03-27-2020

US

7 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 11 of 28

Re:Wi-Fi Calling is Stuck Enabling

2020-04-01, 1:34 AM
Just going to surface this again for visibility. Hopefully an a rep can give some sort of feedback.
Options

5 Posts

03-27-2020

US

7 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 12 of 28

2020-04-19, 18:01 PM
+1 4/19
Options

4 Posts

03-09-2020

US

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 13 of 28

2020-04-19, 19:58 PM

Confirmed that it doesn't work at this time (on T-Mobile). Very sad, because I like the phone. Check this thread:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/motorola-one-hyper/Possible-VoLTE-and-Wi-Fi-Calling-on-T-Mobile/m-p/5002276?page=1#5010484

Basically, Matt the Admin said that Wi-Fi calling doesn't work with T-Mobile and, while there is a chance that it could be made to work in the future, there are no guarantees. If you need to return the phone, do NOT dawdle, because you only get 14 days.

Options

1 Posts

05-08-2020

US

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 14 of 28

2020-05-08, 16:08 PM

The Motorola One Hyper is not compatible with T-Mobiles WiFi Calling feature. I had to return my phone due to this as this is a make or break feature for me. Where I live I do not get the best of coverage at home and by not being able to talk or text is pointless. From what I was told you have 14 days to get your refund so you may want to act now.

Options

23 Posts

05-18-2017

US

151 Signins

2741 Page Views

• Views: 2741
  • Message 15 of 28

2020-05-09, 14:55 PM

Just took delivery of a One Hyper. I'm on the T-Mobile network - not directly as a T-Mobile customer but through a T-Mobile reseller (MVNO) - and have the same Wi-Fi Calling is stuck "Enabling" situation as others have reported.

This isn't really a problem for me as I usually have good cell coverage wherever I go, plus it came as no surprise since I had read the various posts on the subject prior to ordering the phone. Of course, I wouldn't be upset if some firmware or software update came along that resolved the issue. :)

With regard to the 14-day refund period, I believe it's 30 days if you're a California resident or if you purchased the phone through Motorola's eBay account rather than directly through the Motorola website.

Frank.

Options

5 Posts

03-27-2020

US

7 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 16 of 28

2020-05-13, 16:48 PM
To provide an update; WiFi calling is now working with T-Mobile. This was fixed in the latest update that provides security updates for April. awesome! This is great news. Thanks Motorola Dev team!
Options

23 Posts

05-18-2017

US

151 Signins

2741 Page Views

• Message 17 of 28

2020-05-14, 1:42 AM

I'm not directly a T-Mobile customer whereas markbratanov might be. I'm serviced through a T-Mobile US reseller (MVNO) called Ultra Mobile (UVNV, Inc.). Maybe that makes a difference, I don't know, but my device is still stuck on "Enabling".

Even with the April security updates, and rebooting a few times, both warm boots and cold boots, I still don't have Wi-Fi Calling.

I'm receiving "Error#: ER081 - Unable to Connect".

I notice in Settings, however, that "Carrier video calling" is enabled, whatever that is.

Frank.

Options

18179 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2278 Signins

55537 Page Views

• Views: 55537
  • Message 18 of 28

2020-05-14, 12:25 PM

@ FrankNY wrote:

I'm not directly a T-Mobile customer whereas markbratanov might be. I'm serviced through a T-Mobile US reseller (MVNO) called Ultra Mobile (UVNV, Inc.). Maybe that makes a difference, I don't know, but my device is still stuck on "Enabling".

Even with the April security updates, and rebooting a few times, both warm boots and cold boots, I still don't have Wi-Fi Calling.

I'm receiving "Error#: ER081 - Unable to Connect".

I notice in Settings, however, that "Carrier video calling" is enabled, whatever that is.

Frank.

Hi Frank.

This patch is rolling out now and it's possible you have not yet received it. What build are you on?

-Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

23 Posts

05-18-2017

US

151 Signins

2741 Page Views

• Message 19 of 28

2020-05-15, 7:42 AM

Hello Matt, thank you very much for responding.

Checking on the Motorola Software Update, I get the following.

Your software is up to date

Android version: 10

Current version: QPF30.103-47

Security patch level: April 1, 2020

And under About Phone, Software Channel shows as "US Retail".

I should probably mention that I did successfully register for Wi-Fi Calling with my MVNO (Ultra Mobile), which is information that I presume they pass on to my carrier (T-Mobile).

I guess that I'm just jealous that markbratanov claims that he has gotten Wi-Fi Calling to work and I, with multiple decades of hardcore computer experience, can't. :)

But maybe the problem relates to the fact that I'm not a direct T-Mobile customer.

Or maybe it's related to the fact that although my IEEE 802.11 (Wi-Fi) AP (Access Point) supports both IPv4 and IPv6, the old but still functional (which is why I haven't replaced it) wired (Ethernet) router to which it's connected only supports IPv4 (yes, it's that old). If IPv6 capability is a prerequisite for Wi-Fi Calling to work, than that might explain the situation right there.

By the way, and I certainly don't know just how much software updating/enhancement is likely to be made to the One Hyper, but if I could offer an off-topic (for this thread) suggestion, I would love to see an "NFC" item added to the Quick Settings menu such as I see on some competitor's phones. It would provide a quick and easy way to enable/disable the NFC function so as to save a bit of battery life when it's not needed.

Thanks very much and please do be safe!

Regards,

Frank.

Options

18179 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2278 Signins

55537 Page Views

• Views: 55537
  • Message 20 of 28

2020-05-15, 13:44 PM

@ FrankNY wrote:

Hello Matt, thank you very much for responding.

Checking on the Motorola Software Update, I get the following.

Your software is up to date

Android version: 10

Current version: QPF30.103-47

Security patch level: April 1, 2020

And under About Phone, Software Channel shows as "US Retail".

I should probably mention that I did successfully register for Wi-Fi Calling with my MVNO (Ultra Mobile), which is information that I presume they pass on to my carrier (T-Mobile).

I guess that I'm just jealous that markbratanov claims that he has gotten Wi-Fi Calling to work and I, with multiple decades of hardcore computer experience, can't. :)

But maybe the problem relates to the fact that I'm not a direct T-Mobile customer.

Or maybe it's related to the fact that although my IEEE 802.11 (Wi-Fi) AP (Access Point) supports both IPv4 and IPv6, the old but still functional (which is why I haven't replaced it) wired (Ethernet) router to which it's connected only supports IPv4 (yes, it's that old). If IPv6 capability is a prerequisite for Wi-Fi Calling to work, than that might explain the situation right there.

By the way, and I certainly don't know just how much software updating/enhancement is likely to be made to the One Hyper, but if I could offer an off-topic (for this thread) suggestion, I would love to see an "NFC" item added to the Quick Settings menu such as I see on some competitor's phones. It would provide a quick and easy way to enable/disable the NFC function so as to save a bit of battery life when it's not needed.

Thanks very much and please do be safe!

Regards,

Frank.

Hi Frank.

Thanks for all this detail. Very helpful.

You are on the right software, so I think you are right regarding the MVNO. But I will follow up with the team to see if this is expected.

Regards and good health to you as well!

-Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete