Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
GibinThomas
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 428
Message 1 of 9

Battery Issue with Moto OnePower

I have been using Moto one Power for a couple months and my experience has been very positive. But recently it has changed. My phone's battery life is deteriorating considerably.

I used to get 11.30- 12.15 hours of screen on time consistently but since the last couple of weeks the battery barely lasts 9 hours. I expect atleast 10+ hours of screen on time from a phone with 5000mAh battery.

I checked app usage and everything seems to be normal. I believe this issue began after I installed the December security update of android Pie.

I hope you take this matter seriously and make necessary arrangements to fix this issue with a future update or sugests some methods to improve battery life.

Thanks in advance.

My location: India

Network service provider: Reliance Jio

sankhyy
Paper Tape
Views: 382
Message 2 of 9

Re: Battery Issue with Moto OnePower

After december update my moto one power could hardly last 1 day. Kindly fix this.

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 341
Message 3 of 9

Hi.

We do encourage you to use search before posting, or at least check out the posts pinned on the forums. You would have found this post, which is your first step. Let me know when you have your IMEIs posted and I can take a look.

Thanks,

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
GibinThomas
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 328
Message 4 of 9

Hey Matt. Appreciate the turnaround. Here's my IMEI for your reference. Thanks in advance.

[Removed, and put into your profile -- it's safer. - Matt]

Motorola Admin
Views: 320
Message 5 of 9

@GibinThomas wrote:

Hey Matt. Appreciate the turnaround. Here's my IMEI for your reference. Thanks in advance.

Hi.

I took a look. All things considered, your battery life looks pretty good. There are two things that should improve it, or at the very least explain it if it's not great.

• It doesn't look like you are fully charging the phone every day. I always suggest plugging it in when you go to bed and letting it charge overnight. That way you always have a full charge to start your day.
  • You have been spending most of your time in a very poor signal area. Recently it's gotten somewhat better, but still not a strong network signal. This is the kind of thing that can drain the battery, as the phone struggles to stay connected. 

Even with that, your phone appears to be lasting 30-40 hours at minimum. If you charge daily, you should not have issues. 

If screen-on time is the issue (and that is pretty good performance, even so) it's possible the change to Pie's new Adaptive Brightness model is making your screen brighter. If you switch to Adaptive Brightness and regularly adjust the brightness to your taste, it will learn from that and could possibly manage the display in a more efficient way.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Matt-Murdock
HDMI
Views: 305
Message 6 of 9

@MattForumsMngr wrote:

@GibinThomas wrote:

Hi.

• It doesn't look like you are fully charging the phone every day. I always suggest plugging it in when you go to bed and letting it charge overnight. That way you always have a full charge to start your day. 

- Matt

So is it okay to leave it plugged in and charging over night? .I read it some where that it harms the battery in Long run and that we are supposed to charge it somewhere between 15 to 90% battery only. I get what you're saying, it's always a great feeling to wake up to a fully charged phone. I set alarm in my phone (around 10 to 15) so I keep it at arm's reach. Is that alright to leave it plugged in on bed side? (Wall outlet is next to my head at an arm's length). I don't want it to explode and kill me in my sleep 😩 considering 5000mah it can burn down an entire house. Read many reports online about phones exploding while charging. I don't use my phone when charging though but still leaving it all night? U sure? Can u vouch for this device? 

Ps : I do not work for Motorola, I'm just a consumer who owns a Motorola one power
Motorola Admin
Views: 280
Message 7 of 9

@Matt-Murdock wrote:

@MattForumsMngr wrote:

@GibinThomas wrote:

Hi.

- Matt

So is it okay to leave it plugged in and charging over night? .I read it some where that it harms the battery in Long run and that we are supposed to charge it somewhere between 15 to 90% battery only. I get what you're saying, it's always a great feeling to wake up to a fully charged phone. I set alarm in my phone (around 10 to 15) so I keep it at arm's reach. Is that alright to leave it plugged in on bed side? (Wall outlet is next to my head at an arm's length). I don't want it to explode and kill me in my sleep 😩 considering 5000mah it can burn down an entire house. Read many reports online about phones exploding while charging. I don't use my phone when charging though but still leaving it all night? U sure? Can u vouch for this device? 

Yes, you can do this, if you are using the provided charger, another official Motorola charger, or another quality charger. (I would guess that any incidents are due to the use of poor-quality or damaged chargers.) I always charge mine overnight, next to my bed so it's 100% in the morning.

- Matt

TricErBoy
SCSI Port
Views: 264
Message 8 of 9

Oh I didn't know that this, idea seems great. Cause i have read somewhere in blogs that battery swells up if you leave charging your phone over night. So was that information vague otherwise I have to end up in a service centre to replace a damaged battery.

Motorola Admin
Views: 230
Message 9 of 9

@TricErBoy wrote:

Oh I didn't know that this, idea seems great. Cause i have read somewhere in blogs that battery swells up if you leave charging your phone over night. So was that information vague otherwise I have to end up in a service centre to replace a damaged battery.

No quality phone battery should do this. Charge it overnight.

- Matt

Top Kudoed Authors