12-19-2019

IN

6 Signins

147 Page Views

• Views: 147
  • Message 1 of 10

Cannot see who is calling, cannot access my call log too

2019-12-19, 7:32 AM

last night, my moto one got upgraded to android 10. Since then, I am unable to see who is calling me, I cannot see my missed calls, incoming calls nor my contacts too. 

I cannot see my messages too. When I open my phone app to see my call log, all I can see is a blank white screen, same goes with my messages app as well. Phone and message apps are default apps that I got from Moto.

I tried the following:

Checked DND, it is off

Did a reset to defaut apps (lost my contacts, I cannot see any on Whats app which is linked to my contacts :( )

Did a reset to wifi, bluetooth too.

I am so frustrated that as all my OTPs are linked to the number I am using and cannot go ahead with any digital transcations because I cannot see my messages or can get to see any incoming call.

PS: My phone is ringing when someone calls me but there is no option to either decline or accept the call, because screen doesn't show up anything.

Similarly I can dial in the no, but no option of hanging up, because the screen doesn't show anything

Kindly, request the team to look into this ASAP.

Regards,

Pavani

Options

1514 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

272 Signins

16644 Page Views

• Views: 16644
  • Message 2 of 10

Re: Cannot see who is calling, cannot access my call log too

2019-12-19, 7:46 AM

wrote:

last night, my moto one got upgraded to android 10. Since then, I am unable to see who is calling me, I cannot see my missed calls, incoming calls nor my contacts too. 

I cannot see my messages too. When I open my phone app to see my call log, all I can see is a blank white screen, same goes with my messages app as well. Phone and message apps are default apps that I got from Moto.

I tried the following:

Checked DND, it is off

Did a reset to defaut apps (lost my contacts, I cannot see any on Whats app which is linked to my contacts :( )

Did a reset to wifi, bluetooth too.

I am so frustrated that as all my OTPs are linked to the number I am using and cannot go ahead with any digital transcations because I cannot see my messages or can get to see any incoming call.

PS: My phone is ringing when someone calls me but there is no option to either decline or accept the call, because screen doesn't show up anything.

Similarly I can dial in the no, but no option of hanging up, because the screen doesn't show anything

Kindly, request the team to look into this ASAP.

Regards,

Pavani

Hi PavaniRathod,

Thanks for reporting this! I would suggest you perform a Factory Reset Data by taking back up of your data. We recommend performing a reset after a Software update as it helps to start the device afresh and that could solve your concern.

We would also like to investigate why and what might be causing this. Kindly update your device IMEI on your profile and share a Bug Report. Here are the steps:

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]

2. After the above steps Developer options will be enabled.

3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On

4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On

5. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power-down menu.

6. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.

7. Then upload the Bug Report to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the Bug Report on the forums in a reply or via a private message.

8. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

6 Posts

12-19-2019

IN

6 Signins

147 Page Views

• Message 3 of 10

2019-12-19, 8:20 AM

I am unable to see any Developer option under settings. 

Options

1514 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

272 Signins

16644 Page Views

• Message 4 of 10

2019-12-19, 8:55 AM

wrote:

I am unable to see any Developer option under settings. 

Hi PavaniRathod,

You have to tap 7 times on the Build number to go to the Developers option. What do you see when you tap on the Build number under About phone? Kindly confirm.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

2 Posts

12-19-2019

IN

4 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 5 of 10

2019-12-19, 10:01 AM
Where should i share my bug report?
Options

6 Posts

12-19-2019

IN

6 Signins

147 Page Views

• Message 6 of 10

2019-12-19, 10:38 AM

It says, I am a developer already but cannot see any Developer option to proceed further.  Hence, I am failing to report this bug

Options

1514 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

272 Signins

16644 Page Views

• Message 7 of 10

2019-12-20, 4:16 AM

wrote:
Where should i share my bug report?

Hi Rocky00793,

You can PM me the bug report with your device IMEI number.

Regards,

Suman

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

6 Posts

12-19-2019

IN

6 Signins

147 Page Views

• Message 8 of 10

2019-12-20, 6:45 AM
Options

6 Posts

12-19-2019

IN

6 Signins

147 Page Views

• Message 9 of 10

2019-12-20, 6:47 AM

Hi Suman,

I did a factory reset and its working but failed to take a back up of data as my phone was crashing always.

Regards,

Pavani

Options

1514 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

272 Signins

16644 Page Views

• Message 10 of 10

2019-12-23, 8:09 AM

wrote:

Hi Suman,

I did a factory reset and its working but failed to take a back up of data as my phone was crashing always.

Regards,

Pavani

Hi PavaniRathod,

Sorry to know that you couldn't take the back up of your data but I am glad that performing a Factory Reset solved your concerns with the device.

Regards

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save