Options

13 Posts

10-26-2018

IN

100 Signins

1188 Page Views

• Views: 1188
  • Message 1 of 4

Different Build Numbers with same security patch while one is not recieving any update

2018-10-27, 15:27 PM

Why is my MotorolaOnePower's build number OPT28.81-39 whereas many others have build number OPT28.81-42 but both are on August security patch.
On top of that, some are recieving OPT28.81-45 update with September security patch but I haven't yet?

Solved! See the solution
Options

1044 Posts

10-08-2015

IN

1597 Signins

33668 Page Views

• Views: 33668
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Different Build Numbers with same security patch while one is not recieving any update

2018-10-29, 15:31 PM

wrote:

Why is my MotorolaOnePower's build number OPT28.81-39 whereas many others have build number OPT28.81-42 but both are on August security patch.
On top of that, some are recieving OPT28.81-45 update with September security patch but I haven't yet?

Hi shubho44,

Greetings from Motorola,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. Request you to check with below checkpoints & let us know. 

1. Check with strong WiFi network.

2. Tap on Settings>> Apps>>3 vertical dots>>Show system>>Download Manager>>Storage>>Clear data. (Restart the device)

3. Perform the Wipe Cache partition below are steps for same.

Please charge the device minimum 80% & take a data backup of your device.

• 1. Power off the device, press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power button at the same time until the device turns on.
  • 2. Press the Volume Down button to highlight "Recovery mode"
  • 3. Press the Power button to restart into Recovery mode.
  • 4. You'll see an image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark.
  • 5. While holding the Power button, press the Volume Up button once. 
  • 6. Use the volume buttons to scroll to "wipe cache partition " and press the Power button to select it.

If the above checkpoints did not help you to update then please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps to determine what is causing the issue? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled. This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Thanks & Regards
Nikh
Lenovo-Moto Support

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

13 Posts

10-26-2018

IN

100 Signins

1188 Page Views

• Views: 1188
  • Message 3 of 4

Re: Different Build Numbers with same security patch while one is not recieving any update

2018-10-29, 20:03 PM

wrote:

wrote:

Hi shubho44,

Greetings from Motorola,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. Request you to check with below checkpoints & let us know. 

1. Check with strong WiFi network.

2. Tap on Settings>> Apps>>3 vertical dots>>Show system>>Download Manager>>Storage>>Clear data. (Restart the device)

3. Perform the Wipe Cache partition below are steps for same.

Please charge the device minimum 80% & take a data backup of your device.

• 1. Power off the device, press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power button at the same time until the device turns on.
  • 2. Press the Volume Down button to highlight "Recovery mode"
  • 3. Press the Power button to restart into Recovery mode.
  • 4. You'll see an image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark.
  • 5. While holding the Power button, press the Volume Up button once. 
  • 6. Use the volume buttons to scroll to "wipe cache partition " and press the Power button to select it.

If the above checkpoints did not help you to update then please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps to determine what is causing the issue? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled. This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Thanks & Regards
Nikh
Lenovo-Moto Support

I cleared the data of Download Manager but did not find the "Wipe Cache Partition" in recovery mode.
Good news is I finally got the update and it was (342Mb). It took 30mins to install.

Now, it has september security patch and  build number is OPT28.81-45.

THANK YOU.

Options

18215 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2283 Signins

55732 Page Views

• Views: 55732
  • Message 4 of 4

2018-10-29, 20:09 PM

wrote:

And your original question about the two build numbers is simply based on when the phone was purchased.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete