10-20-2018

IN

463 Signins

8611 Page Views

• Views: 8611
  • Message 1 of 6

DND - Do Not Disturb Issue with Moto One Power

2018-11-19, 11:57 AM

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/motorola-one-motorola-one-power/DND-Do-Not-Disturb-Issue-with-MotoOnePower/m-p/4273703#M1506

I have a weird issue with my dnd on Moto one power. I tried the steps mentioned above and it dint really fix it. Issue I'm facing is hard to explain but I'll try and put it in simple terms. I hit the volume up key and enable dnd from the toggle switch ,I select the option "until you turn off dnd" and the device goes into silent mode (total silence) so far it's working as designed but the issue arises when I turn off the dnd from notification bar it shows it's turned off but when I get a call or texts it doesn't ring or give me any notification tone. I press the volume up key again and I see the dnd toggle is still on but when I pull down notification bar I see it's not in dnd or total silence. What I found after trying different settings is if I put device on total silence/ dnd  from notification bar I can hit the volume rocker and remove it from dnd but if I put my device in dnd via volume rocker it will only let me disable it via volume rocker if I remove it from the notification bar it will show that it's not on total silent but it will still be in total silence. Please find attached screenshot of volume rocker and notification bar. As you can see volume rocker shows dnd is on while notification bar pull down menu shows total silence is off. I've tested it in safe mode as well and it's the same there.

Ps : I do not work for Motorola, I'm just a consumer who owns a Motorola one power
Options

248 Posts

10-20-2018

IN

463 Signins

8611 Page Views

• Message 2 of 6

Re: DND - Do Not Disturb Issue with Moto One Power

2018-11-19, 12:03 PM

wrote:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/motorola-one-motorola-one-power/DND-Do-Not-Disturb-Issue-with-MotoOnePower/m-p/4273703#M1506

I have a weird issue with my dnd on Moto one power. I tried the steps mentioned above and it dint really fix it. Issue I'm facing is hard to explain but I'll try and put it in simple terms. I hit the volume up key and enable dnd from the toggle switch ,I select the option "until you turn off dnd" and the device goes into silent mode (total silence) so far it's working as designed but the issue arises when I turn off the dnd from notification bar it shows it's turned off but when I get a call or texts it doesn't ring or give me any notification tone. I press the volume up key again and I see the dnd toggle is still on but when I pull down notification bar I see it's not in dnd or total silence. What I found after trying different settings is if I put device on total silence/ dnd  from notification bar I can hit the volume rocker and remove it from dnd but if I put my device in dnd via volume rocker it will only let me disable it via volume rocker if I remove it from the notification bar it will show that it's not on total silent but it will still be in total silence. Please find attached screenshot of volume rocker and notification bar. As you can see volume rocker shows dnd is on while notification bar pull down menu shows total silence is off. I've tested it in safe mode as well and it's the same there.

Find the second screen shot attached as its not letting me attach it in the prev post.

Im starting a new thread here as the the prev post (link included on the top) is " marked as solution " and there was not response of the prev post.

Ps : I do not work for Motorola, I'm just a consumer who owns a Motorola one power
Options

18179 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2278 Signins

55537 Page Views

• Views: 55537
  • Message 3 of 6

2018-11-19, 16:34 PM

Matt, are you on Oreo still? If so, please wait for Pie and then let me know here if it's still happening.

Thanks!

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

248 Posts

10-20-2018

IN

463 Signins

8611 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2018-11-19, 16:59 PM

wrote:

Matt, are you on Oreo still? If so, please wait for Pie and then let me know here if it's still happening.

Thanks!

- Matt

Hey Matt, yeah im still on oreo .Alright would wait for pie.Not that its causing a major issue ,its just that i have to be conscious of how i enabled /disable DND as i keep missing calls due to it .

Options

18179 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2278 Signins

55537 Page Views

• Views: 55537
  • Message 5 of 6

2018-11-19, 21:09 PM

wrote:

wrote:

Thanks!

- Matt

Hey Matt, yeah im still on oreo .Alright would wait for pie.Not that its causing a major issue ,its just that i have to be conscious of how i enabled /disable DND as i keep missing calls due to it .

I understand. But there aren't going to be any Oreo fixes so anything at this point would have to go in a Pie fix.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

248 Posts

10-20-2018

IN

463 Signins

8611 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2018-11-20, 10:26 AM

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

Thanks!

- Matt

I understand. But there aren't going to be any Oreo fixes so anything at this point would have to go in a Pie fix.

- Matt

Ok.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete