Options

1 Posts

06-07-2020

US

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 3

(2) moto hyper one phones, both have different "up to date" security patches....

2020-06-07, 5:45 AM
Great phone, so i figured hey why not get a second one .. I have 2 moto hyper one phones one blue one pink. Problem is im noticing the pink one says "security patch level: April 1 2020" and the blue one says "security patch level: March 1 2020" . Both Say device "up-to-date". I think the pink one is from North America, and the blue one is from South America/ Latin America (even tho it was purchased new from ebay and sent from texas)... Is this a geological issue, where devices from poor countries dont get the best or most up to date security software because thats what this is looking like....
Options

40 Posts

05-18-2017

US

215 Signins

4666 Page Views

• Views: 4666
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:(2) moto hyper one phones, both have different "up to date" security patches....

2020-06-07, 8:34 AM

If you go to Settings > About phone (which is probably the last item listed under "About phone"), see what it says for "Software Channel". It should say "US Retail".

If one of your phones says "US Retail" and the other indicates something else, then that might explain the difference in software levels.

By the way, your "blue one" is officially known as Deep Sea Blue and your "pink one" is officially known as Fresh Orchid. :)

You didn't mention where/how you acquired the pink one, but the blue one looks like it was purchased from a third-party eBay seller (never-msrp perhaps?). I wonder whether such a purchase includes the usual Motorola US one-year warranty.

Options

19367 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2390 Signins

59373 Page Views

• Views: 59373
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:(2) moto hyper one phones, both have different "up to date" security patches....

2020-06-09, 14:37 PM

@ napa707 wrote:

Great phone, so i figured hey why not get a second one .. I have 2 moto hyper one phones one blue one pink. Problem is im noticing the pink one says "security patch level: April 1 2020" and the blue one says "security patch level: March 1 2020" . Both Say device "up-to-date". I think the pink one is from North America, and the blue one is from South America/ Latin America (even tho it was purchased new from ebay and sent from texas)... Is this a geological issue, where devices from poor countries dont get the best or most up to date security software because thats what this is looking like....

Hi.

There are definitely going to be differences in the updates based on region, but it is not related to "poor" vs. "rich" countries. No matter where we update first, the other countries feel slighted. 

If you can update your profile with the information on the pink phone, and post the build number here, I can see if the issue is for that build or for your specific phone.

• Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate.
  • Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well.
  • Let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems. 
  • Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,

-Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete