IN

1 Signins

27 Page Views

• Views: 27
  • Message 1 of 8

Cant make calls using Android Auto

2019-09-08, 7:21 AM

Hi ,

I am troubling with my phone after connecting with android auto.i cannot make a calls using Android auto but I can receive calls but can't call.it is showing calling from my digipad .But it is not connecting with my phone.i have tried with other android phones it is working smoothly .If I need to connect my phone for making calls any settings changes I have to do ? If anybody knows means please help me out.other than making calls everything is fine for me.

Options

5988 Posts

12-04-2017

IN

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

• Views: 77328
  • Message 2 of 8

Re: Cant make calls using Android Auto

2019-09-09, 9:35 AM

wrote:

Hi ,

I am troubling with my phone after connecting with android auto.i cannot make a calls using Android auto but I can receive calls but can't call.it is showing calling from my digipad .But it is not connecting with my phone.i have tried with other android phones it is working smoothly .If I need to connect my phone for making calls any settings changes I have to do ? If anybody knows means please help me out.other than making calls everything is fine for me.

Thank you for reporting , please try the below steps and let us know if that helps? Here is the link: https://support.google.com/androidauto/answer/6348066?hl=en

• https://support.google.com/androidauto/answer/6348190?hl=en
  • Also, please make sure to perform clear cache/data on the Android Auto app by going to Settings > Apps & notification > All apps > locate Android Auto app > Storage > Clear data/cache and > Make sure the app is updated to the latest version available on the Play Store and observe.

Let us know how it goes? We are here to help!

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Options

3 Posts

12-09-2019

IN

6 Signins

32 Page Views

• Views: 32
  • Message 3 of 8

2019-12-09, 11:50 AM

wrote:

Hi ,

Options

3 Posts

12-09-2019

IN

6 Signins

32 Page Views

• Message 4 of 8

2019-12-09, 11:52 AM

This issue is still persisiting...tried all the the steps as mentioned or recommended by motorola in the forum. I think its a bug and need to fixed. I am on the latest software. Also using the Android Auto Latest Version (4.8.594324, 31st Oct Release) from Play Store.

This issue happens to arise only on Motorola One Power. tried with my firend's Moptorola Onbe Power as well. Same results. It works well with other vendors.

The calls dont get initiated from Android Auto, nor any controls are visible. It gets stuck on the calling screen. Can receive calls but cant make calls. As soon as we exit Android Auto, the call gets through.

Please fix it in the next update. Also let me know if any kind of logs or assistance is needed from my side.

Software Version:PPTS 29744158

Security Patch: 1st November

Attaching Screenshot for the same.

Options

1 Posts

12-13-2019

PL

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 5 of 8

2019-12-13, 7:40 AM

wrote:

Hi ,

Hi,

I had the same problem as you did (on Moto G5 Plus). For me, the solution was setting the Dual SIM to manual. If you use Dual SIM, go to Settings>Wireless & networks>Dual SIM and specify which SIM is default, you can check which contacts should use the other SIM. After I did that, the calls started to work.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

GarfFun

Options

3 Posts

12-09-2019

IN

6 Signins

32 Page Views

• Message 6 of 8

2019-12-14, 5:59 AM

Hi GarfFun,

I tried what you suggested and it works completely fine. Thank you so much for the workaround....I didnt find a solution to this anywhere else.

But I will still maintain that its a bug since that functionality should also work with "Smart Dual Sim" and nit jusy with manual sim settings.

Options

1 Posts

05-26-2020

PT

2 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 7 of 8

2020-05-26, 9:29 AM
Doesn't work
Options

18215 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2283 Signins

55732 Page Views

• Views: 55732
  • Message 8 of 8

Re:Cant make calls using Android Auto

2020-05-26, 14:21 PM

@ MikeCross wrote:

Doesn't work

Hi.

If you can provide more details, like make and model of car and what happens when you try to use Android Auto, we can try to help.

-Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete