and I list them clearly:

• thinking it may be the operator line (so I changed 5 different operators!)
  • I did a reset thinking it may be a conflict with some app
  • I tried to make calls after the reset, without installing anything and inserting the "clean" phone
  • i put my sim on another phone to find out if it is a line disturbance problem from my operator
  • I thought it might be a speaker capsule problem, so I tried to listen in "hands-free" but the noise can also be heard from the speaker below. So I also ruled out a glitch with the main speaker capsule!

The problem has always remained, but I understand where it comes from!

This disturbance is heard only when there is NOISE IN THE ENVIRONMENT IN WHICH I AM!

In short: if I am in a room alone, with no noise in the room, this disturbance never shows up!

But if I go out on the balcony, I'm on the street, this disturbance returns! I also made an absurd test: I asked a friend to come into the room and while I was making the call I asked him to talk all the time. When he spoke the disturbance showed up, when he finished speaking the disturbance disappeared and the call was completely clear and without any background noise!

I cannot take it to service because it is a new smartphone of only 3 days, I have replaced it 3 times but the problem has remained the same!
Could you please help me?

Thank you very much everyone, I hope you have some ideas or advice ...

Options

1 Posts

05-01-2021

Portugal

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:Unbelievable problem on Motorola One Fusion plus!

2021-05-01, 11:02 AM

I can confirm this. I was wondering why it happened because it seemed random and its very annoying seeing that the phone is brand new!!!
Thank you for the bug testing, Lenovo should pay you :)

Can you test one other thing please? Can you make a phone call using a wired headset/headphones with mic? The sound cuts in and out throuout the call (consistently) only when using wired headphones/mic. Completely Random also... happens with every headset i've tried (6 tried with same results, from budget ones to expensive ones). Bluetooth seems ok.

There are more people complaining about this here.

Also, i was shocked to read the reply by moderators here in the forum, The static at low volume bug (software bug or faulty engineering): its unnaceptable that these come faulty out of the box. I was shocked that the official team replied "The static at low volume, while it's clearly bothering some people, it's expected.". Not expected, nor it should be. We dont pay for new equipement thats working partially, i've had Sony, Xiaomi, Samsung, LG, Nokia, Lumia,etc, and none had this happened this those phones so its not "expected". I understand the support team replies here are only trying to help but in this case i hope it was just a case of bad choice of wording.

This is a great equipment but with crucial flaws, im hoping A11 will fix these issues, if not i'm returning the phone. The equipment is not working as it should out of the box, and this is not acceptable. Sending it to service will not fix things that will keep happening so thats not an option.

So, resuming, and hoping some admin/moderator/support team will read this and update on the following issues, already reported here in the forum and happening to several users:
- The static at low volume

- Sound cutting / breaking consistently on and off during calls using wired headset (any kind/price/model)

- Frying/shrieking sound wile phone dialing (even before someone answers the call!) and during call as explained in this original post

Sorry for hijacking the your post
regards
E.

Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Views: 178190
  • Message 3 of 5

2021-05-01, 15:34 PM

Hi Ivas

We'd like to help you with this. Can you please confirm if these are VOLTE/4G calls or regular calls? Try turning off your mobile data and WiFi during phone calls. Does it also happen with other contacts?  Can you please update your forum profile with the current IMEI or Serial number from your device and let us know if we can look at some things from our end as well. See here for the instruction. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Privacy > Motorola Privacy. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

2 Posts

04-30-2021

Italy

4 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 4 of 5

2021-05-01, 17:15 PM
Hello! Thanks Edinacio and thanks Rich. 
You are the only ones since I have this problem who are at least tending some solutions.

I answer the questions:

• Yes, I confirm that these are regular calls and not over the internet (so don't call whatsapp and the like).
  • I had also done the test you suggested, which is to turn off wifi, mobile data and even bluetooth. The problem of audio noise remains on all models tested!
  • Yes, I confirm that it happens by calling any contact (both mobile and landline)

I summarize the situation for clarity:

the audio noise remains (it seems that it sizzles at the sound "tu tu tu" and then even when the person answers the disturbed voice is heard (although in this case it is a minor thing, but still annoying).

I have discovered and can officially state that this annoyance occurs ONLY if I am in the vicinity of noises in the room, on the street, etc. If there is absolute silence, however, there is no disturbance of those listed by me.

I also did this stupid test: I took a friend of mine and put him in my own room making him count, I made a test phone call and the noise shows up. During the same phone call I asked my friend in my room to stop counting, and the same phone call becomes clear and without this noise. I do it again to count (always with the same phone call in progress) and the background noise returns!

It is not the broken ear capsule, because any loud internet audio sounds very good without any discomfort.

I repeat that I tried 3 identical phones, the problem occurred with all 3 Motorola One Fusion plus models!

I write here the 2 IMIEI codes of the 2 models currently at home:

***removed****

***removed****

Note: Pot edited and removed the IMEI number for privacy. - Sunitha 

Options

1600 Posts

11-24-2020

India

172 Signins

18520 Page Views

• Views: 18520
  • Message 5 of 5

2021-05-04, 14:14 PM

Hi Ivas

Thank you for updating the profile. I would like to look into this further. If you are able to duplicate the same on Speakerphone, I would request you share the short video of the issue. So I can check and assist you further.  I look forward for your response.

Thanks

Sunitha

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms