Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola one Phonesmotorola one hyper
All Forum Topics
Options

55 Posts

05-18-2017

United States of America

292 Signins

5576 Page Views

• Views: 5576
  • Message 1 of 19

Android 11 Anomalies

2021-05-02, 0:27 AM

Because I had system-level auto updates turned on (auto updating of apps is turned off), early this morning my Moto One Hyper (XT2027-1) automatically updated from Android 10 to Android 11 (Build number RPF31.Q1-21-20-1) with Security Patch Level March 1, 2021 and Google Play system update February 1, 2021. Play Store version is 25.1.24-21[0][PR]370129622 which is claimed to be up to date.

A per the screenshots shown below, it seems that I've traded Google Play Protect Certification for an additional five watts of charging power.

I'm almost afraid to ask, but has anyone experienced this besides me?

Just for clarification, I am using the optional 45 watt Motorola TurboPower Charger, and everything else on the phone appears to be working normally - or at least close to normal.

Thanks in advance for any insight into what's going on here. Personally, I would give up the extra five watts of charging power in exchange for regaining device certification.

Play Protect certification - Device is not certified

TurboPower 50 connected

Options

4519 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

782 Signins

62255 Page Views

• Views: 62255
  • Message 2 of 19

Re:Android 11 Anomalies

2021-05-02, 15:02 PM

Hi FrankNY,

I will try my best to help you fix this. You can try to re-flash your device to its current software update using the repair and smart assistant app for PC. Please perform a backup before re-flashing your phone since this will delete all data like a factory data reset. We hope this helps you. 

Repair and Smart Assistant User guide and download link: https://support.motorola.com/us/en/solution/MS126499

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

55 Posts

05-18-2017

United States of America

292 Signins

5576 Page Views

• Message 3 of 19

2021-05-03, 6:35 AM

Hello Agent_Zeke:

I thank you for your kind reply, but I think that I'm rather not risk loosing data on my phone by running the Rescue and Smart Assistant program, especially given that I have no backup other than whatever Google, Microsoft, and maybe a couple of other software vendors automatically backup in the cloud on my behalf.

Besides, it looks like the Rescue and Smart Assistant program may not be intended for use with the One Hyper.

Entering the phone's serial number into the form at https://support.lenovo.com/in/en/downloads/ds101291 results in a "No Product Found" error message.

Choosing the 'Select Your Product' option and entering either 'XT2027-1' or 'moto one hyper' results in a "Sorry, no products were found that match that query." error message.

Selecting by product (and 'motorola one family') lists six different One-series phones, but the One Hyper isn't among them.

Also, two recent developments suggest that I should maybe just live with the situation as it is.

First off, I checked again yesterday afternoon and guess what? -- According to Google the phone is now specified as "Device is certified". Screenshot below. Please note that I didn't do a thing to cause this change in status to occur. It happened all on its own. And just for the record, please know that I have never rooted, or even attempted to root, the device.

I'll keep an eye on this status over the course of the next couple of weeks or so to ensure that it doesn't change back to "Device is not certified" all on its own.

I'll also check the version number of the Play Store software to ensure that it automatically updates itself in the background periodically as it has always done in the past.

Also, even when the status was given as "Device is not certified", the Play Store (and Google Play Protect) functioned normally. In fact, I updated three or four apps from the Play Store all while the status was given as "Device is not certified". This was done about an hour or so after the phone updated itself from Android 10 to Android 11 -- and the status was given as "Device is not certified" while this updating took place.

My understanding is that the Play Store isn't supposed to be functional with non-certified devices but it sure worked normally for me - no warning messages or any unusual behavior of any kind.

Secondly, with regard to my 45 watt Hyper Charger suddenly morphing into a 50 watt charger, I've noticed that I only receive the "TurboPower 50 connected" message when the phone is powered on when connecting it to the charger.

In contrast, if the phone is powered off when I plug it into the charger, I receive the correct "45w HYPER" message.

As long as it isn't doing any damage to the phone, the charger, or the battery, I think that I can live with that. I'll just consider it to be a "cosmetic error".

Again, thanks for your help on this. I'd love to know whether any other One Hyper owners have experienced either of these issues.

Regards,

Frank.

Rescue and Smart Assistant (LMSA) - Lenovo Support IN

Options

1531 Posts

11-24-2020

India

168 Signins

17975 Page Views

• Views: 17975
  • Message 4 of 19

2021-05-04, 14:03 PM

Hi Frank, 

We are looking into it, please wait once we learn more about this, will get back to you. 

Thanks

Sunitha

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

55 Posts

05-18-2017

United States of America

292 Signins

5576 Page Views

• Message 5 of 19

2021-05-04, 22:18 PM

Thank you!

