Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola one Phonesmotorola one macro
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

04-14-2021

India

5 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 8

Android Update Causing Lots of Issues (Android security patch level : February 1, 2021)

2021-04-14, 16:00 PM

Hi,

I am facing the following issues after updating my Motorola one macro (Android security patch level is February 1, 2021):

1) Disconnecting a call by selecting the red button to end the call but the call screen remains there with red button not going anywhere. The call actually disconnects but the mobile screen is still busy showing that the call is going on. The only option to get out of this issue is to restart the phone. Even after restart the same issue comes with another call and this loop goes on.

2) SD card is not getting recognized. After this android update the mobile asked to format the SD card and I did. But even then its having difficulty to recognize the SD card.

3) Today on 14th April 2021, the phone went on a restart loop when to resolve the issue present at number 1) position here, I restarted the phone. Then I removed the SD card and somehow this issue got under control.

To summarize, the latest android/security update for Motorola one macro is not tested properly. Please provide this information to the development team and provide us customers the old stable android software.

Options

15 Posts

05-31-2017

India

18 Signins

89 Page Views

• Views: 89
  • Message 2 of 8

Re:Android Update Causing Lots of Issues (Android security patch level : February 1, 2021)

2021-04-14, 17:56 PM

Yes it's true lots of issues to new software update in Motorola one macro phone phone disconnect but screen always show its phone coming to I have again and again disconnect but no response finally I got restart the phone then pop up window gone it's big problem can u solve the issue 

Options

5912 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3353 Signins

80426 Page Views

• Views: 80426
  • Message 3 of 8

Re:Android Update Causing Lots of Issues (Android security patch level : February 1, 2021)

2021-04-15, 21:44 PM

@ Mohitoli wrote:

Hi,

I am facing the following issues after updating my Motorola one macro (Android security patch level is February 1, 2021):

1) Disconnecting a call by selecting the red button to end the call but the call screen remains there with red button not going anywhere. The call actually disconnects but the mobile screen is still busy showing that the call is going on. The only option to get out of this issue is to restart the phone. Even after restart the same issue comes with another call and this loop goes on.

2) SD card is not getting recognized. After this android update the mobile asked to format the SD card and I did. But even then its having difficulty to recognize the SD card.

3) Today on 14th April 2021, the phone went on a restart loop when to resolve the issue present at number 1) position here, I restarted the phone. Then I removed the SD card and somehow this issue got under control.

To summarize, the latest android/security update for Motorola one macro is not tested properly. Please provide this information to the development team and provide us customers the old stable android software.

Sorry to hear about the issues you're facing. I'll start with 2 and 3. These are both signs of a failing/corrupted SD Card and likely not related to the software update. I would recommend backing up data from the card and getting a new one.  

As for the call screen issue. Can you advise if this issue occurs in safe mode (Long-press the power button to bring up the power menu > Long-press on restart > Follow the on-screen prompts to reboot into safe mode). 

Let me know.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

1 Posts

05-13-2021

India

8 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 4 of 8

2021-05-13, 16:01 PM

Hi Tom,

I am facing the issue mentioned in point 1.

It happens some times to me and the only resolution is to restart the phone.

It started happing after upgrading to android 10.

Options

3 Posts

04-14-2021

India

5 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 5 of 8

Android Update Causing Lots of Issues (Android security patch level : February 1, 2021)

2021-05-13, 16:08 PM
1) I removed the sd card and this resolved the infinite restart loop problem. 2) after sd card removal the problem of not being able to disconnect the call happened once only. 3) I didn't tried the safe mode option.
Options

5912 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3353 Signins

80426 Page Views

• Message 6 of 8

2021-05-13, 20:48 PM

I'm glad you were able to get the phone out of the bootloop. It definitely sounds like an SD Card corruption/failure. For the inability to get out of the call screen, please do test in safe mode to see if it still occurs.

Let me know,

Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

3 Posts

04-14-2021

India

5 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 7 of 8

2021-05-31, 8:07 AM
Hi Tom, The call screen issue has suddenly started to come up again. I started the phone in safe mode but the phone gets into aeroplane mode automatically and then a message comes on the screen saying something like - "safe mode is on. Do you want to stop it". When I click confirm on this message the phone hangs. The only solution left then was to restart the phone.
Options

5912 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3353 Signins

80426 Page Views

• Message 8 of 8

2021-06-01, 21:10 PM

@ Mohitoli wrote:

Hi Tom,The call screen issue has suddenly started to come up again. I started the phone in safe mode but the phone gets into aeroplane mode automatically and then a message comes on the screen saying something like - "safe mode is on. Do you want to stop it". When I click confirm on this message the phone hangs. The only solution left then was to restart the phone.

Sorry to hear this came up again. Did you put the SD Card back in the phone again? When in Safe Mode, you should be able to just toggle off airplane mode from the quick settings. Give that a try. Otherwise the next time it hangs on trying to end a call, please generate a bug report and I'll have someone take a look to see if anything stands out. 

Bug Report steps:

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power-down menu.
6. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
7. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the bug report on the forums in a reply.
8. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

Thanks,

Tom

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms