Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Poir_H
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,652
Message 451 of 678

Re: Android Pie-9.0 update for Motorola one power

I feel that we should be patient for a few more days before rawing conclusions. However, I strongly feel that instead of rolling out in phase, an option to update via a link would be much better for the eager users. Along with that, soak testing can be made open for a much larger number of customers.

reddevil08again
Punch Card
Views: 1,609
Message 452 of 678

They shouldn't have made announcements all over the news and sent notifications to users when they were not ready for the rollout.

Could've just provided Oreo with November security patch and majority of the users would have been happy. Pie could have been rolled out properly in December.

Instead they opted for pulling this stunt.

Poir_H
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,560
Message 453 of 678

Yeah. They should have atleast given us the updated October and November security patches

Pothi
SCSI Port
Views: 1,513
Message 454 of 678

@reddevil08again wrote:

They shouldn't have made announcements all over the news and sent notifications to users when they were not ready for the rollout.

Could've just provided Oreo with November security patch and majority of the users would have been happy. Pie could have been rolled out properly in December.

Instead they opted for pulling this stunt.

Can't agree more.

Highlighted
Matt-Murdock
HDMI
Views: 1,476
Message 455 of 678

Its not that the phone will stop functioning normally  with out the pie. We were fine with the delayed PIE (well atleast iam) . Why promise something and not give it to the users? . Forget about the Pie where is the security update?(dont give me that "its gonna come with pie").Moto team is aware that they are rolling out Pie and its getting delayed ,we coudl have waited for it (as if we have another choice apart from downloading it from other sources,which i highly doubt would be stable).Give the monthly security updates and take your time with pie and we can call it a day (its too late for that  now considering how you folks are advertising it all over with pie).Looks like for moto team few days = (1 to 2 months).

Ps : I do not work for Motorola, I'm just a consumer who owns a Motorola one power
reddevil08again
Punch Card
Views: 1,448
Message 456 of 678

@Matt-Murdock wrote:

Its not that the phone will stop functioning normally  with out the pie. We were fine with the delayed PIE (well atleast iam) . Why promise something and not give it to the users? . Forget about the Pie where is the security update?(dont give me that "its gonna come with pie").Moto team is aware that they are rolling out Pie and its getting delayed ,we coudl have waited for it (as if we have another choice apart from downloading it from other sources,which i highly doubt would be stable).Give the monthly security updates and take your time with pie and we can call it a day (its too late for that  now considering how you folks are advertising it all over with pie).Looks like for moto team few days = (1 to 2 months).

Actually me and a lot of others have been using Pie for nearly a week. The only problems I have heard about are the design elements that are part of stock Pie. The update as a whole is quite stable and a big improvement over Oreo with no show stopping bugs.

One downgrade is that you can no longer use Substratum without root but that limitation has been imposed by Google.

Pothi
SCSI Port
Views: 1,332
Message 457 of 678

@reddevil08again wrote:

Actually me and a lot of others have been using Pie for nearly a week. The only problems I have heard about are the design elements that are part of stock Pie. The update as a whole is quite stable and a big improvement over Oreo with no show stopping bugs.

One downgrade is that you can no longer use Substratum without root but that limitation has been imposed by Google.

How did you get the update?

Are you part of MFN?

Or are you part of any other beta program or soak test?

Sagnikdey
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,315
Message 458 of 678

Still now haven't received any pie update.  Today is 23rd November and still no update running on 2month old security patch.. 😶

RRathore
Punch Card
Views: 1,288
Message 459 of 678

@MattAdmin You post a comment earlier on this thread that if we will not receive the pie on 23rd November then you will help us to get the Android pie because Moto start full deployment 23 Nov.

So could you please help us to got the Android pie update
reddevil08again
Punch Card
Views: 1,279
Message 460 of 678

@RRathore wrote:
@MattAdmin You post a comment earlier on this thread that if we will not receive the pie on 23rd November then you will help us to get the Android pie because Moto start full deployment 23 Nov.

So could you please help us to got the Android pie update

Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

Sure. Try thatSmiley LOL

Top Kudoed Authors