Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola one Phonesmotorola one hyper
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

01-08-2020

Netherlands

9 Signins

56 Page Views

• Views: 56
  • Message 1 of 8

Camera app crashing

2020-01-24, 20:13 PM

Anyone experiencing the issue that after a day of use of your phone the camera app crashes upon opening? Only resolution seems restarting the phone. It seems that the app is busy processing something undefined on the background as there is a notification visible that the camera is busy with image processing (see attached screenshot). There is no option to stop this process though.

Alternative app "Open Camera" from play store is working while Moto app crashes. This is a workaround, but I like the features of the original app better. Any solution direction welcomed.

Options

Re: Camera app crashing

2020-01-25, 15:45 PM

wrote:

Anyone experiencing the issue that after a day of use of your phone the camera app crashes upon opening? Only resolution seems restarting the phone. It seems that the app is busy processing something undefined on the background as there is a notification visible that the camera is busy with image processing (see attached screenshot). There is no option to stop this process though.

Alternative app "Open Camera" from play store is working while Moto app crashes. This is a workaround, but I like the features of the original app better. Any solution direction welcomed.

Try this

Phone settings>Apps>Camera> Storage and Clear Data and Cache. Then press and hold the power button until the phone restarts. This emulates taking the Battery out and can clear old dirty data out of the Ram that can prevent apps and the system working correctly.

HTH  :)

Options

1 Posts

01-08-2020

Netherlands

9 Signins

56 Page Views

• Message 3 of 8

2020-01-26, 10:47 AM

Thanks for the tip, but not really a feasible solution. 

• Cache is only few kB in size, so I can hardly imagine that the cache is the issue.
  • Rebooting does solve, but by the time that process finishes the subject of the picture I try to make has moved on elsewhere.
  • The app starts acting weirdly every 1 or 2 days, which would require me to reboot every day. That is also a cumbersome procedure to keep up with to have the app ready at your disposal when a photo opportunity raises its head.

My suspicion is that AI processing is causing the app to crash. I have disabled all 'tick marks' in the AI section, with the exception of the Google lens tick mark. At first glance this seems to resolve the issue, but I need to monitor the situation a bit more to make this a firm conclusion.

Meanwhile I am interested to know if other people experience the same when enabling all AI settings in the menu

Options

20124 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2591 Signins

65258 Page Views

• Views: 65258
  • Message 4 of 8

2020-01-28, 14:45 PM

wrote:

Thanks for the tip, but not really a feasible solution. 

• Cache is only few kB in size, so I can hardly imagine that the cache is the issue.
  • Rebooting does solve, but by the time that process finishes the subject of the picture I try to make has moved on elsewhere.
  • The app starts acting weirdly every 1 or 2 days, which would require me to reboot every day. That is also a cumbersome procedure to keep up with to have the app ready at your disposal when a photo opportunity raises its head.

My suspicion is that AI processing is causing the app to crash. I have disabled all 'tick marks' in the AI section, with the exception of the Google lens tick mark. At first glance this seems to resolve the issue, but I need to monitor the situation a bit more to make this a firm conclusion.

Meanwhile I am interested to know if other people experience the same when enabling all AI settings in the menu

Hi.

I've not seen this. If we can get a bug report I can send it to the camera team. (This isn't as complicated as it looks...)

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps Developer options will be enabled and will show in your Settings > System menu.
3. Go to Settings > System > Developer options > Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings > Developer options > Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings > Developer options > Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
6. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
7. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and share the link to the Bug Report via an email to supportforums@motorola.com, and include a note referring to this post so we know what it refers to.
8. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

Thanks!

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

1 Posts

01-08-2020

Netherlands

9 Signins

56 Page Views

• Message 5 of 8

2020-01-28, 16:08 PM
Hi Matt,

Thanks for the extensive answer. Will create a bug report asap. Really looking forward to finding the root cause for this issue.

--Northguy
Options

20124 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2591 Signins

65258 Page Views

• Message 6 of 8

2020-02-03, 18:53 PM

wrote:
Hi Matt,

Thanks for the extensive answer. Will create a bug report asap. Really looking forward to finding the root cause for this issue.

--Northguy

Hi!

Can you see if there's an update in the Play Store for your camera -- and if so, does that resolve this issue? Let me know what camera version you're running, in any event, please.

Regards,

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

1 Posts

01-08-2020

Netherlands

9 Signins

56 Page Views

• Message 7 of 8

2020-02-03, 19:44 PM

Hi Matt,

There is no way for me to check for updates as my hyper is sent back as RMA due to the selfie cam stain issue.

I did check for updates when the issue occurred and there was none for the "camera 2" app. From what I recall, latest update was sept/okt 2019.

I hope to receive my new Hyper by the end of this week and will report back if I experience the same.

Options

20124 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2591 Signins

65258 Page Views

• Message 8 of 8

2020-02-05, 14:43 PM

wrote:

Hi Matt,

There is no way for me to check for updates as my hyper is sent back as RMA due to the selfie cam stain issue.

I did check for updates when the issue occurred and there was none for the "camera 2" app. From what I recall, latest update was sept/okt 2019.

I hope to receive my new Hyper by the end of this week and will report back if I experience the same.

Duh. You told me that too. Sorry.

- Matt

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms