02-14-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 5

Random notification sounds on motorola one

2020-02-14, 13:09 PM

Ever since i took my new motorola one out of the box, it has been making random notification sounds.  no pattern to them. we are a few months further now, but the sounds still pop up.  I've rebooted in safe mode, but it still makes the sounds.  sometimes it stops for a few minutes, but normally they will sound a couple of times per minute.  I keep the thing on silent now, but really would like some solution! 

Options

1557 Posts

10-16-2018

GB

1535 Signins

23998 Page Views

• Views: 23998
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: Random notification sounds on motorola one

2020-02-14, 13:43 PM

wrote:

Ever since i took my new motorola one out of the box, it has been making random notification sounds.  no pattern to them. we are a few months further now, but the sounds still pop up.  I've rebooted in safe mode, but it still makes the sounds.  sometimes it stops for a few minutes, but normally they will sound a couple of times per minute.  I keep the thing on silent now, but really would like some solution! 

Try this.

Phone settings >Apps > Three dots top right and reset App preferences. Then press and hold the Power button until the phone reboots. This emulates taking the Battery out and can clear clogged ram of old bad data.

HTH :)

Options

1907 Posts

02-11-2016

US

2828 Signins

49896 Page Views

• Views: 49896
  • Message 3 of 5

2020-02-14, 14:30 PM

wrote:

wrote:

Try this.

Phone settings >Apps > Three dots top right and reset App preferences. Then press and hold the Power button until the phone reboots. This emulates taking the Battery out and can clear clogged ram of old bad data.

HTH :)

I agree with , that's a good troubleshooting step. If that doesn't stop it from getting random notification sounds, then the next time it happens please generate a bug report for me so we can hopefully see what is generating the notifications. Steps for bug report below.

-Tom

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power-down menu.
6. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
7. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the bug report on the forums in a reply.
8. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

0 Posts

02-14-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 4 of 5

2020-02-14, 15:37 PM

Thank you for helping me! 

the first option did not change anything. I have now gone through the bug report steps,  but upon choosing 'bugrapport genereren'  (it has dutch settings; i take this means generate bug report, it is the second option in the developers options, after memory.), it gives me two options. interactive report, and complete report, and after this choice the button 'melden' (report in english).   I've tried both options, but after clicking 'report'  it does not give me anthing else.  It seems like it sends the bug report somewhere, but doesn't give me an option to upload it anywhere.  

sorry for being a complete noob. How can i get the bug report to upload? 

Options

1907 Posts

02-11-2016

US

2828 Signins

49896 Page Views

• Views: 49896
  • Message 5 of 5

2020-02-19, 15:30 PM

wrote:

Thank you for helping me! 

the first option did not change anything. I have now gone through the bug report steps,  but upon choosing 'bugrapport genereren'  (it has dutch settings; i take this means generate bug report, it is the second option in the developers options, after memory.), it gives me two options. interactive report, and complete report, and after this choice the button 'melden' (report in english).   I've tried both options, but after clicking 'report'  it does not give me anthing else.  It seems like it sends the bug report somewhere, but doesn't give me an option to upload it anywhere.  

sorry for being a complete noob. How can i get the bug report to upload? 

Very odd, I know if you choose complete when it's finished generating the report you should get a notification. Let me run through the steps on my macro and see if I hit any snags in the process.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save