As documented above, the "Device is not certified" problem has somehow managed to clear itself up (although I'll continue to keep an eye on it), but I'm still very curious about the 50 watt versus 45 watt charger issue.

The charger situation strikes me as being a really strange bug. It's almost as though the wrong firmware, firmware designed for and intended for use with a different phone, somehow got loaded into my One Hyper. OTOH, does Motorola even make a phone that uses a 50 watt charger? I wasn't aware that you did, although I'm not intimately familiar with every model that you currently offer or have offered in the past.

I don't know if it's relevant, but I'd like to mention that I always use the optional 45 watt TurboPower charger and never use the original charger that came bundled in-the-box with the phone.

Frank.

Options

1531 Posts

11-24-2020

India

168 Signins

17975 Page Views

• Message 6 of 19

2021-05-05, 14:47 PM

Hi Frank,

Regarding the Play Protect Certification, I have checked it should be fine and after the Android Updates, it will take a day or two to get it updated.

Also, when you receive the message “TurboPower 50 connected”, please generate the bug report and share it with us. So we can investigate this further. Please go through the instructions below to generate the bug report: 

To enable developer options:

1. Go to Settings > About phone > Build number
  2. Tap Build number seven times. After the first few taps, you should see the steps counting down until you unlock the developer options. Once activated, you will see a message that reads, “You are now a developer!”
  3. Go back to Settings, where you’ll find a Developer options entry in the menu

Steps on how to generate a Bug Report:

Go to Settings -> System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On

Enable Settings ->System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On

Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> System -> Advanced ->Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power-down menu.

Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.

Then upload the Bug Report to your personal Google Drive and then share the link of the Bug Report via Private Message.

Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken.

Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior. I look forward to your response.

Thanks

Sunitha 

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!

Options

55 Posts

05-18-2017

United States of America

292 Signins

5576 Page Views

• Message 7 of 19

2021-05-05, 17:44 PM

Hello AgentSunitha:

I already had 'Developer options' enabled. In fact, 'Developer options' was enabled when the auto update from Android 10 to Android 11 took place. This was because I had enabled 'Developer options' back when I was running Android 10 and the setting carried through from the Android 10 to Android 11 upgrade.

I enabled 'USB debugging'.

I already had 'Bug report shortcut' enabled.

I power cycled the phone.

After the phone was up and running again, I plugged in the charger and used the Power button to generate the bug report. This was at approximately 12:38 PM EDT and the "TurboPower 50 connected" message was displayed on the screen.

I disabled 'USB debugging' and I left 'Bug report shortcut' enabled.

I uploaded the bug report to my Google Drive account and I just sent you a private message with the link.

Thank you!

Frank.

Options

1531 Posts

11-24-2020

India

168 Signins

17975 Page Views

• Message 8 of 19

2021-05-06, 6:35 AM

Hi Frank, 

Thank you for sharing the bug report. I will forward this to the concerned team to look at it. Once I have any new update on this will get back to you. 

Thanks

Sunitha

Options

55 Posts

05-18-2017

United States of America

292 Signins

5576 Page Views

• Message 9 of 19

2021-05-06, 9:11 AM

Hello again AgentSunitha:

Just wanted to mention that the exact message that I'm receiving on my phone when it's powered on when connecting it to the charger, "TurboPower 50 connected", actually appears as a character string in the bug report that I sent to you.

KeyguardIndicationController:
mTransientTextIsError: false
mInitialTextColorState: ColorStateList{mThemeAttrs=nullmChangingConfigurations=0mStateSpecs=[[-16842910], []]mColors=[1308622847, -1]mDefaultColor=-1}
mPowerPluggedInWired: true
mPowerPluggedIn: true
mPowerCharged: false
mChargingSpeed: -1
mChargingWattage: -1
mMessageToShowOnScreenOn: null
mDozing: false
mBatteryLevel: 56
mTextView.getText(): Unlock for all features and data
computePowerIndication(): TurboPower 50 connected

Also, to make things even more interesting, below is a screenshot taken about a half-hour ago where both messages, "45w HYPER" and "TurboPower 50 connected", appear simultaneously on screen.

I can assure you that I did not have two chargers connected to the phone at the same time. :)

Regards,

Frank.

Options

1531 Posts

11-24-2020

India

168 Signins

17975 Page Views

• Message 10 of 19

2021-05-07, 5:28 AM

Hi Frank, 

Thank you for the additional information. I have escalated this issue to the concerned team to look at it. Once I learn more from them, will get back to you. 

Thanks

Sunitha 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms