Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rajeevmuthyala
Paper Tape
Views: 186
Message 1 of 6

Why is Compass not working in Google maps? its sticks to single direct

Hie. i buyed recently moto one macro. while using the Gmaps the blue dot stickts to a a one direction and it wont change the moment. is there any problem with software or with mobile?? kindly help with it

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 176
Message 2 of 6

Re: Why is Compass not working in Google maps? its sticks to single direct

@rajeevmuthyala wrote:

Hie. i buyed recently moto one macro. while using the Gmaps the blue dot stickts to a a one direction and it wont change the moment. is there any problem with software or with mobile?? kindly help with it

Hi.

I'm not clear about the problem. Can you provide more detail, and maybe a screenshot of the map that isn't working as expected?

Thanks,

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Highlighted
KarlBeckman
802.11n
Views: 162
Message 3 of 6

That sounds like a very good question to ask Google.  They authored the app software and provide ongoing user support for Google Maps on all platforms.

Or are you suggesting that the compass directional sensor in your Motorola phone might be damaged?  You can check that possibility by using various other mapping apps and observing the indicated compass headings.

Bodhi527
What's DOS?
Views: 68
Message 4 of 6

Lets assume that i am going to some location from my current location...so after i put that location  in google map...then press the "start" option a "arrow"(^) apperas in screen which shows which way we are headed...that arrow changes it's direction if we change our direction..means if we turn right that arrow also moves right...

So the problem is  that arrow doesn't  move if we change  direction...it's not a software problem...something  to  do with hardware.

You can see in the attached pic

fobos90
Punch Card
Views: 40
Message 5 of 6

Motorola One Macro don't have compass/magnetometer sensor, therefore all apps that use the compass do not work or have the functionality disabled.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 12
Message 6 of 6

@fobos90 wrote:

Motorola One Macro don't have compass/magnetometer sensor, therefore all apps that use the compass do not work or have the functionality disabled.

Hi.

This is correct. When navigating by car, etc., it doesn't matter too much because once you start moving the other GPS functions can tell your direction and indicate that on the map. However, when walking (as pictured in the screenshot) it may take some time to show direction, or it may not ever consistently sense direction without a magnetometer. 

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!

And We're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More