Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reddevil08
Punch Card
Views: 1,413
Message 101 of 165

Re: Android Pie-9.0 update for Motorola one power

I wouldn't mind sticking with Oreo too as long as the security patches were provided in a timely fashion. Then when their internal testing of Pie deems it stable enough to be released, they can release it.

But at this moment they have too many problems with the device. I can't even access Twitter, Amazon on Wi-Fi networks and have either turn on a VPN or have to access it over cellular data. Motorola doesn't seem intent on providing updates to solve the issues either.

Even if they release Pie before year end, it'll have tons of bugs due to poor software control at the new Motorola/Lenovo and they won't provide updates to solve the issues.

Matt-Murdock
Punch Card
Views: 1,709
Message 102 of 165

@reddevil08 wrote:

I wouldn't mind sticking with Oreo too as long as the security patches were provided in a timely fashion. Then when their internal testing of Pie deems it stable enough to be released, they can release it.

But at this moment they have too many problems with the device. I can't even access Twitter, Amazon on Wi-Fi networks and have either turn on a VPN or have to access it over cellular data. Motorola doesn't seem intent on providing updates to solve the issues either.

Even if they release Pie before year end, it'll have tons of bugs due to poor software control at the new Motorola/Lenovo and they won't provide updates to solve the issues.

True,Id rather stay with a stable oreo than a buggy pie. Its again a personal choice ,few like to be part of beta testing and stuff like that  I used to be part of Windows insider program but i donot want to risk that with a mobile device as i donot have another phone and my Nexus doesnt give me more than 45mins of Sot. My Nexus 5 completes 5yrs this Dec Smiley Very Happy and the stock OS is the one of the reasons i bought this device . But i see why you are frustrated, i donot have any such issues so far(touch wood) with wifi , i donot use Vpn so i cant really comment on it. Did you try reaching out to them via email support? (apsocial@motorola.com).I got this email from their official twitter handle.

Ps : I do not work for Motorola, I'm just a consumer who owns a Motorola one power

SiddheshSorap
Punch Card
Views: 1,695
Message 103 of 165

I spoke with them via online assistance. They didn't gave a fixed date, they just said wait for a few more days more.
Chandra10
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,689
Message 104 of 165

Days or months 

@SiddheshSorap wrote:
I spoke with them via online assistance. They didn't gave a fixed date, they just said wait for a few more days more.

Matt-Murdock
Punch Card
Views: 1,683
Message 105 of 165

@SiddheshSorap wrote:

Yeah they never provide update release dates , they dont even say if the device is gonna get it or not .Take G5splus for instance,consumers waited monthsss before the oero was rolled out and when it finally rolled out it had few issues . Not sure why but they never share the dates, all they say is we will keep you guys posted about it .So i guess instead of rushing a buggy update , we are better off with a stable oreo.

Ps : I do not work for Motorola, I'm just a consumer who owns a Motorola one power

Chandra10
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,315
Message 106 of 165

What's the use of seeing that video 

Highlighted
Honey16h
Paper Tape
Views: 1,258
Message 107 of 165

Plzzz add some fixes quality and improve camera in your update if they are not going to add some new features plzzz improve something...

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 1,104
Message 108 of 165

@Matt-Murdock wrote:

@SiddheshSorap wrote:

Yeah they never provide update release dates , they dont even say if the device is gonna get it or not .

Well, that's half-true. We never give dates, but we always say if a phone is getting an update or not. It's posted on our Software Upgrade News Page, though we generally don't update it with new phones until the next OS is released after the phone launches. And we said the motorola one will get two OS upgrades, in our blog.

I'll see about getting that added to the News page.

- Matt

Matt-Murdock
Punch Card
Views: 1,081
Message 109 of 165

@MattForumsMngr wrote:

@Matt-Murdock wrote:

@SiddheshSorap wrote:

Yeah they never provide update release dates , they dont even say if the device is gonna get it or not .

Well, that's half-true. We never give dates, but we always say if a phone is getting an update or not. It's posted on our Software Upgrade News Page, though we generally don't update it with new phones until the next OS is released after the phone launches. And we said the motorola one will get two OS upgrades, in our blog.

I'll see about getting that added to the News page.

- Matt

Well, that page also says 

"Secure: With Android One, both motorola one and motorola one power will receive two updates to the latest Android™ OS, and offer peace of mind with Google Play Protect and monthly security patch updates, guaranteed to be received for three years .

Keyword here being "monthly" and here we are . Updates or not I still love the device though its awesome Smiley Very Happy and the battery is beast , we should give that one to the team Heart

TricErBoy
Punch Card
Views: 1,151
Message 110 of 165

Right bro no timely monthly updates being an android one device it's a shame to be a part of that. Purchased a branded android one device to be secured from malwares and what so ever. But sad to say though never had expected, the progress of the android one software development questions us whether we are secure or not...😞 Disappointed...

Top Kudoed Authors