Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola one Phonesmotorola one / motorola one power
All Forum Topics
Options

28 Posts

06-26-2019

India

27 Signins

208 Page Views

• Views: 208
  • Message 1 of 3

Bluetooth gets switched on automatically & randomly on Motorola One Power

2019-09-16, 3:37 AM

Hi,

I have been using the Motorola One Power handset for the past few months. So far it's been working well. But, of late noticed that the Bluetooth service gets switched on automatically and randomly without my having done anything. When this happens overnight, it drains significant amount of battery. One of the main reasons I bought this handset was for its huge battery which lasts me two full days on moderate use. Have reported this to Motorola CC as well, but would be helpful if someone on this forum can share a fix or work-around for this annoying issue. Thanks !

P.S.: The trouble is that unlike in my other phones Bluetooth doesn't show up on Status Bar when active. Hence, one has to manually check the same on drop-down list from Status Bar.

Cheers 

Ramesh

Options

5996 Posts

12-04-2017

India

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

• Views: 77328
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Bluetooth gets switched on automatically & randomly on Motorola One Power

2019-09-16, 8:17 AM

Hi iramesh,

Thank you for writing to us, this is odd. How often do you notice this? Usually, this is caused by third-party apps like Share-it as it constantly tries to initiate the Bluetooth connection. 

Can we quickly test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up " Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up. Reboot your device to get back to the 'Normal Mode'.

Let us know how it goes?

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Options

28 Posts

06-26-2019

India

27 Signins

208 Page Views

• Views: 208
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Bluetooth gets switched on automatically & randomly on Motorola One Power

2019-09-16, 10:53 AM

Hi Swaraj,

After posting I checked that there's another post/thread related to similar issue at https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-X4/Bluetooth-gets-turned-on-automatically-after-deactivating-the/m-p/3922231#M1093

Have tried the solution mentioned there. Will monitor the same and if the issue recurs on my phone (of Bluetooth getting switched on randomly on its own) shall post again on this thread. My issue may / may not be related to the thread mentioned above.

Cheers

Ramesh

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms