07-30-2020

IN

20 Signins

215 Page Views

• Views: 215
  • Message 1 of 15

[issue]Not able to save changes made by Google photo

2020-08-04, 13:29 PM

I encountered a weird problem today as I was trying to save changes made to a photo using google photo app. 

The error message said unable to save changes. I save the camera photo in my SD card. If the photo is in phone memory then the app is able to save the changes.

The workaround found is to save a copy and then delete the original if not needed using the three dot button at the top right corner.

Options

2536 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

352 Signins

23825 Page Views

• Views: 23825
  • Message 2 of 15

Re:[issue]Not able to save changes made by Google photo

2020-08-10, 11:05 AM

@ Dabbu_G wrote:

I encountered a weird problem today as I was trying to save changes made to a photo using google photo app. 

The error message said unable to save changes. I save the camera photo in my SD card. If the photo is in phone memory then the app is able to save the changes.

The workaround found is to save a copy and then delete the original if not needed using the three dot button at the top right corner.

Hi,

May I know which mode of photos are these or are those normal photos? Also, please make sure the camera app is updated.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

20 Posts

07-30-2020

IN

20 Signins

215 Page Views

• Message 3 of 15

2020-08-10, 14:21 PM

Everything is updated and i am talking about photos taken from the camera. I have selected to save the pic in sd card. If i edit the pic, i cant save that.

Please ask new questions, i am here to help you understand the problem.

Options

2536 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

352 Signins

23825 Page Views

• Message 4 of 15

2020-08-12, 9:20 AM

@ Dabbu_G wrote:

Everything is updated and i am talking about photos taken from the camera. I have selected to save the pic in sd card. If i edit the pic, i cant save that.

Please ask new questions, i am here to help you understand the problem.

Please try these steps-- From the photos app > tap on the profile pic top right > photos settings > SD access > follow the steps. Test again.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

20 Posts

07-30-2020

IN

20 Signins

215 Page Views

• Message 5 of 15

2020-08-12, 10:53 AM

On which phone I have to try these steps? As on moto one fusion plus there is nothing called SD access once I go to photo setting following your instructions. And all my apps including phone firmware is upto date (screenshots attached for your convenience)

Screenshot_20200812-161506.png Screenshot_20200812-161746.png
Options

2536 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

352 Signins

23825 Page Views

• Message 6 of 15

2020-08-13, 8:55 AM

@ Dabbu_G wrote:

On which phone I have to try these steps? As on moto one fusion plus there is nothing called SD access once I go to photo setting following your instructions. And all my apps including phone firmware is upto date (screenshots attached for your convenience)

Thanks for sharing the screenshots. The option should be there, may I know how have you formatted your SD card? Is it portable?

Also, please share a screenshot of the Google photos-- click on About Google Photos and share the screenshot.

Regards,

Suman

Options

20 Posts

07-30-2020

IN

20 Signins

215 Page Views

• Message 7 of 15

2020-08-13, 10:04 AM

What do mean by should be there? Isn't it clear from the screenshot I have shared that it's not there? What are we talking about here? Can you please clarify?

I have attached the screenshot you requested. Next time please make a list and ask for a screenshots at one go instead of having all these fruitless and wasted discussion. 

I haven't formatted my sdcard. I inserted a new sdcard and rest is done by the android and please don't come up with a weird solution to format the sdcard as camera is able to save the picture on the same card.

Screenshot_20200813-152930.png
Options

2548 Posts

02-11-2016

US

2987 Signins

55991 Page Views

• Views: 55991
  • Message 8 of 15

2020-08-13, 14:13 PM

@ Dabbu_G wrote:

What do mean by should be there? Isn't it clear from the screenshot I have shared that it's not there? What are we talking about here? Can you please clarify?

I have attached the screenshot you requested. Next time please make a list and ask for a screenshots at one go instead of having all these fruitless and wasted discussion. 

I haven't formatted my sdcard. I inserted a new sdcard and rest is done by the android and please don't come up with a weird solution to format the sdcard as camera is able to save the picture on the same card.

This is very strange. We're not trying to come up with any sort of weird solution. The reason why it's confusing is that every phone I've checked even Pixel 3a which doesn't even have an SD Card slot has that setting the Google Photo app settings. At this time, we're not asking you to format the SD Card, I'm just trying to determine if it's formated as portable or internal storage. Gathering information will allow us to try and figure out what is going on and why you're getting the error.

-Tom

Options

20 Posts

07-30-2020

IN

20 Signins

215 Page Views

• Message 9 of 15

2020-08-14, 2:55 AM

I didn't format the sd card in anyway. 

For SD card access please check with other users if they have the additional option which I am unable to see 

Options

2536 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

352 Signins

23825 Page Views

• Message 10 of 15

2020-08-17, 8:46 AM

@ Dabbu_G wrote:

I didn't format the sd card in anyway. 

For SD card access please check with other users if they have the additional option which I am unable to see 

This is unusual, so we have reported our concerned team regarding this. Allow us time to get back you with a proper solution.

Regards,

Suman

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete