04-25-2020

US

7 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 31 of 35

Re:Calendar icon

2020-06-05, 13:15 PM
If you use the Nova Launcher you lose all functionality of the rest of the phone. Yes it's an easy fix for the calendar icon but it does not fix the Voicemail default folder and it's still a software, Android 10 UPDATE THAT is Google's issue per Motorola Level 3 support. Spoke to them again this morning. Google is still closed due to the pandemic. Motorola sent tickets about the calendar icon, Voicemail default folder, and the Android 10 UPDATE, and have heard nothing since April 29th per the support I spoke to earlier.
Options

10 Posts

04-25-2020

US

7 Signins

45 Page Views

• Message 32 of 35

2020-06-17, 5:43 AM
So when is Motorola going to step up and do a freaking whole new Android 11 update and get rid of the 10 UPDATE because people are losing their patience. Either they come up with an UPDATE or our other COMMUNITY board that has the Google Pixel, Moto Z4, Moto 7 etc we're all moving on to iPhones kissing Motorola goodbye and GOOGLE goodbye. If Motorola doesn't want to work with the customers and be this incompetent not honor our pleas for a fix I have a 4 letter word for them and a YOU to follow. Fed up. Going on since April. And no one cares but wanna play the blame game. EVERYTHING went wrong when the Android 10 UPDATE happened. The end. Anyone else wanna speak on behalf of Motorola!? Because Google wants to blame you all. Their fix is the Nova Launcher which is so stupid you lose all functionality of your **bleep** phone. Be smart people don't fall for that useless advice. I'm not even a tech, use common sense.
Options

10 Posts

04-25-2020

US

7 Signins

45 Page Views

• Message 33 of 35

2020-06-17, 5:50 AM
Straight from Motorola's page. Where's the Android 11 update then? Be sure when you release the next one it's compatible with ALL CARRIERS VERIZON, T-MOBILE, AT&T, ETC, also you HAVE to be sure it's COMPATIBLE WITH OUR SOFTWARE NOT JUST YOUR HARDWARE! IT HAS TO BE COMPATIBLE WITH EVERY PHONE ON THE MARKET THAT YOU MAKE THIS SOFTWARE FOR. You can't skip around and say well this phone looks like it'll be a good one because it's a higher price and people are buying it more. No it don't work that way! We who can't afford 1-2,000 phones and buy what is in our budget like mine the Moto Z4 is obviously NOT compatible with your Android 10 UPDATE and I expect better very soon and if we all don't see it soon you can see these phones pulled from your biggest retailers because your sells will go down and Apple will skyrocket because why? You stopped listening to us.
Screenshot_20200617-004424.png
Options

58 Posts

08-30-2019

HU

181 Signins

1111 Page Views

• Views: 1111
  • Message 34 of 35

2020-06-17, 16:39 PM

I didn't lose any Moto Action or other in-built functionality, neither the widgets including CircleWatch by using Nova Launcher.

Calendar icon is always up to date, works as expected.

Thus your statements seem not to be valid.

Options

40 Posts

05-18-2017

US

215 Signins

4666 Page Views

• Views: 4666
  • Message 35 of 35

2020-06-18, 4:00 AM

This is the One Hyper forum, so I assume that it's the One Hyper that's being discussed here.

As anyone who owns a One Hyper knows, it ships from the factory (in Wuhan, China, where the current global pandemic is believed to have originated) with Android 10 preinstalled.

As for Android 11, it hasn't been released yet. I would expect that 11 would be pushed out to One Hyper phones sometime between three and six months after it's released.

I can't comment on Nova Launcher because I have no experience with it. I always use the stock launcher, but there are other alternative launchers available in the Google Play Store, well over a dozen actually, including even one from Microsoft, that might help to resolve the calendar icon problem without introducing negative side effects.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete