Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola one Phonesmotorola one hyper
All Forum Topics
Options

11 Posts

03-09-2020

United States of America

11 Signins

75 Page Views

• Views: 75
  • Message 1 of 11

YoutubeTV showing black screen on One Hyper

2020-03-09, 18:00 PM

I'm having a weird issue on Motorola One Hyper having YoutubeTV only showing black screen but have sounds. I have uninstalled, reinstall, clear cache, clear data. It still has the same problems. All my other mobile devices do not have issues. I have rebooted, power on and off the phone without any avail. This is a new phone I setup for my dad. 

So far regular Youtube works but only the YouTube TV is not working. For other mobile devices and TV are ok. I also have latest patch from Motorola which is on December 2019. Anyone able to chime in on this?

Options

158 Posts

02-24-2020

United States of America

342 Signins

2795 Page Views

• Views: 2795
  • Message 2 of 11

Re:YoutubeTV showing black screen on One Hyper

2020-03-09, 21:30 PM
I had same issue with Sling after OTA. It looks OK after I did a factory reset (wipe). It works even after rooting
Options

11 Posts

03-09-2020

United States of America

11 Signins

75 Page Views

• Message 3 of 11

2020-03-09, 22:44 PM

I set up the phone for my dad brand new out of box last week. The problem came out brand new setup. I contacted support side a while ago and it was stated that it is related to IMEI that i need to get back to them to register. I'm a little bit confused on that statement, so I will need to contact them again later since I dont have the phone with me.

I wonder if anybody has the same issue as me.

Options

19970 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2535 Signins

63913 Page Views

• Views: 63913
  • Message 4 of 11

2020-03-13, 14:06 PM

Hi.

I tested it and didn't have this issue. Can you show a video of what you are experiencing?

• Matt
Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

11 Posts

03-09-2020

United States of America

11 Signins

75 Page Views

• Message 5 of 11

2020-07-22, 20:48 PM

Just providing update. I just let it have more YoutubeTV updates to come out and OS update to see if it will fix the issue. So far still have similar problem of black screen. Do take note this is "YouTubeTV" this is not the same as the regular YouTube.

Options

1 Posts

09-06-2020

United States of America

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 6 of 11

2020-09-06, 21:44 PM

Hi. We bought 2 exactly same phones but just mine is not reproducing Netflix or Starz. Black Screen with sounds. I'm done, dont know what else to.do

Options

2999 Posts

04-04-2018

India

404 Signins

27725 Page Views

• Views: 27725
  • Message 7 of 11

2020-09-08, 7:50 AM

@ Laura RB wrote:

Hi. We bought 2 exactly same phones but just mine is not reproducing Netflix or Starz. Black Screen with sounds. I'm done, dont know what else to.do

Hi,

Thanks for writing and letting us know! Please perform Clear Cache in your device-- go to Settings > Apps & notifications > App Info > select these apps > Storage > Clear Cache.

Also, make sure these apps are up to date in the Play Store.

Let know how it goes.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

11 Posts

03-09-2020

United States of America

11 Signins

75 Page Views

• Message 8 of 11

2021-02-22, 20:06 PM
Hi Suman, I'm the original one created this post. Just want to let you know that doing clear cache and even up to clear whole data storage on it did NOT resolve this issue. I kept updating the app everytime google release one and do the cache clear and storage clear just to be safe. This did NOT resolve it still. It would be almost exactly 1 year from all the updates till now. Opening a ticket with Google just ask me to send back to work with Motorola as the issue relies on your side as per their comment. I believe this need to be resolved thru OS update. On my side this is happening to YouTubeTV which is their TV service.
Options

964 Posts

11-24-2020

India

138 Signins

13330 Page Views

• Views: 13330
  • Message 9 of 11

2021-02-23, 16:07 PM

@ Sensui wrote:

Hi Suman,I' the original one created this post. Just want to let you know that doing clear cache and even up to clear whole data storage on it did NOT resolve this issue. I kept updating the app everytime google release one and do the cache clear and storage clear just to be safe. This did NOT resolve it still. It would be almost exactly 1 year from all the updates till now. Opening a ticket with Google just ask me to send back to work with Motorola as the issue relies on your side as per their comment. I believe this need to be resolved thru OS update.On my side this is happening to YouTubeTV which is their TV service.

Hi,

Thank you for trying and your efforts are highly appreciated. I would suggest you go to Setting >>display>>Advanced>>Colors>> Try changing options and test if it working. Let me know how it goes.

Thanks

Sunitha

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

11 Posts

03-09-2020

United States of America

11 Signins

75 Page Views

• Message 10 of 11

2021-06-10, 17:55 PM

Just FYI. Upgrading the OS to Android 11 fixed the issue. Looks like Motorola/Lenovo included all the proper digital rights to Android 11. This case can be considered resolved.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms